• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

“We want to take a moment to address the ongoing commentary regarding the Packers Pep Rally on Saturday. First and foremost, we are and have always been Falcons fans and are rooting for them to make it to the Super Bowl. While it was not our intent to offend any Falcons fans, we realize that we did with our choice to host this event and apologize. We take pride in being one of Atlanta’s largest event venues, hosting more than 500 diverse events each year and welcoming both locals and visitors alike to rent our facility. As one of the greatest cities filled with people from across the country, we strive to be reflective of what makes Atlanta unique and look forward to continuing to be a part of our incredible community.”

Of course they are rooting for them to make the Superbowl.  They can host a Steelers or Patriots party too!

6 hours ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

Wow...how can any business owner be so insanely  stupid? I have no idea how anyone could stay in business for a month being that stupid, ignorant, and blind...and not recognizing  they are essentially spitting in the face of their customers. I have seen and heard some dumb business moves before but this has to be one of the worst.

News bulletin: in my experience, most "Sports Bars" are run by people who generally know nothing about sports. I suspect the owners/managers of Park Tavern probably don't realize that a football is pointed. However, they probably heard that there was going to be an influx of Packer fans in town this Saturday, so why not set up a sign and get the suckers ... uh, fans in to buy some cheap beer? Nevermind how such opportunism may look like treason to the local fans who are themselves red-hot about this game.

Just now, Falcon Freddie said:

News bulletin: in my experience, most "Sports Bars" are run by people who generally know nothing about sports. I suspect the owners/managers of Park Tavern probably don't realize that a football is pointed. However, they probably heard that there was going to be an influx of Packer fans in town this Saturday, so why not set up a sign and get the suckers ... uh, fans in to buy some cheap beer? Nevermind how such opportunism may look like treason to the local fans who are themselves red-hot about this game.

A thread was posted about this yesterday and I debated with a few friends about crashing it, but we did some research and found out that someone put up their money to rent the space, so we decided against it.  If Park Tavern was throwing the party then we were all for it.  All in good fun mind you, we weren't planning on walking in and starting a bunch of crap with people.  Just razzing Packers fans and smack talk.  If someone puts up their own money on the other hand to host an event crashing it is just rude.  Hard work went into earning that money and they deserve to be able to put on their event in peace.  

Still though, Park Tavern is dead to me.  I won't go in there and I won't spend money there.  They are a business and could have said no even if their only reasons were the optics of it.  Then they decided to post it on their social media accounts to double down.  You're a business and should know how your bread gets buttered.  

4 hours ago, FalconFanForLife said:

Welcome to our sad reality of living here in Atlanta and watching so many people sporting gear from any other NFL team NOT named the Atlanta Falcons.  I tell you it breaks your heart to just travel around this city and see so many transplanted fans from other cities.  Then to listen to the crap from the media about how low our fan support is in Atlanta just drives the knife deeper.

Even myself: when I moved here in 1980 after 2 tours in the Corps with my young bride to start a career and family , I brought my love for the Packers and Cowboys with me.  I think I only fell in love with the Falcons because I had not really seen any "live" NFL games for those entire 8 years,  That year as we all know the Falcons almost made it to the SB, only losing to the Cowboys in a come from behind victory in the 2nd half.

That is the other thing so special about this year.  The few seasons of success since then are years we can add to this fanbase.  I am sporting every single piece of Falcons gear I own everywhere I go.  I do see more fans sporting gear than ever before, but we will always be a transplant city where many of the NFL fans in a city that really favors College football bring their allegiances to the team they grew up with before they got that transfer to Atlanta.

I am absolutely certain that Atlanta is the most diverse city in the US by far, and I mean diverse in every way that term can be defined.  Maybe some other Marine or service member got their discharge and moved here during this magical season and will become hooked on the Falcons as I did.  I only hope the future is much brighter than the misery most seasons here have been since that time.

I sill see Mike Kenn occassionally at one of the Home Depots here, and every time I just shake my head at how sad it must have been to play so hard for so long for such a miserable organization as the Falcons were during that time.  I doubt the youngsters playing for us now fully realize how much their success means to so many of us who have longed for this since before most of them were even born.

I think I am even gonna break out the Old No, 7 jersey from the mothballs.  Even he is part of the story that got us here.  

Well said, Marine. And yes, a real shame Mike Kenn couldn't be still playing and be part of this moment.