Jump to content

Shanny is as good as gone.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Shanahan losing focus! He's a professional. He'll finish his job and then move on.

It's not like we are 3-12 and he's trying to get out of town as fast as possible! We are one game away from the Super Bowl!!!

KS has bonded with these dudes and I'm sure he feels like we can win the entire thing!

And I believe that Matt Ryan and the boys will be MORE focused to execute the game plan and send KS off the right way!

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's actually pretty disappointing if that turns out to be the case.  I think the turnaround we've witnessed on offense is simply incredible.  What's even better is that it's all actually sustainable. We're just going to need other hungry coaches to step up to the plate.  It happens all the time so there's no reason to think it can't happen here. 

Kyle deserves the chance to run his own show and honestly I expect him to be good at it. Despite Kyle leaving  I'm even more concerned about how many of our staff members he would poach.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

I don't see Shanahan losing focus! He's a professional. He'll finish his job and then move on.

It's not like we are 3-12 and he's trying to get out of town as fast as possible! We are one game away from the Super Bowl!!!

KS has bonded with these dudes and I'm sure he feels like we can win the entire thing!

And I believe that Matt Ryan and the boys will be MORE focused to execute the game plan and send KS off the right way!

The thing is I can't see him as the type to let some interested team distract him and get caught romanticizing over his future as top dog. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

OK so it is but we got bigger fish to fry. I hope all this Shanny stuff doesn't sidetrack the FO or Shanny. We gotta get this thing while we have an opportunity!!!

Exactly.  This is whats pissing me off.  We get something we've never had and that **** organization that has fired coaches every year is screwing it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Exactly.  This is whats pissing me off.  We get something we've never had and that **** organization that has fired coaches every year is screwing it up. 

Don't get mad at them. KS doesn't have to take the job. He's been at horrible organizations before (with his Dad none the less) so I figured he would for sure want to steer clear of that place out west. But if he wants to go....to each their own.

Matt is a good QB and offense has never been our issue, even with other OC's Matt's put up good numbers. If anything I'd say Matt is a HC creator. Every one of his former OC's is now a HC (and 1 soon to be).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Exactly.  This is whats pissing me off.  We get something we've never had and that **** organization that has fired coaches every year is screwing it up. 

No one is screwing anything up.  This is what happens in the NFL year after year and why the rules are in place.  I'm with AFD, I don't see this being a distraction.  With the way this team is, I actually wonder if it drives them more to send him off with a ring.

It's so funny to me some of these reactions.  Most of the people on this board wanted Shanny gone after the preseason and now everyone is freaking out that he is leaving lol.  Not you specifically, mind you.

Good luck Shanny!   Tho I am holding on to hope that he drags this out past the SB and then tells them no :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he's smarter than that. I totally understand there is only 32 HC jobs in the NFL and his desire to be one of them, but seriously. Just look at the recent history there. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years. That shows ownership is not willing to be patient . Kyle knows his system takes more than a year to get right , it's been proven here in ATL.

And it's not like San Fran has a Ryan, Julio, Freeman or anything close to start building off of. If he is smart and I think he is, he will turn down that Job, stay here another year and hope a much more attractive job is available next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, clownorg said:

I hope he's smarter than that. I totally understand there is only 32 HC jobs in the NFL and his desire to be one of them, but seriously. Just look at the recent history there. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years. That shows ownership is not willing to be patient . Kyle knows his system takes more than a year to get right , it's been proven here in ATL.

And it's not like San Fran has a Ryan, Julio, Freeman or anything close to start building off of. If he is smart and I think he is, he will turn down that Job, stay here another year and hope a much more attractive job is available next year.

You don't think ownership can learn? Different situation, but Falcons also had 3 HC's in 3 years. Blank had to learn that football is a different kind of business too, as in a lot of ways he was a big part of the problem at one time too. 

We were in every bit if not worse clusterfuk situation in 2007, brought in a new GM and HC, drafted a franchise QB, and we were off to the races. Shanny and his new GM probably won't have such immediate success, but if owner will let them, they can build something special in SF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I am not 100% sure he takes the job. That place is a complete **** show. He has to start from Zero. That is a true and total rebuild from scratch. Who says he doesn't wait until next year for the Colts or Texans. It is true they don't have a GM yet either and I think that relationship is pretty important.

Coaches cant think like that in the NFL. Colts and Texans might go on a tear next year. Heaven forbid, Matt Ryan could break his neck and our offense goes to ****, then no one will want to hire him. You've got to take the best opportunity that comes available.

If Kap stays, he could do wonders with him, and they have a great RB. He will have that team turned around in 2 or 3 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...