Video: How Falcons used stunts and 4 man pashrush to defeat Seahawks

Brewcrew

10 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

The Falcons already know the Rodgers game plan. Press man with Beasley spying. Worked like a charm in the second half during the season. 

Yea it worked like a charm. I think this time they will have to mix up the spy like they did against Seattle so Rodgers doesn't get comfortable knowing that Beasley is the main spy. 

Wow, that was a Pirate stunt at the 1:15 mark.  Haven't seen much of that one this season.  It's usually one of the tougher games to pull off.  

Beautiful stuff.  This is exactly what I had my eye out for coming into the season.  I never thought there was enough creativity with the defensive line with the last regime.  This was one of the hallmarks of DQ's scheme

They ran a little bit of everything in this game.  That's a sure sign of this unit's development.  You can't run that variety of stunts if everyone isn't on the same page.  Even Hageman looks like a different player.  He was flying around the corner on that pirate stunt at the 2:52 mark!

13 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Wow, that was a Pirate stunt at the 1:15 mark.  Haven't seen much of that one this season.  It's usually one of the tougher games to pull off.  

Beautiful stuff.  This is exactly what I had my eye out for coming into the season.  I never thought there was enough creativity with the defensive line with the last regime.  This was one of the hallmarks of DQ's scheme

They ran a little bit of everything in this game.  That's a sure sign of this unit's development.  You can't run that variety of stunts if everyone isn't on the same page.  Even Hageman looks like a different player.  He was flying around the corner on that pirate stunt at the 2:52 mark!

Man, if the light has come on for Hageman, this Dline is so much better. Love to see them blowing up the middle of the packers OLine, Rodgers can't scramble away if Hageman has him wrapped up 2 seconds in.

20 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Bill Polian said not to use those stunts with Rodgers because it will force him out of the pocket and allow him to extend the play. He said 3 rushers have to have disciplined lanes with a 4th spy, which we did a lot against them the first game. Two of our sacks on Rodgers came with that.

5 minutes ago, fuego said:

Bill Polian said not to use those stunts with Rodgers because it will force him out of the pocket and allow him to extend the play. He said 3 rushers have to have disciplined lanes with a 4th spy, which we did a lot against them the first game. Two of our sacks on Rodgers came with that.

I saw that, too.  And I respect Bill Polian, but you have to be who you are.  You can't just take stuff out of your arsenal that you do well because you're scared.  The Giants did some of that.  

There are variations to the games that you can run.  You can have the loopers run them tighter so there isn't as much vacated space and you can do something Atlanta did late in the Seattle game to stop Russell from getting yards which is run them with 4 and spy with Neal in the secondary.