LOL Mark Zuckerberg

Dago 3.0

You need to look up the meaning of "stealing".

Zuckerberg has spent 3yrs looking up records to identify the owners of each parcel so he can pay them for the land. Only one person is actually using their parcel.

There's a good chance that many of these people don't even know they own it. People are going to get a surprise pile of cash handed to them.

55 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This reminds me of a story I meant to bring up several weeks ago and I forgot.  Apparently Obama doesn't see the irony in this.  

President Obama is listening to Donald Trump, sort of. He's going to "build a wall." While that's the saying that many Trump supporters utter, it's weird when it comes from the soon-to-be former President Barack Obama.

According to TMZ, the Obamas are building a wall around their Washington, D.C. mansion to keep unwelcome guests off their property for when they leave office.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-building-a-wall-around-his-new-dc-house/article/2611130

I saw that but I am figuring that the Secret Service might have something to do with that

1 hour ago, Doozer said:

You need to look up the meaning of "stealing".

Zuckerberg has spent 3yrs looking up records to identify the owners of each parcel so he can pay them for the land. Only one person is actually using their parcel.

There's a good chance that many of these people don't even know they own it. People are going to get a surprise pile of cash handed to them.

He stole facebook.

7 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

and you missed the part where he is suing to force the sales....to make sure that people don't have a choice in the matter

So he's doing it through the legal system? Still not stealing.

There are similar laws in every state that involve abandoned/undeveloped property.

3 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

wrong again. the article points out that this situation is unique to Hawaii 

Wrong again. The article points out that the unique problem Hawaii has of MULTIPLE (unknown) owners. That's why they had to go through years of geneological research.

If this was any other state, Zuck would have gotten the sale sooner. Seriously, have you never heard of states forcing owners to sell their property to businesses who wanted to develop the land?

Edited by Doozer

8 hours ago, Doozer said:

Are people jealous that a billionaire can buy an island?

If rich people can't have their own island, then what kind of world are we making for our children!

If I was a billionaire and bought an island, I wouldn't be a ***** and kick everybody out of their homes that's probably been in their families for a very long  time. 

8 hours ago, Doozer said:

Wrong again. The article points out that the unique problem Hawaii has of MULTIPLE (unknown) owners. That's why they had to go through years of geneological research.

If this was any other state, Zuck would have gotten the sale sooner. Seriously, have you never heard of states forcing owners to sell their property to businesses who wanted to develop the land?

do you have a relative who can read the article to you using only monosyllabic words? because obviously you fail at reading comprehension

3 hours ago, Nereek said:

If I was a billionaire and bought an island, I wouldn't be a ***** and kick everybody out of their homes that's probably been in their families for a very long  time. 

What homes? This is undeveloped land that no one lives on.

I have similar family land. I wouldn't mind some billionaire giving me money because I know I'll never have any use for it. Nor the money to make it habitable.

Do you know how much it costs to build a road? How about a power line? Water supply?

3 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

do you have a relative who can read the article to you using only monosyllabic words? because obviously you fail at reading comprehension

You lose the argument so you resort to insults. I accept your forfeit. Come back once you've learned the defintion of "stealing."

FAce it, you got caught spreading fake news. Stop being jealous of rich people.

Edited by Doozer

Just now, Doozer said:

I have similar family land. I wouldn't mind some billionaire giving me money because I know I'll never have any use for it. Nor the money to make it habitable.

Do you know how much it costs to build a road? How about a power line? Water supply?

No defense for your lack of reading comprehension? Still haven't explained how this is "stealing."

the fact that he isn't giving them a choice in the matter makes it theft

you have no idea if these people want to sell or if they would get the compensation that they think they are entitled to. In fact, you are assuming they all feel just like you do which is asinine 

in fact, we can reasonably conclude they don't agree with you otherwise the lawsuits wouldn't be necessary. It should be no problem to find out the name and contact info of the plot owners...especially for a billionaire. From there, it's just a matter of submitting the offer. 

even an idiot knows you don't need to file a lawsuit to accomplish that

27 minutes ago, Doozer said:

You lose the argument so you resort to insults. I accept your forfeit. Come back once you've learned the defintion of "stealing."

I was making an example that if I bought a island, that had people on it, I wouldn't treat them like crap and force them off.

I see nothing wrong with this. It happens quite often. There is tons of land that families have owned for generations that businesses or other individuals want to buy. 

The government can even force you to sell your land in some situations.

23 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You're right it's called eminent domain.  I've seen that happen several times in my life where I live, expropriation, for what the governemnt deemed as progress.  

Yea, I heard that the theory is that some land is either abandoned, not maintained, uninhabitable, etc. and they (government or whoever) decides that buying the land would do the surrounding area some good. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sometimes, other times they just take it because they feel they have a great need than the public does for that land.  One time in my area they had to widen/extend route 66 going into Washington DC and they has to take homes, many residential homes for miles to accomplish this.  

Yep! same thing happened down here in Atlanta when they added a 6th runway to the airport. . . some of those people were happy because they had nothing to begin with but others were hot!

2 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

Yea, I heard that the theory is that some land is either abandoned, not maintained, uninhabitable, etc. and they (government or whoever) decides that buying the land would do the surrounding area some good. 

yes the government can exercise eminent domain only in certain circumstances.

however, this is an individual, not the government

On 1/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, Dago 3.0 said:

I saw that but I am figuring that the Secret Service might have something to do with that

I'm not sure why the Secret Service would want that wall. It really only benefits the Secret Service if they are on the opposite side of it.

1 hour ago, Sobeit said:

I'm not sure why the Secret Service would want that wall. It really only benefits the Secret Service if they are on the opposite side of it.

I don't know, but neither do you. I offered it up as a real possibility. God knows there is enough legitimate criticism for Obama without this

1 hour ago, Dago 3.0 said:

I don't know, but neither do you. I offered it up as a real possibility. God knows there is enough legitimate criticism for Obama without this

I mostly stayed quiet on Obama while he was in office. He does deserve every bit of that criticism though.