With shannahan most likely taking 49er job

I don't see Shanahan losing focus! He's a professional. He'll finish his job and moved on.

It's not like we are 3-12 and he's trying to get out of town as fast as possible! We are one game away from the Super Bowl!!!

KS has bonded with these dudes and I'm sure he feels like we can win the entire thing!

And I believe that Matt Ryan and the boys will be MORE focused to execute the game plan and send KS off the right way!

i feel bad for him if he takes that job, that place is a hot mess and honestly, i think he will fail out there, they have no team, no discipline, their QB sucks and he is more worried about his drama then learning to play football, defense is not good anymore, this would be a nightmare come true if he takes that job.....  

I thought he was supposed to be distracted LAST week.

I'm not even convinced he will take that job. He will have worked for three of the worst ownerships in the NFL. Not sure why he'd go for that again after all the garbage he went through trying to talk sense into the Browns and Redskins.

36 minutes ago, Falconjerome said:

i feel bad for him if he takes that job, that place is a hot mess and honestly, i think he will fail out there, they have no team, no discipline, their QB sucks and he is more worried about his drama then learning to play football, defense is not good anymore, this would be a nightmare come true if he takes that job.....  

Why?  It wasn't long ago that the 49ers broke the Falcons heart twice.  Shanahan has a unique opportunity to inherit a team he can create from the ground up.  Including entering with a new GM who will share his values, almost $100 million dollars in cap space, and the #2 overall pick in the draft.  Add a pass rusher / LB / NT / WR and the team isn't that far off from being at least .500 again.

Poe / Cousins / Timmons - Draft picks, culture, historic franchise, coaching staff, he gets to choose all of it.  Not as gloomy a job as it seems.  Although I love how so many of you are trying to convince yourselves as much as possible that he's not leaving Atlanta.  As a 49er fan, makes me feel like he would do a good job.

5 minutes ago, Stanimal said:

Why?  It wasn't long ago that the 49ers broke the Falcons heart twice.  Shanahan has a unique opportunity to inherit a team he can create from the ground up.  Including entering with a new GM who will share his values, almost $100 million dollars in cap space, and the #2 overall pick in the draft.  Add a pass rusher / LB / NT / WR and the team isn't that far off from being at least .500 again.

Poe / Cousins / Timmons - Draft picks, culture, historic franchise, coaching staff, he gets to choose all of it.  Not as gloomy a job as it seems.  Although I love how so many of you are trying to convince yourselves as much as possible that he's not leaving Atlanta.  As a 49er fan, makes me feel like he would do a good job.

It's about leadership. If he and the GM are allowed to build the team they want than it could be okay. If it turns out like the 49ers from 2002-2016 where they had 5 different head coaches and only 3 winning seasons than it doesn't matter. 

To think that franchise had a run from 1980-2002 where they dominated with 5 super bowl championships and a handful of losing seasons.

18 minutes ago, Stanimal said:

And no QB and and INSANE cost of living.

Why wouldn't he want to take his family somewhere where the average cost of a house costs over a million dollars and he'd be considered upper middle class making a multi-million dollar salary?

3 hours ago, Falconjerome said:

Not sure about feeling bad for someone volunteering to take a position of any kind.

3 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

My biggest fear with Shanahan leaving is that he takes Taylor Gabriel with him.   I really want to see us lock him up with a multi-year deal. But I'm afraid he won't be up if he thinks he can follow Shanahan to San Fran.

I believe that Gabriel is a RFA.  So unless Shanny is willing to part with draft picks, he's not getting him.

4 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

My biggest fear with Shanahan leaving is that he takes Taylor Gabriel with him.   I really want to see us lock him up with a multi-year deal. But I'm afraid he won't be up if he thinks he can follow Shanahan to San Fran.

Why would he not be up to it? He clearly has shown that he loves it here and has infinite amount of fan support... he couldn't have a better role in an offense. He's a RFA and will get a 1st rd or 2nd rd tender on him. Everyone is losing their collective minds.. last time I checked dan Quinn was our Hc and will have a plan in place.