Wednesday Practice Reports ATL-GB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WiscoFalcon said:
Atlanta Falcons

Julio Jones (toe) participated in walk through but no practice. Jonathan Babineaux, Taylor Gabriel, Keanu Neal limited - Vaughn McClure

Julio will be out today, Gabriel, Neal & Babineaux will be limited - Kelsey Conway

No reason to fret over Julio not practicing today, Falcons have specific plan for 11 this week - Kelsey Conway

Green Bay Packers
Source: Packers' Jordy Nelson has chance to play vs. Falcons but it's a small one - Rob Demovsky

Morgan Burnett (thigh) will also work with rehab group as well, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. He couldn't finish the Cowboys game. - RD

WR Davante Adams also will work with the rehab group, coach Mike McCarthy said. Adams tweaked his left ankle late against the Cowboys.  - RD

What's the concern level for Packers WR Davante Adams and his left ankle injury? "We'll see," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "I'm curious to see him move. I don't think he'll practice until Saturday." - RD

If that dude has two legitimately broken ribs...and he tries to come out and play tough guy, then I would assign #22 to blast that mofo with all he's got every down until Jordy is in the locker room and someone gets fired on the GB med staff. 

Seriously.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

No way he even sniffs the field this weekend.

I agree. I've had bruised ribs before, and it is painful. His injury is probably more significant than the one I had. That said, it was at least a month, before I got some level of comfort back, where I could just sleep okay at night.

Just now, 4dabirds said:

I agree. I've had bruised ribs before, and it is painful. His injury is probably more significant than the one I had. That said, it was at least a month, before I got some level of comfort back, where I could just sleep okay at night.

Exactly, I've had bruised ribs, but nothing close to that hit and I couldn't breathe comfortably or sleep for weeks. I can't imagine taking another hit of any force on those ribs this soon. It would be unbearable.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Allison just showed up on the injury report as well with a hammy.  I'm sure he plays, but that's 3 of their top 4 wr's hobbled in some manner.

Of course, Gabriel and Julio are on the injury report as well for us...

It's crazy how injury-hobbled this team has been this year. Allison was promoted off the PS a couple months ago. 

Adams, Davante WR Ankle DNP - - -
Allison, Geronimo WR Hamstring DNP - - -
Burnett, Morgan S Quadricep DNP - - -
Crosby, Mason K Illness DNP - - -
Elliott, Jayrone LB Hand FP - - -
Janis, Jeff WR Quadricep LP - - -
Lang, T.J. G Foot LP - - -
Matthews, Clay LB Shoulder FP - - -
Nelson, Jordy WR Ribs LP - - -
Peppers, Julius LB Not Injury Related DNP - - -
Perry, Nick LB Hand FP - - -
Rollins, Quinten CB Neck/Concussion LP - - -
Starks, James RB Concussion DNP - - -
Tretter, JC C/G Knee DNP - -

Rehab team usually means that ur not playing but getting ready for the next few weeks. Usually banged up players who are going to play get limited practices in

And I think there is a good chance Adams sits, rewatched the game and he did come back in but could barely put any weight on it, I'm sure it swelled up pretty bad. 

Edited by Califalcon88
8 hours ago, shock said:

SATURDAY?!?! This dude isn't practicing till Saturday.... Their team has played 16 straight games and is beat the heck up. We need to dominate them. Show the league some half *** team with one guy trying to carry it all on his back is not anywhere near enough to give our defense trouble. Fcking crush them.

Green Bay is actually loaded. Very similar team to us. Excellent pass blocking line. Weapons in Cobb, Adams, Cook, and montgomery. Only difference is our defense might be slightly better this time of year.