Matt Ryan named PFWA NFL MVP and OPOY

Just now, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

From the Falcons Facebook:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fatlantafalcons%2Fposts%2F10154411253487842%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="634" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Thanks

I know many of my Falcons brethren will say nothing matters but the Lombardi and while I agree that losing this weekend or in the Superbowl would be a dissapointment, I am so proud of our team and it starts with MVP Matt Ryan.

It has been fun to root with you all this year and I'll never forget it even if we don't win it all.

2 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Speaking of which, they're down to 3.3 stars on Facebook, from 4.7, lmao

How dumb do you have to be to pull something like this in the heart of the city? I really hope someone is organizing something to ruin their pep rally... in a diplomatic way of course :ninja:

20 minutes ago, wizeone said:

This was not THE "Most Valuable Player" award was it? I thought that wasn't going to be announced until the Saturday night before the Super Bowl?

It  is and it isnt. 

Long story short the AP and PFWA both wanted to give out MVP awards,  and so they do, but they're made up of mostly the same voters. The telling sign is typically whichever QB wins AP First Team All Pro wins MVP. Winning the PFWA MVP is just more icing in the cake. 

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Right. This is not the NFL's official MVP which will be announced next week. The NFL recognizes the AP's award as it's official award.

Yep. 

And since the AP does the all pro team too,  the 1st team QB is the AP MVP most of the time,  rare exceptions for RBs and other skill positions, sometimes.