Wednesday Practice Reports ATL-GB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, athell said:

This is the big one.  This is the one bright spot in an otherwise cold and dark secondary for them.

Burnett is important, but HaHa Clinton-Dix probably had the best year.  He made the Pro Bowl and second team All-Pro.  

For what its worth, HHCD also has a history of showing up in this game.  He had two picks in that heartbreaking loss to Seattle two years ago.  

We're fine at safety.  CB is where we are weak and thin.  

My thoughts on the situation (read: prediction)?  Everyone will play except Nelson.  Sounds like the Packers will even get Rollins back.  

McCarthy is giving anyone that is banged up time to heal.  It's more important for them to get as healthy as possible than to participate in practices throughout the week.  If you count preseason, these guys have played 22 football games this season.  At this point, health >>> being on the practice field

12 minutes ago, barrister said:

Burnett is important, but HaHa Clinton-Dix probably had the best year.  He made the Pro Bowl and second team All-Pro.  

For what its worth, HHCD also has a history of showing up in this game.  He had two picks in that heartbreaking loss to Seattle two years ago.  

We're fine at safety.  CB is where we are weak and thin.  

Forgot about HHCD, tbh.  Good point.

I take all this with a grain of salt. 1 they want us to gameplan without them. and second players know getting deep in the playoffs is not guaranteed, especially a chance for the SB. They will do any and everything to get in the game. Im hoping jordy gets in and neal gives em the blow he gave Evans on the sideline.. 

10 minutes ago, barrister said:

My thoughts on the situation (read: prediction)?  Everyone will play except Nelson.  Sounds like the Packers will even get Rollins back.  

McCarthy is giving anyone that is banged up time to heal.  It's more important for them to get as healthy as possible than to participate in practices throughout the week.  If you count preseason, these guys have played 22 football games this season.  At this point, health >>> being on the practice field

Yeah, I feel like for all teams left -- if playing isn't going to create larger, long term issues or if your leg/arm/hand isn't completely severed, they'll play.

Jordy Nelson (ribs) watched practice but did not participate, and Davante Adams (ankle) was not seen in the Hutson Center. Neither was Geronimo Allison.

Add WR Geronimo Allison to the Packers' injury list. He wasn't at practice and will be added to the injury report. Injury not immediately known. It was a skeleton group of receivers on the field Wednesday.

cornerback Quinten Rollins (concussion) is expected to increase his workload in practice this week and could be cleared.

The Packers also got good news on starting tackles Bryan Bulaga and David Bakhtiari. Both were hobbling around by the end of the Cowboys game, but McCarthy said he expected them to practice in a limited fashion.

28 minutes ago, barrister said:

I agree, everyone but Nelson... however, I think Adams and the DB with the quad injury will be cobbled in the game due to the injuries... which may actually work out better for us.  

9 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Jordy Nelson (ribs) watched practice but did not participate, and Davante Adams (ankle) was not seen in the Hutson Center. Neither was Geronimo Allison.

Add WR Geronimo Allison to the Packers' injury list. He wasn't at practice and will be added to the injury report. Injury not immediately known. It was a skeleton group of receivers on the field Wednesday.

Those guys better ice up

Another point... Packers are beat up and weary.  They have played a lot of games and even if you're not on the injury report, everyone on that team is dinged up to some extent.  

It's not a huge advantage, but we got 1 extra day since we played early saturday (and at home) and they played late Sunday (and away).  Now they have to rehab, install a game plan and travel.