Who would replace Shanahan, if he leaves?

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The message board will replace him. We knew more than he did until this season, so we can pick up where he leaves off.

lol. i hear ya on that. i dont post that much because, well, it's just not my thing. BUT, i have been curious about Shanahan's replacement. a lot of people on here seemed to know Quinn was getting hired. so maybe someone on here has some insight. 

4 minutes ago, joefalco said:

This may have already been discussed but i am curious who everyone thinks will get the job. Do we promote from within? any prospects out there? i would think this job would be pretty attractive given the weapons we have. 

Thoughts?

Who knows at this point but Matt Lafleur and Mike McDaniels are names that have been mentioned.

2 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

My friends at The Falcoholic think that current Falcons assistant offensive coach Mike McDaniel will be the man.

That sounds right to me. Promote from within.

There ya go. The playbook is here. And he should know it well. How he calls a game may be a tad different. But as long as we roll that's all that's important.

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Have you researched him? If not I seriously recommend it. He's an impressive dude and he knows this system extremely well.

I'm less worried about losing the system than the intuition and logic employed to make it effective. If/when Shanahan leaves, we're losing his playcalling, not his plays.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm less worried about losing the system than the intuition and logic employed to make it effective. If/when Shanahan leaves, we're losing his playcalling, not his plays.

There's really no way for us to know how the guys playcalling will be but having a guy in the wings who knows the system and who kyle also trusts to do any job in his staff and who also just happens to be a  member of Mensa sn't the worst of positions to be in though.

Edit: I've tried confirming that stuff about Mensa and the study that he supposedly had published in Popular Science but the only place I can find it is on his Wikipedia page and a Falcoholic article. So take it for what it's worth.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Yeah I hear you and I agree with you - Shanny is a gifted playcaller.  I think we underestimate Quinn's influence on the offense though. The aggressive/attacking style of the offense has Quinn written all over it.

I think no matter who takes over at OC, one thing for sure is that Matt Ryan will have more freedom to call plays at the line like he used to. Shanahan is more of a chess player in the way he calls a game. He's calling certain plays in the first half to set up stuff to do in the 4th quarter. I think there will be a bit less of that and more of Matt going to the line and calling plays based on the look he has for that play. 

36 minutes ago, joefalco said:

This may have already been discussed but i am curious who everyone thinks will get the job. Do we promote from within? any prospects out there? i would think this job would be pretty attractive given the weapons we have. 

Thoughts?

Youre right, this has been discussed....at nauseam... for weeks. 

30 minutes ago, capologist said:

He'd probably go with him and be the OC in SF.

I was wondering about that. Thing is...which is the surest path to a head coaching position? If one were thinking ahead.

Stay here with an mvp QB and an offense he runs incredibly well vs go to SF and hope that Kaepernick or his replacement could pick it up and run it well? 

It makes more sense (to me) to stay with the Falcons (assuming he was offered the position). Obviously, we don't know what his circumstances are or what his relationship with the coaching staff is. It's all conjecture. I just know I'd rather coach Matt Ryan than Kaepernick.

1 hour ago, GhostofGritz said:

My friends at The Falcoholic think that current Falcons assistant offensive coach Mike McDaniel will be the man.

That sounds right to me. Promote from within.

What I'm afraid of is Shanny takes all of them with him.  Man I ******* hate the 49ers right now.  ******** could have kept Harbaugh if they wanted a real coach.