D.B.N.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, YoungSaudi said:

Lol. He'll be ok. This team will become a distant memory if he becomes head coach of the 9ers.

If he didn't have any self respect he wouldn't be on the list for HC candidacies anyway.  He didn't get to where he is taking his job lightly.

You're worrying about nothing.  Dan Quinn didn't tank the Seahawks in the Super Bowl the year before we hired him.  Shanahan isn't going to tank this team either.  We're fine.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

No way he takes it...he has nothing to gain. Why would he leave a rising NFL superstud team and play for duds!! Theres a reason why nobody wants to take the job.

Is this a serious question?

He has nothing to gain.

Other than millions of dollars.

Say in GM, staff and personnel.

Being 1 of 32 people on the planet that can say they hold the position of NFL Head Coach.

A life long dream come true.

But yeah, you are right.  He has nothing to gain.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

SF would offer the job to just about anybody willing to accept that this point.

There's a reason why they are the last team left to hire a coach and it's not because they were 'waiting'

how absolutely hilarious would it be if they 'wait' and he says no thanks. Then anyone and everyone else would know they're not the first choice.....

I hope he doesn't leave, but think that if he does, and doesn't raid the staff, there's someone here who can step up

He's gonna turn Carlos Hyde into a beast.

49ers offensive line isn't bad either, they're not that far off. With Shanahan calling the plays, they're a Mike Williams and a 2nd round QB away from having a decent offense.

If they manage to land Mike Williams and Watson, I wouldn't be surprised if the 9ers broke .500. 

Schaub had his best season under Shanahan

RG3 had his only good season under Shanahan

Ryan had his best season under Shanahan.

Being a rookie QB and learning Kyle's west coast offense is a blessing. I hope he knocks it out of the park there. It won't be easy, but Shanahan is one of the best X's and O's guys there are in the NFL.

I don't see Shanahan losing focus! He's a professional. He'll finish his job and moved on.

It's not like we are 3-12 and he's trying to get out of town as fast as possible! We are one game away from the Super Bowl!!!

KS has bonded with these dudes and I'm sure he feels like we can win the entire thing!

And I believe that Matt Ryan and the boys will be MORE focused to execute the game plan and send KS off the right way!

8 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

None of the above -- Mike Shannahan 

I can see why people say that, but I don't see it happening. You see how the whole nepotism thing is playing out in the media in regards to current politics. The moment that team experienced any degree of adversity, the fans would burn down the stadium over that relationship. 

Well we know what this means; if we don't get it done this year, it'll be another few years before we reach this level of offensive performance again. Matt Ryan will spend the next two years learning yet another offense, and by the time he masters it, he'll be **** near 35! So it's basically now or never for this group of Falcons.

16 minutes ago, wizeone said:

Well we know what this means; if we don't get it done this year, it'll be another few years before we reach this level of offensive performance again. Matt Ryan will spend the next two years learning yet another offense, and by the time he masters it, he'll be **** near 35! So it's basically now or never for this group of Falcons.

That's not at all what this means

11 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Why would he leave a rising NFL superstud team and play for duds!! 

Because it pays a lot more, comes with more prestige, fulfills a lifelong dream, and ridiculously few of these opportunities are available any given year?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by BrockSamson

37 minutes ago, wizeone said:

Well, first you should always have a "now or never attitude" as nothing is guaranteed about future opportunities. 

But KS is not the head coach of the Falcons. Dan Quinn is, and will remain the architect of where this team goes in the future. 

45 minutes ago, wizeone said:

Why would they change the scheme? There's two assistants on the staff that have worked with KS for years, one of them will run the same offense next year.

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

Why would they change the scheme? There's two assistants on the staff that have worked with KS for years, one of them will run the same offense next year.

Okay, well lets hope KS doesn't take all those assistants with him to his new gig. I'd like to be positive about him leaving, but I'd much rather he stay for one more year no matter how this year ends.

This is KS's offensive plan, and although DQ will remain the head coach I think we all know he comes from the defensive side of the ball. We will have to replace KS with somebody, and all I know is that it will not be the architect of this offense. Hopefully it will be one of the assistants though, so maybe they could keep the same signals and language that they've all learned over the past two years.

But that's next season, let's stay up for this week's contest! #RISEUP

Edited by wizeone

4 minutes ago, wizeone said:

Okay, well lets hope KS doesn't take all those assistants with him to his new gig. I'd like to be positive about him leaving, but I'd much rather he stay for one more year no matter how this year ends.

This is KS's offensive plan, and although DQ will remain the head coach I think we all know he comes from the defensive side of the ball. We will have to replace KS with somebody, and all I know is that it will not be the architect of the offense. Hopefully it will be one of the assistants though, so maybe they could keep the same signals and language that they've all learned over the past two years.

But that's next season, let's stay up for this week's contest! #RISEUP

Falcons can block coaches from leaving except for a HC job. One of the two assistants will be here.