Rise Up, What does that mean to You?

MACK4ttACK

We've had numerous discussions about the phrase since it's inception, the Snakes on a Plan guy commercials, Mike Smith and choirs... now Dan Quinn's org.
I've been thinking more and more about the phrase, at first when it came out, cringing at its cheesiness, Lately redefining it and asking myself what it means and can mean.

One certain thing... Rise Up has so much more meaning when you are ACTUALLY RISING, up from the 2013, 2014 seasons... up from whatever something small or big--rising is a direction of forwards, upwards and not downwards, not backwards and not reverse.

We're now 1 win away from a place many of us believed we could reach, if only we left the failures of the past as just starting points and rose high enough, used the failures to measure the success we see today, and at this elevation we can be thankful for so much.

I know Dan Quinn has brought a new culture to the ATL, brotherhood, fast and physical, competition, but the Falcons are still our Falcons... the Falcons that may as well be called Phoenix's by the MSM in just a few weeks...
Now that we're here, or very close to it, what does Rise Up mean to you?

W6QIuxe.jpg

But on a serious note. Rise up to me embodies a lot of Quinn's vision. Like he said about ryan. Once you've reached a place of being very good how do you take a step and break through that ceiling to the next. It takes focus and dedication to do such things. All in all rise up is just another way of asking if you're up to the task at hand.. if you ain't well you sure as **** better find a way to be. 

To me it means a lot of things. The official City of Atlanta seal is an image of the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Maybe some people aren't aware that Atlanta was burned to the ground at the end of the Civil War. I imagine most know that I guess. But there aren't any 200-300 year old buildings around here like in areas of New England.

It also has connotations to the Civil Rights movement, for which Atlanta became ground zero because of Dr. King. The concept of rising up from oppression after being beaten down, literally and figuratively, for so long. To me that's equally part of it.

And finally it relates directly to our Falcons. There wasn't a lot of succees for this franchise for the first 35 years. Scattered unsuccessful playoff appearances followed by horrendous seasons. Beaten down in the division repeatedly by the Rams in the 70s and the 49ers in the 80s. Not a single back to back winning season till Smitty took over. No real consistent success until Blank bought the team. It's long been time to put an end to that.

I don't think it's cheesy at all. I think it's a great slogan that really resonates with the city and the team. Ive lived here since I was 7 and it resonates with me. But we've got to FINISH.

THIS IS THE YEAR.

To me it is so many things....rising above all other teams, rising above all those seasons that weren't finished strong enough to matter, rising up above lackluster props..if any..and the BS most of the NFL thinks of this team and this city as a whole gets and proving them all wrong. 

Time to do it for this city, us the fans and do it for the Dome.  That's rising up.

6 hours ago, MACK4ttACK said:

We've had numerous discussions about the phrase since it's inception, the Snakes on a Plan guy commercials, Mike Smith and choirs... now Dan Quinn's org.
I've been thinking more and more about the phrase, at first when it came out, cringing at its cheesiness, Lately redefining it and asking myself what it means and can mean

W6QIuxe.jpg

I am not just the Snakes on the Plane guy! 

Don't make me start reading Bible Versus Mutha F@cka! And you better not be from the Country "what"! 

hqdefault.jpg

Rise Up, What does that mean to You?

shawshank-red-parole.png

Rise Up?  Well, now, let me see.  You know, I don't have any idea what that means.   To me, it's just a made up phrase, an advertising phrase, so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job.  

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND!!!!!!  

shawshank1.jpg?w=800

Edited by The Great American

6 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

To me it means a lot of things. The official City of Atlanta seal is an image of the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Maybe some people aren't aware that Atlanta was burned to the ground at the end of the Civil War. I imagine most know that I guess. But there aren't any 200-300 year old buildings around here like in areas of New England.

It also has connotations to the Civil Rights movement, for which Atlanta became ground zero because of Dr. King. The concept of rising up from oppression after being beaten down, literally and figuratively, for so long. To me that's equally part of it.

And finally it relates directly to our Falcons. There wasn't a lot of succees for this franchise for the first 35 years. Scattered unsuccessful playoff appearances followed by horrendous seasons. Beaten down in the division repeatedly by the Rams in the 70s and the 49ers in the 80s. Not a single back to back winning season till Smitty took over. No real consistent success until Blank bought the team. It's long been time to put an end to that.

I don't think it's cheesy at all. I think it's a great slogan that really resonates with the city and the team. Ive lived here since I was 7 and it resonates with me. But we've got to FINISH.

THIS IS THE YEAR.

******* right

Honestly, to me, Rise Up is the past.  We had things that were holding us back.  We have risen.  We are now a brotherhood.  Others will try to knock us down, but there's no doubt in my mind that we are flying high.  

That doesn't mean we won't lose games, because we will.  It means that I believe we can beat anyone, and the time has come where those other teams should be intimidated by us.  Rise up was our slogan for getting us over the hump where we would play scared against the strength of opposing teams like the Giants defense and the Packers offense.