Film Does not Lie

SkerFalcon8710

After watching coaches film on our second half vs GB I seriously believe we will hold gb to 24 or less... 

the entire 2nd half the only time a single receiver was Able to get open was if a defensive player slipped. I mean our boys were on top of them long enough to make Rodgers start dancing and allowing our Dline to get home. gb didn't complete a pass further than 10 yards down the field the entire second half except once on a sliding catch by Adams while Rodgers was being chased. 

Majority of Rodgers completions came on quick throws out to the flat where we quickly closed down the receiver.  

The only time they really moved the ball is when we lost contain and Rodgers ran for 1st downs. 

I'm sure @PeytonMannings Forehead Can attest to this assessment. 

if Adams is less than 100% GB is going to have a LONG day trying to get open with Cobb,Allison,Janis etc.. 

not saying it's impossible for them to score but what I just saw was exactly what nobody in the media has paid any mind to. Our CBS including Goodwin who was the weak link we're draped all over the receivers all the way down the field. 

We also committed 4 illegal formation penalties on offense that wiped out 1st down conversions and pushed us back usually stalling the drive. When is the last time we had a illegal formation penalty?

There was also the series where the Oline allowed back to back sacks putting the defense back on the field after only 1:30 break during the 2nd half which ended with Aaron catching Reed as a 12th man on a 3rd down stop. On that play Quinn was yelling for a TO but didn't get it. 

Get rid of the stupid mistakes and we crush GB with authority.

38-24 Falcons realistic

42-21 Falcons Hopeful.

Interesting observation..  I watched the All-22 week 8 a few nights ago and it seemed when we played man and had one guy spy the QB we had success.  Although the Spy will obviously take away from our pass rush and with Clayborn being out means more problems creating pressure with a 4 let alone 3 man rush..  Will be interesting what DQ draws up for Sunday..  I really hope the youthful Babs (the one we saw last week) and Hage77 comes out to play again..  If they do I think we'll be in good shape! 

2 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

Interesting observation..  I watched the All-22 week 8 a few nights ago and it seemed when we played man and had one guy spy the QB we had success.  Although the Spy will obviously take away from our pass rush and with Clayborn being out means more problems creating pressure with a 4 let alone 3 man rush..  Will be interesting what DQ draws up for Sunday..  I really hope the youthful Babs (the one we saw last week) and Hage77 comes out to play again..  If they do I think we'll be in good shape! 

important to note is that hags didnt play  that game. nobody really knows why but whatever it was it seems his attitude has fully changed and is being aggressive. if upshaw/reed can get pressure from the outside i think were gonna do way better than anyone realizes. i think the nation is in for a big surprise.

GB may not score 30 because their game plan will be the run the rock. Their receivers are all banged up. I hope that our coaching staff, unlike our fans, is not so AR obsessed that they are failing to prepare for the real game plan that GB is putting together. Look for CM and TM to run the ball unless they get 2 scores behind. I think they will try their best to get physical with our receivers at the line to disrupt our timing. No one has really tried it. That is typically the death of a WCO.  If they go that way, and if it is effective, I would expect Kyle to counter with 22 and 13 personnel on a lot of snaps. 

If GB wants to turn this into a ground war, I like our odds. 

Here is another tidbit to add to this game. In the Dallas game Green Bays defense ran out of gas in the second half. You could tell the were spent and getting beat down. If the Falcons come out and play very physical on both sides, this game could be over by the 3rd quarter. I do feel our Falcons could take this game it just depends on how bad they want it. 

31 minutes ago, falcndave said:

GB may not score 30 because their game plan will be the run the rock. Their receivers are all banged up. I hope that our coaching staff, unlike our fans, is not so AR obsessed that they are failing to prepare for the real game plan that GB is putting together. Look for CM and TM to run the ball unless they get 2 scores behind. I think they will try their best to get physical with our receivers at the line to disrupt our timing. No one has really tried it. That is typically the death of a WCO.  If they go that way, and if it is effective, I would expect Kyle to counter with 22 and 13 personnel on a lot of snaps. 

Who on their D is going to jam Julio or Sanu at the line? Not that Gunter guy thats for sure.

21 minutes ago, wordtobigbird said:

Who on their D is going to jam Julio or Sanu at the line? Not that Gunter guy thats for sure.

Julio is not Julio. Sanu is physical, but he can't run away after he shoves someone. He is built for power, not speed. Sanu will stay on the field if we run 13 personnel. We will have a lot of bigs running complimentary routes to get him free.

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

Keep in mind there is always the Denver game plan ...

Please let me know who we need to bribe for GB to take the ball out of the hands of their MVP & SB winning QB and have their Offense instead lean on a WR converted to RB because of injuries. I will gladly donate to that GoFundMe account!

If that is their "surprise plan" (they've been 65/35 pass/run recently, so it would definitely be a surprise), then ATL fans who complain that the Falcons don't get talked about enough in the national media are going to have more to criticize, because all the talk next week will be about the effigies of McCarthy being burned in WI.

Julio is not Julio. Sanu is physical, but he can't run away after he shoves someone. He is built for power, not speed. Sanu will stay on the field if we run 13 personnel. We will have a lot of bigs running complimentary routes to get him free.

You don't want to press a player like Gabriel unless you a technician. If you miss he's burning you deep everytime, and he has less surface area to get your hands on. I don't think they have the talent at corner to press our guys.

And I've called my shot and wrote 48-24 on my work whiteboard, letting everyone know how we're gonna handle this game. Think we'll get something like the last Saints game, without the theatrics at the end

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

Lol. I'd love to see them try to be physical with our recievers. We'll just run the ball and have our recievers pish them 10 yards down the field as soon as the ball is hiked. Can you imagine the look on Sanu's face if that's the game plan haha. "Why they do that to this man."  Hahaha 

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Please let me know who we need to bribe for GB to take the ball out of the hands of their MVP & SB winning QB and have their Offense instead lean on a WR converted to RB because of injuries. I will gladly donate to that GoFundMe account!

If that is their "surprise plan" (they've been 65/35 pass/run recently, so it would definitely be a surprise), then ATL fans who complain that the Falcons don't get talked about enough in the national media are going to have more to criticize, because all the talk next week will be about the effigies of McCarthy being burned in WI.

Lol can't wait to see that guy try to pass protect. Vic gonna toss him like around like a rag doll. 

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

Julio can still beat press.

And press is exactly what you don't want to do against a big receiver like Sanu. He's not Taylor Gabriel, but if a DB is knocked off balance its a wrap. He doesn't have to be a burner to make a huge gain if he's got a step on a DB whose knocked off balance because he missed a jam.

Thats exactly how Michael Irvin made a living.

7 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

important to note is that hags didnt play  that game. nobody really knows why but whatever it was it seems his attitude has fully changed and is being aggressive. if upshaw/reed can get pressure from the outside i think were gonna do way better than anyone realizes. i think the nation is in for a big surprise.

587b7db5c07a0_HagemanandNeal.jpg.63661a1

So the young gentleman on the left side of this photo did not play against Green Bay?  Interesting.

4 hours ago, falcndave said:

That's just not  happening. Here's the leading rusher yardage for their 8 game streak:

47,47, 61,23, 162,41,40,41. There's just no way they try to play ball control. They're going to try to match scores.

And, yeah, they can try to disrupt  the falcons WRs, operative word being try, cause they ain't succeeding in that.

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

be honest i dont care is julio is 50% cant nobody on that packers team jamm him and you foolish for even saying that and Sanu will do the same thing to them

8 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

totally agree about Hageman and his attitude change. my observation is so very limited but i remember seeing him in locker room clips and he 'seemed' disconnected. you look back at the SEA after-game locker room stuff and you can see him front and center...totally engaged and hyped!! not sure what shifted (playing time of course) but he 'seems' to be in a different place now. and THAT is great news for the team and us fans!!!