Who's gonna be the new oc

texasfalconfan

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

Shanahan is as good as gone. I know that when you change systems/coordinators there is a learning process involved. With that said who could we make the new oc that would keep the system similar so we have to make the least amount of adjustment?

We'll worry about that in February

2 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Shanahan is as good as gone. I know that when you change systems/coordinators there is a learning process involved. With that said who could we make the new oc that would keep the system similar so we have to make the least amount of adjustment?

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches/Matt-LaFleur/691d0cd7-70a9-40b1-9bd5-814408b02aee

MATT LaFLEUR ,  Falcons QB coachMatt-LaFleur-Bio-Card.jpg

BIOGRAPHY

Matt LaFleur is entering his second season as the Atlanta Falcons quarterbacks coach. He helped coach QB Matt Ryan, who recorded his fifth straight year throwing for at least 4,000 yards (4,591). Currently, Ryan is one of three quarterbacks to accomplish that feat, joining Drew Brees and Tom Brady. Ryan was also third in the NFL in completions (407), fifth in yards (4,591), and sixth in completion percentage (66.3) during his first year under LaFleur.

LaFleur spent the 2014 season in the same role at the University Notre Dame. Under LaFleur’s tutelage, in 2014 Irish QB Everett Golson completed 256 of 427 passes (60 percent) for 3,445 yards with 29 touchdowns. Prior to arriving in South Bend, LaFleur spent four seasons in the same role with the Washington Redskins. LaFleur worked in Washington with QB Robert Griffin III, who became the first Redskins rookie quarterback selected to the Pro Bowl and led the team to its first NFC East title in 13 years. 

Under LaFleur, Griffin established Redskins rookie records in pass completions (258), passing yards (3,200), passing touchdowns (20) and rushing yards by a quarterback (815). Prior to joining the Redskins, LaFleur spent two seasons as an offensive assistant for the Houston Texans (2008-09) where he worked with the quarterbacks and wide receivers. LaFleur was the offensive coordinator at Ashland University prior to joining the Texans. He began his coaching career at Saginaw Valley State as an offensive assistant and also spent time at Central Michigan (2004-05) and Northern Michigan (2006) universities. LaFleur played quarterback at Saginaw Valley State where he guided the Cardinals to three straight NCAA Division II playoff appearances.

3 minutes ago, Absolute said:

If Kyle leaves, I bet he takes LaFleur to be his OC/QB Coach...Most likely would be McDaniel replacing him.

don't believe LaFleur has that option unless Falcons let him out of contract - that is how these things work.  The team w/ the coach gets to decide if they want to let him go or not.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

don't believe LaFleur has that option unless Falcons let him out of contract - that is how these things work.  The team w/ the coach gets to decide if they want to let him go or not.

Pretty sure he can leave without consent as long as the position offered to him is Higher.

He couldn't leave to be a QB coach as that's a lateral move, but if he was offered an OC job I don't believe it can be blocked.  But I could be wrong

4 minutes ago, clownorg said:

Pretty sure he can leave without consent as long as the position offered to him is Higher.

He couldn't leave to be a QB coach as that's a lateral move, but if he was offered an OC job I don't believe it can be blocked.  But I could be wrong

I thought this too, and have posted as much before, but I think this got changed because it was being abused.

Vance Joseph, the new HC of the Broncos was blocked by Cincinnati to take Denver's DC job when Kubiak was hired.

11 minutes ago, clownorg said:

Any position other than a move to HC is considered a lateral move. The Falcons would have to grant him a release. That's unless his contract is already up.

30 minutes ago, clownorg said:

nope, this is WRONG!   I know because that is what I used to believe.   The rule is you can only leave if you are taking the HC job.  Any job below that and the current team can block the move.

In other words, a QB coach is not free to leave for a OC position somewhere else - unless the current team just wants to be nice and let him go.  The current team can block all non-head coach moves.