FentayeJones

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Well it looks like folks here are getting their their wish... :(

If we promote within, it should be ok. LaFleur has 2 years with Ryan and a ton of years in Shanahans system. Will the offense be historically good again? Probably not. But the defense will be a WHOLE lot better with our 4 rookies having a whole year under them. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

If we promote within, it should be ok. LaFleur has 2 years with Ryan and a ton of years in Shanahans system. Will the offense be historically good again? Probably not. But the defense will be a WHOLE lot better with our 4 rookies having a whole year under them. 

I refuse to believe we would not be historically good.

11 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Unfortunately. We need the shanny to stay. Although I don't mind giving chip kelly a call or promoting lefleur.

I'm sorry but Chip Kelly is nothing but a name. His offense has sucked every where but at the college level. He brought in his own roster in Philly and it worked until defenses figured it out and then it was crap. I'd rather have Gene Kelly as OC and he was an actor / dancer in the 1940's & 1950's who is now dead. The Chip Kelly scenarios are nothing but nonsense.

The most likely candidate for OC is Mike McDaniels according to a few different reports.

29 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What?  That middle part has me like...:huh:

Good sign. I like the idea of hiring within. There's a chapter in Pete Carroll's book Win Forever called Coaching Your Coaches. If a guy leaves and you're forced to go outside your program and hire a stranger like say Chip Kelly then you're probably not building your culture top to bottom as well as you should.

I'm sure Seattle fans were wondering who would replace Gus Bradley when he left for Jacksonville. At some point you want your players to take ownership of the scheme so that it becomes their offense or their defense. Now that the quarterback has mastered this thing through and through Atlanta will be fine.