Jump to content

Terence Mathis on 92.9 The Game, talking about how the 98 Falcons were disrespected going into the NFC Championship game...


Spts1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Did any of yall catch him today? I caught about 5 minutes of it. He was talking about how this team has the feel of a championship team and that he knows they are gonna win Sunday. He also talked about how their team was being disrespected going into their NFC championship game also. ( They were).  The Minnesota papers had already crowned the Vikings the NFC Champions and was talking about the Miami trip.  

He said that when the Falcons were being introduced, the Minnesota P.A. announcers and team organizers played games with their introduction. He said that the first 3 Falcon defenders were being introduced by the announcer, but the announcer was using the names of offensive people who played for the Falcons. He said that after the third Falcon defender got announced that way, the Falcons just all burst out of the tunnel and said " forget" the announcements, and bum rushed the field. He said those things played a part in them beating Minnesota...

Edited by slickgadawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

Totally disrespected. NOBODY thought the Falcons were going to win that game. I read even the NFL already has stuff printed up, etc. So we're gonna show all the naysayers this time around like the '98 Falcons did. 

I would think they'd have stuff printed out for all the possibilities so they can start selling immediately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I would think they'd have stuff printed out for all the possibilities so they can start selling immediately

Well you would think, but this left the impression it was just for the Vikings. But I can't say for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, urban_achiever said:

Still blows my mind how a 14-2 regular season team got overlooked. But they did, I remember the Vikings hype. They were exciting, but we had a legit defense and a balanced offense. Seems like we were top 10 on both sides of the ball. 

And we had Jamal Anderson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, papachaz said:

pretty sure our guys had hats and shirts right after the game, though that could be the team doing it and not the league? 

Think it's the league. Shirts/hats are printed for both teams and have been for a long time. 

The losing team in a SuperBowl/worldSeries/NBA Finals/etc, their stuff gets sent to humanity relief efforts. I think it usually gets sent to Africa, Central America, Haiti, any Country that needs it. They use to get destroyed, but for the past 30yrs or so this has been the case 

This year, after the World Series, it was a story about all the Indians stuff was going to be destroyed instead of given away. The league said they didn't want people to wear the incorrect shirts/hats, and some finds its way back to the states. However,  most likely the Indians logo was why.

I expect this program to continue and it should. Stupid to destroy stuff that people need. Who cares what it says 

Edited by jeffro2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That whole year the media kept saying the Falcons were a fluke. That psd em off. When the Farty Niners came in for the divisional round game they took it out on em.

My favorite thing from that year was hearing Jessie say we aint never been to a Super Bowl but we going now.

I liked William White dancing on the turf after Morten kicked FG to win SB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, fuego said:

Well you would think, but this left the impression it was just for the Vikings. But I can't say for sure. 

Reeves said that when he received the official Super Bowl credentials/paperwork after the game, it had Vikings written on the front of the envelope.

(At least that's what I heard)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Think it's the league. Shirts/hats are printed for both teams and have been for a long time. 

The losing team in a SuperBowl/worldSeries/NBA Finals/etc, their stuff gets sent to humanity relief efforts. I think it usually gets sent to Africa, Central America, Haiti, any Country that needs it. They use to get destroyed, but for the past 30yrs or so this has been the case 

This year, after the World Series, it was a story about all the Indians stuff was going to be destroyed instead of given away. The league said they didn't want people to wear the incorrect shirts/hats, and some finds its way back to the states. However,  most likely the Indians logo was why.

I expect this program to continue and it should. Stupid to destroy stuff that people need. Who cares what it says 

These poor kids think Tom Brady and the Patriots went 19-0 in 2007!

19kids1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, urban_achiever said:

Still blows my mind how a 14-2 regular season team got overlooked. But they did, I remember the Vikings hype. They were exciting, but we had a legit defense and a balanced offense. Seems like we were top 10 on both sides of the ball. 

My point exactly! The NFL, to this day, acts as if a 6-10 beat them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...