congrats Andy Levitre

papachaz

new baby girl. Born right after the seahawks game, AND his wife sat through the game WHILE IN LABOR

holy moly that's a tough gal right there! 

and according to the article, he had no idea until after the game...

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/sports/229943039-story

Falcons player's wife attended playoff game while in laboFalcons player's wife attends playoff game while in labor

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

POSTED:JAN 18 2017 06:42PM EST

UPDATED:JAN 18 2017 10:08PM EST

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Think the Falcons-Seahawks playoff game made you uncomfortable? It's nothing compared to Andy Levitre's wife Katie.

"My wife went into labor right before the game started. She came to the game and sat through the game while she was in labor" says Levitre.

Levitre says he had no clue his wife was in labor until after the game when a Falcons staffer told him.

Katie Levitre at halftime of the Falcons-Seahawks game

Falcons player's wife attended playoff game while in labor

"I went and showered up, came outside we went home for like an hour, went to the hospital and then she gave birth," says Levitre.

The baby's name is Lily Gene Levitre. Gene is to honor Andy's dad.

"He has five boys and always wanted a girl," explains Levitre.

Even though he has a brand new bundle of joy at home, Levitre says he has been able to get the rest needed to prepare for the Packers.

"She's taking one for the team, literally," says Levitre. "I really appreciate what she's doing for me."

Earlier this season, during the 49ers game, running back Devonta Freeman gave Levitre a ball for his baby girl. Levitre says he didn't get anything from the Seahawks game because he didn't know his wife was in labor. But he says the tale is souvenir enough.

"It's going to be a cool story to tell her when she gets older. It was a good weekend for sure," says Levitre.

If the Falcons beat the Packers Sunday, maybe he can get her something from Super Bowl 51.

2 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Frankly I'd be pissed if I found out later. Don't prolong labor and risk complications over a d@mn football game.

That said, best of wishes to the young family.

I'm going out on a limb and say you most likely don't have any kids, or at the least haven't been around a birth at all. A woman can't and doesn't 'prolong labor'  LOL it's not like she could squeeze like holding in having to go to the bathroom and keep it in until she's ready, if that baby is ready, it doesn't matter where mama is. 

LOL sorry as a man who's sat through a few childbirths, that just struck me as hilarious

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I'm going out on a limb and say you most likely don't have any kids, or at the least haven't been around a birth at all. A woman can't and doesn't 'prolong labor'  LOL it's not like she could squeeze like holding in having to go to the bathroom and keep it in until she's ready, if that baby is ready, it doesn't matter where mama is. 

LOL sorry as a man who's sat through a few childbirths, that just struck me as hilarious

Maybe I didn't realize it couldn't happen that way, but my mom's uncle had his wife's labor induced far too early so that she could go back to work. Her cousin ended up with severe developmental issues. I figured maybe it worked both ways.

You are right ! Zero kids lol.