Timing is everything.  If this were done around the first time we played the Packers I wouldn't even care that much..  But the championship game, the day before?  Stupid.  I'll never go there again.  Dead to me.  I hope radio stations, bands, other events, etc go elsewhere moving forward.  Rise up!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jesus said:

I live in Chicago and there is no love lost here for the Packers believe me, but there are many Packers bars in the city (covered in Packers flags and crap) and they do just fine.

There are a ton of WI transplants in Chicago though. Close proximity + massive population center = a bigger mix of conflicting fan bases. 

I wont spend another dollar there thats for **** sure. Done. Sometimes a dollar tomorrow is worth more than a dollar today. If this were the Packers vs. Seattle its one thing but this is the Packers vs. the home team for a chance to play in the super bowl. What a slap in the face to all Atlanta fans. Lots of bars in Atlanta. 

Rise up against the Pack Tavern!

10 hours ago, Jesus said:

I live in Chicago and there is no love lost here for the Packers believe me, but there are many Packers bars in the city (covered in Packers flags and crap) and they do just fine.

There is a big difference in being a packers bar (I can guarantee you there are a few in ATL) that shows every game the Packers play all year long... and hosting a packers event before this game...

And being a bar that hops on a quick event / money maker for a visiting team when you haven't shown any allegiance to that team at any point in the past...

I think that is the rub... Why randomly support the visiting team and not the home team...  

9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I was at that game and remember it VIVIDLY!! I asked the folks giving them out, what the **** are y'all doing!!? 

Haven't bought that fish wrap since!

The day was Sunday, December 9, 2001. In less than a good mood I walked out of the Georgia Dome and saw the AJC had their toadies outside the Georgia Dome selling those posters proclaiming the New Orleans Saints the 10-28 victors. For one brief moment I wanted to assault the blond-headed little b***** who asked me if I wanted to buy one (for $1.00, I remember.) The AJC should have been burned to the ground!

41 minutes ago, Falcon Freddie said:

The day was Sunday, December 9, 2001. In less than a good mood I walked out of the Georgia Dome and saw the AJC had their toadies outside the Georgia Dome selling those posters proclaiming the New Orleans Saints the 10-28 victors. For one brief moment I wanted to assault the blond-headed little b***** who asked me if I wanted to buy one (for $1.00, I remember.) The AJC should have been burned to the ground!

Yepper, you may have been walking out beside me because I told them the same thing!

and on their twit page(Park Tavern), folks are defending them saying a few sports fans should get over themselves about this. 

Wow...how can any business owner be so insanely  stupid? I have no idea how anyone could stay in business for a month being that stupid, ignorant, and blind...and not recognizing  they are essentially spitting in the face of their customers. I have seen and heard some dumb business moves before but this has to be one of the worst.

Sorry, but I just don't understand the vitriol against the Park Tavern here. You guys do realize that the teams will win or lose regardless of whether or not their fans enjoy themselves? I constantly hear about how Falcons fans are treated badly when they visit another stadium, and how this makes other team's fans stupid a-holes. I don't see what is wrong with treating visiting fans the way that you would want to be treated when you are the road-team. The best outcome is that Packers fans have their pep-rally, enjoy themselves enough that they would want to come back in the future, and go home with their team losing. 

...and posting negative reviews about a restaurant where you have not been a customer is totally acting like an immature *********.

2 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

Sorry, but I just don't understand the vitriol against the Park Tavern here. You guys do realize that the teams will win or lose regardless of whether or not their fans enjoy themselves? I constantly hear about how Falcons fans are treated badly when they visit another stadium, and how this makes other team's fans stupid a-holes. I don't see what is wrong with treating visiting fans the way that you would want to be treated when you are the road-team. The best outcome is that Packers fans have their pep-rally, enjoy themselves enough that they would want to come back in the future, and go home with their team losing. 

...and posting negative reviews about a restaurant where you have not been a customer is totally acting like an immature *********.

I dont see anyone taking anything out on the opposing fans.  Has anyone else seen that in this thread? If you are not intelligent enough to follow along, don't interject yourself into the conversation.

Edited by Clark
1 hour ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Forgot about that.  When we first moved to California we got the AJC delivered out here, however that paper wen't downhill and I think by this point the subscription had been cancelled.  That paper is a rag now and has been for at least two decades.

For the sake of their business, they'd better pray for a Falcons victory on Sunday. In our euphoria, we might (emphasis on the word 'might') allow them to make up for it over time. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes come Monday morning.

Talk about being penny wise and pound foolish. In the haste to get a quick buck from transient Saint...err...Packer fans, they alienated an entire city who supported them for years? I'll bet that if the NFC Title game was held in Green Bay, you wouldn't see one of their most popular bars staging a Falcons rally with Rich McKay being the keynote speaker. You darn sure won't see a Steelers pep rally being held in a frequented bar in Boston this week; you can bank on that. That place would have 'For Lease' signs plastered to the windows the day after the announcement.

And you know how this is going to play with the national media folks who already hate our city to begin with. Wilbon and Kornheiser probably already have an interview booked with Park Tavern's GM on PTI so they can get another chance to take cheap shots at our town. So be prepared...

13 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

From your post history you don't understand a lot about a lot of things. And nobody treats other fans badly at the dome. It's everybody in atlantas right to tell them to go **** themselves if they want. 

Nobody is saying treat packer fans bad. Hold a ******* pep rally for them? **** right off ******* ******.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969
9 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

It's the last game in the Georgia Dome, and it's the NFC Championship game. You're supporting another fan base and team when your home team and city desperately craves a super bowl berth. No one wants the Packer fans and have every right to be pissed off about this crap. No one is going to go out and be mean to packer fans, it's the establishments decision to let them come that we hate.

14 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

I'm not sure where you can't see how a bar that hasn't held a single event for Falcon fans this year is being viewed in a negative light for holding a Packers fan pep rally. Now I'm not going to go leave a review or anything like that myself but I have to admit I love seeing the passion out of Falcons fans.

12 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

I'm not sure where you can't see how a bar that hasn't held a single event for Falcon fans this year is being viewed in a negative light for holding a Packers fan pep rally. Now I'm not going to go leave a review or anything like that myself but I have to admit I love seeing the passion out of Falcons fans.

Keep in mind this is the PSL shill that was on here last year.