1 minute ago, athell said:

It's not officially announced until the night before the SB, but yeah.  Matt won.

I hope so and definitely believe so.

What makes you confident that he has won. I see the articles and hear the media, but they could be telling us anything and then BOOM, Brady and Rodgers were running to the photo finish for MVP.

Freaking liars (the media).

Just now, The Peregrine said:

I hope so and definitely believe so.

What makes you confident that he has won. I see the articles and hear the media, but they could be telling us anything and then BOOM, Brady and Rodgers were running to the photo finish for MVP.

Freaking liars (the media).

See above.

This announcement, coupled with the 1st Team AP QB votes all are indicators Matt won MVP.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Guys, can you believe we live in a world where a Falcon's QB is the league MVP, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, AND we have the NFL Sack Leader up for DPOTY, AND a pair of rookies in the mix for ROTY!?

Not that Beasley nor Jones/Neal will win the awards, but they sure deserve it.

What a world we live in.  Soak it in, these are the good times!

It's a shock to the senses for us longtime fans who have been conditioned to talking about what are the Falcons going to do in free agency, combine stats, and draft picks at this time of the year. A player who didn't have to be traded to another team before winning an MVP? Two All-Rookie defensive players (a third one can be argued in Poole and a fourth in Campbell if he doesn't get hurt)? A DPOTY candidate who led the league in sacks? When was the last time a Falcons player led the league in sacks? And all of them are still playing with a shot at the Super Bowl?!!

Turn off the alarm clock. Don't pinch me. Lay off the sleep timer on my cellphone and TV. Let me continue dreaming...

1 minute ago, ratesforless said:

It's a shock to the senses for us longtime fans who have been conditioned to talking about what are the Falcons going to do in free agency, combine stats, and draft picks at this time of the year. A player who didn't have to be traded to another team before winning an MVP? Two All-Rookie defensive players (a third one can be argued in Poole and a fourth in Campbell if he doesn't get hurt)? A DPOTY candidate who led the league in sacks? When was the last time a Falcons player led the league in sacks? And all of them are still playing with a shot at the Super Bowl?!!

Turn off the alarm clock. Don't pinch me. Lay off the sleep timer on my cellphone and TV. Let me continue dreaming...

I started reading your post and was thinking "Yeah this definitely shortens up the time between the end of the season and the combine" then I continued reading and it just hyped me up for the rest of this season and the direction we're headed in.  

17 hours ago, The Peregrine said:

No. His confidence during the game is going to swing momentum.

Matt in the huddle:  'Alright boys, DrunkOffFalcohol' has went from confident to cocky now. The momentum is in our tides. Let win this thing!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!

Falcons win!!

I salute you Falcohol!!

So by that logic (you infering that my confidence [or lack there of] has no affect on the game) why are we all on these boards so emotionally invested and saying we need to do this, or that, or have pregame rituals. Nothing me or you or anyone does have any impact on the game. My ONLY point is, let's not set ourselves up for dissapointment because nothing is garunteed in the NFL. NOTHING. I love me Falcons more than probably most fans on this board. I was just adding persective.

17 hours ago, The Peregrine said:

No. His confidence during the game is going to swing momentum.

Matt in the huddle:  'Alright boys, DrunkOffFalcohol' has went from confident to cocky now. The momentum is in our tides. Let win this thing!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!

Falcons win!!

I salute you Falcohol!!

So by that logic (you infering that my confidence [or lack there of] has no affect on the game) why are we all on these boards so emotionally invested and saying we need to do this, or that, or have pregame rituals. Nothing me or you or anyone does have any impact on the game. My ONLY point is, let's not set ourselves up for dissapointment because nothing is garunteed in the NFL. NOTHING. I love me Falcons more than probably most fans on this board. I was just adding persective.