Aaron Rodgers Offers High Praise of Keanu Neal

birdz4i

Posted 1 hour ago

Andrew Hirsh atlantafalcons.com Twitter

•  
  •  

During conference calls with the local media, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy and quarterback Aaron Rodgers shared their thoughts on the Falcons ahead of Sunday's matchup.

Head coach Mike McCarthy

On the Falcons’ offense:
“Well, they’re a complete offense. They’ve been on an incredible roll. You look over the course of the season, not only the production – they were No. 1 in the league in points, the production speaks for itself – really the thing that jumps off the film is the consistency. They’ve been doing it at this high level the whole year. So, excellent offensive line play; the ability they have, those five starters playing week in and week out, is so beneficial. You just see they’re very much in sync in the run (blocking) and protection. Matt’s having a great year. … It’s a complete offense.”

On the challenge of facing RBs Tevin Colemanicon-article-link.gif and Devonta Freemanicon-article-link.gif:
“They’re excellent football players. They’re three-down players. They can obviously do it from the backfield, both in the run and the pass. That’s dynamic. And that’s something we look for in the running back position: the ability to play in all three downs. Both of these guys are giving a ton of production. They really complement each other. It’s a great pair of backs.”

On the progress of Atlanta’s rookie defenders:
“They’re getting better. It’s like anything in this league. It’s the availability. That’s the No. 1 statistic. You talk about availability, accountability all the time. It’s the building blocks for a program and what you need to bring to the table every day. ... It’s no surprise when they’re able to get in there three, four, five weeks in a row. You can just see them making progress.”

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers

On the Falcons defense:
“They do have a lot of young players, but very talented players. I said during the week last time and after the game, I think Neal is a very, very talented player. I think he’s had a fantastic season. He does a lot of things out there that makes you think he’s a veteran. So having him out there to be healthy and to be consistent is a big part of their success. When you’re playing a defense that’s like this that’s rooted in the Seattle concepts, you need that player as they have with Kam Chancellor, and Neal has really stepped in and done a fantastic job for them.

“Look at the other young guys they have. Obviously, Vic (Beasley) had a fantastic season, Deion Jonesicon-article-link.gif has had a very good season, improved every single week. They’ve been banged up a bit with Desmond Trufanticon-article-link.gif, but I think (Jalen) Collins has stepped in, (Brian) Poole has definitely improved. It’s a very good defense. Those guys are not playing like rookies. And as much as I know Matt and them deserve a lot of the credit and probably get a lot of the notoriety the way that they’ve played on offense, especially last week – you look at the way they corralled that offense in Seattle, (it) was really outstanding.”

On Ryan:
“Matt’s a fantastic player. He’ had a great year, just been really consistent the entire season, playing consistently at a high level, which is tough to do. I’ve gotten to know him a bit over the years, mostly playing golf with him at Tahoe, and I’ve always enjoyed our conversations and getting to spend time with him. Just have an enormous amount of respect for the way he goes about his business.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-Offers-High-Praise-of-Keanu-Neal/4e98f66c-74b9-4f80-95e3-65bfa34e7c46

On the challenge of facing RBs Tevin Colemanicon-article-link.gif and Devonta Freemanicon-article-link.gif: 
“They’re excellent football players. They’re three-down players. They can obviously do it from the backfield, both in the run and the pass. That’s dynamic. And that’s something we look for in the running back position: the ability to play in all three downs. Both of these guys are giving a ton of production. They really complement each other. It’s a great pair of backs.”

.......If that's the case, I wonder why they haven't had a true three-down back for years.........

Edited by WiscoFalcon

6 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

On the challenge of facing RBs Tevin Colemanicon-article-link.gif and Devonta Freemanicon-article-link.gif: 

.......If that's the case, I wonder why they haven't had a true three-down back for years.........

I guess that's why they're still looking.

6 minutes ago, Willy monday said:

It gets so annoying how no one can bring up Keanu Neal without comparing him to chancellor or how our defense is trying to be like Seattle!! I mean its literally every time someone in the media talks about them.

Agreed. Last week showed little brother beat the **** out of big brother. It's time to stop calling us Seattle-esque, Seattle 2.0, Seattle South, etc.

ATLANTA. Remember the name. 

29 minutes ago, Willy monday said:

It gets so annoying how no one can bring up Keanu Neal without comparing him to chancellor or how our defense is trying to be like Seattle!! I mean its literally every time someone in the media talks about them.

Of course they do. We brought in the Seattle DC, implemented the scheme they ran, and drafted players in the mold of their stars. It isn't coincidence.

37 minutes ago, Willy monday said:

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Of course they do. We brought in the Seattle DC, implemented the scheme they ran, and drafted players in the mold of their stars. It isn't coincidence.

Exactly. Quinn is modeling after the Seahawks D, and Neal is our Chancellor. No big deal.

1 hour ago, WiscoFalcon said:

Honestly, it goes to show how fortunate we are. Lots of teams can't even find one and we have two. It's impressive. I don't know that it was necessarily done on purpose, I think they didn't realize what they had in Freeman and he worked so hard to improve in year two. 

1 hour ago, WiscoFalcon said:

They have one. He's on IR

1 hour ago, Willy monday said:

Well when you pattern your defense after a known commodity you're gonna get that. Even Quinn will say "he's our Kam". It'd be one thing if Quinn came here with a new blueprint but he came here with the exact Seattle cover 3 blueprint so it's expected that guys would be drafted in the mold of key Seattle players

Keanu does deserve high praise as well as many others on this team.  If Arod has something good to say about them, then it must be 'gospel'.  I for one, couldn't be prouder.  Win or Lose this weekend, this team isn't a 'one and done' team now.  They only get better from this point and they're going to be here for quite a few years to come as that defense gets much better and the offense continues to click.

2 hours ago, birdz4i said:

Posted 1 hour ago

Andrew Hirsh atlantafalcons.com Twitter

•  
  •  

During conference calls with the local media, Packers head coach Mike McCarthy and quarterback Aaron Rodgers shared their thoughts on the Falcons ahead of Sunday's matchup.

Head coach Mike McCarthy

On the Falcons’ offense:
“Well, they’re a complete offense. They’ve been on an incredible roll. You look over the course of the season, not only the production – they were No. 1 in the league in points, the production speaks for itself – really the thing that jumps off the film is the consistency. They’ve been doing it at this high level the whole year. So, excellent offensive line play; the ability they have, those five starters playing week in and week out, is so beneficial. You just see they’re very much in sync in the run (blocking) and protection. Matt’s having a great year. … It’s a complete offense.”

On the challenge of facing RBs Tevin Colemanicon-article-link.gif and Devonta Freemanicon-article-link.gif:

On the progress of Atlanta’s rookie defenders:
“They’re getting better. It’s like anything in this league. It’s the availability. That’s the No. 1 statistic. You talk about availability, accountability all the time. It’s the building blocks for a program and what you need to bring to the table every day. ... It’s no surprise when they’re able to get in there three, four, five weeks in a row. You can just see them making progress.”

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers

On the Falcons defense:
“They do have a lot of young players, but very talented players. I said during the week last time and after the game, I think Neal is a very, very talented player. I think he’s had a fantastic season. He does a lot of things out there that makes you think he’s a veteran. So having him out there to be healthy and to be consistent is a big part of their success. When you’re playing a defense that’s like this that’s rooted in the Seattle concepts, you need that player as they have with Kam Chancellor, and Neal has really stepped in and done a fantastic job for them.

“Look at the other young guys they have. Obviously, Vic (Beasley) had a fantastic season, Deion Jonesicon-article-link.gif has had a very good season, improved every single week. They’ve been banged up a bit with Desmond Trufanticon-article-link.gif, but I think (Jalen) Collins has stepped in, (Brian) Poole has definitely improved. It’s a very good defense. Those guys are not playing like rookies. And as much as I know Matt and them deserve a lot of the credit and probably get a lot of the notoriety the way that they’ve played on offense, especially last week – you look at the way they corralled that offense in Seattle, (it) was really outstanding.”

On Ryan:
“Matt’s a fantastic player. He’ had a great year, just been really consistent the entire season, playing consistently at a high level, which is tough to do. I’ve gotten to know him a bit over the years, mostly playing golf with him at Tahoe, and I’ve always enjoyed our conversations and getting to spend time with him. Just have an enormous amount of respect for the way he goes about his business.”

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-Offers-High-Praise-of-Keanu-Neal/4e98f66c-74b9-4f80-95e3-65bfa34e7c46

A-a-ron has done his homework. The fact he knows who Collins is speaks volumes. Even the media doesn't see what a job Jalen has done. Rodgers will be ready to play. From kick off to the last second we have to go 120% the ticket to the biggest dance is on the line.