1998 NFC Championship Game

Sidecar Falcon

Wow what a year and WHAT a team that was.  I just hope Eugene Robinson never ever enjoys a single day of peace for the rest of his life.  Normally I am not a vengeful person, but I can never forgive that sorry POS - never.  This is why I don't go to church anymore.  I found out I can't really live my life by the Good Book no matter how hard I try.  Deep down turning the other cheek and forgiveness just are not in my soul.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

1 hour ago, FalconFanForLife said:

Wow what a year and WHAT a team that was.  I just hope Eugene Robinson never ever enjoys a single day of peace for the rest of his life.  Normally I am not a vengeful person, but I can never forgive that sorry POS - never.  This is why I don't go to church anymore.  I found out I can't really live my life by the Good Book no matter how hard I try.  Deep down turning the other cheek and forgiveness just are not in my soul.

Eugene Robinson made a game saving play this game. On this day he was a hero. I know Eugene Robinson a good person but for some reason the night before the Super Bowl. Just focus on yourself asking god to forgive you for your sins as we are all sinners. 

This will always go down as the best day as a Falcons fan. Because of the 1st time ever NFC Champs!

5 minutes ago, TonyMartin80 said:

The best game ever. I will always cherish this day as my greatest sports moment. If Falcons beat GB sunday that will be number 2.

I was living in Pensacola, and I had to go to work at 6 that night. Well right before the game game on, a girl friend (not a girlfriend) came by and wanted to hang out. So we went and ate, etc, and I heard nothing of the game other than I believe I had watched a little and for whatever reason I thought they were going to lose. I can't even remember anything about the game now. Anyway, I get back right before work, and go in to work, and I asked somebody how bad we lost. He said that the Falcons won. I actually thought he was kidding. I was shocked that they actually won. I had no ides and it took me a minute to really believe it. 

24 minutes ago, FalconsFanNW said:

I remember that game... it was the one where nobody outside of the state of Georgia thought the Falcons had a chance to win.

If I remember correctly, there were reports of them already having stuff printed up with the Vikings on it, etc, because they never thought Atlanta could win. 

I remember it all too well. Once Anderson's kick sailed through the uprights and I realized there were no penalty's. I ran outside and preceded to run around my house 3 or 4 times screaming and yelling. Came back inside and played "we are the champions" by queen.

You have to understand...no one gave us a chance it that game.

I figured I'd play it again after the super bowl....no dice though. But a heck of a team and season! 

What a cool year that was. I used to enjoy the fact that we stomped the hearts of Vikings fans that day, but as I've gotten older and became more of a football fan..it kind of sucks that their historic year was kind of wasted and almost forgotten because the Dirty birds came dancing through town only to completely embarrass themselves in the superbowl. 

So for anyone who might remember..

The braves worst to first run was like the greatest thing that ever happened..I was in elementary school and I still remember how everyone was completely tied up in the playoffs..they even canceled classes and we all went to the cafeteria with tvs set up so we could watch one of the post season games, cant remember which one. 

by 98 I was living in a different state, so I'm wondering if the falcons sb run had as much excitement around it as the braves ws run?  

6 hours ago, fuego said:

If I remember correctly, there were reports of them already having stuff printed up with the Vikings on it, etc, because they never thought Atlanta could win. 

Here is a funny bit. They print championship hats, shirts, etc for every team in the final game. When the other team wins they pack up and ship whatever other gear they don't destroy and ship it off to the poorest parts of the world and give it to the people over there for free. There was a movie made about this once. There were villages in Africa filled with people wearing championship shirts of teams that never won.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Here is a funny bit. They print championship hats, shirts, etc for every team in the final game. When the other team wins they pack up and ship whatever other gear they don't destroy and ship it off to the poorest parts of the world and give it to the people over there for free. There was a movie made about this once. There were villages in Africa filled with people wearing championship shirts of teams that never won.

I once knew a guy who ran a company that distributed this stuff to third world countries.  He said that back in the '90s, if you went to Zambia you'd think the Buffalo Bills were the greatest team in NFL history