D. J. Shockly Film Session

Tim Mazetti

That touchdown pass to Coleman was the one I wanted to break down.  Ughh!!!

Man, the design on that play was just gorgeous.  There's nothing that defense really could have done.  He highlighted that defensive back as following the post too far, but if the Seahawks were in match coverage, that's what he was supposed to do.

There's just no defense for that, and it's a real nod to Kyle.  I don't think I've seen that play all season, and the design with the running back running a corner route out of that is so unique.  There are just so many wrinkles to this offense, it's like they go in each with the answers to the test.

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Good video Tim......this week has been slow...I'm ready for game day....I feel like I'm about to explode. ...

Thanks.

This is going to be a great time (Game.) in Falcons' history.

I'm trying to slow things down, man. This time of our Championship season has gone fast enough. I want to savor this moment.

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Thanks.

This is going to be a great time (Game.) in Falcons' history.

I'm trying to slow things down, man. This time of our Championship season has gone fast enough. I want to savor this moment.

Yeah....I see what you're saying. ..let me slow down too then....control my anxiety. ..and savor the moment

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Yeah....I see what you're saying. ..let me slow down too then....control my anxiety. ..and savor the moment

Don't be anxious, this is fun!

I am old. Time flashes by.

Vortex, for Heaven's sake.

This will be such a celebratory forum after they win the SB.

54 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

That touchdown pass to Coleman was the one I wanted to break down.  Ughh!!!

Man, the design on that play was just gorgeous.  There's nothing that defense really could have done.  He highlighted that defensive back as following the post too far, but if the Seahawks were in match coverage, that's what he was supposed to do.

There's just no defense for that, and it's a real nod to Kyle.  I don't think I've seen that play all season, and the design with the running back running a corner route out of that is so unique.  There are just so many wrinkles to this offense, it's like they go in each with the answers to the test.

The post here also acts as a clearing route...just brilliant multi faceted design.  He is playing chess at this point and is playing 2-3 moves ahead.

It looks like a variation of Switch Verticals - good Cover 3 buster. Same idea, to attack the deep 1/3 defender by using the first vertical as a distraction. There are a bunch of concepts that bust Cover3. The genius behind any good design is disguising the concept via formation and personnel. Using the RB to run the second vertical is the cool part about that play. Attacking the CB not named Sherman is the other nice part - exploiting a weakness.

He clearly stole this from his dad's playbook:

IMG_0191.JPG

Edited by Falconsin2012

39 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:
It looks like a variation of Switch Verticals - good Cover 3 buster. Same idea, to attack the deep 1/3 defender by using the first vertical as a distraction. There are a bunch of concepts that bust Cover3. The genius behind any good design is disguising the concept via formation and personnel. Using the RB to run the second vertical is the cool part about that play. Attacking the CB not named Sherman is the other nice part - exploiting a weakness.

He clearly stole this from his dad's playbook:

IMG_0191.JPG

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Scissors is a pretty common concept but you never see the running back out of the backfield involved. At best you might see a wheel route but he's basically a wide receiver here.

If you're the corner playing the deep 1/3 you wouldn't even think to look for the running back in that concept.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Scissors is a pretty common concept but you never see the running back out of the backfield involved. At best you might see a wheel route but he's basically a wide receiver here.

If you're the corner playing the deep 1/3 you wouldn't even think to look for the running back in that concept.

It's genius.  And it most definitely was a new wrinkle we added last week.