Jump to content

This is what im afraid of. Their trying to take over Atlanta


Recommended Posts

This is what i been afraid of going into Sunday. The Packers are trying to take over Atlanta. I hope im wrong but i think they will occupy 15-25% of the dome on Sunday... 

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-Everywhere-set-to-host-free-playoff-pep-rally-for-fans-Saturday-in-Atlanta/c7eafc77-2513-4386-810f-071cf1441e88

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's ONE problem with being a native Atlanta fan... Atlanta is such a large international hub, there are transplants from ALL over... same thing happens every time we play the Giants and the Saints....not to mention all the years of bad football, people just had to find a team to follow that wouldnt break their heart.... 

the good news is... no matter how many GB fans show up... they cant get into the game... it just reflect bad on us as fans for letting them get inside the dome...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Kennesaw last night and saw a car parked outside a restaurant that had a Packers flag on it, so I politely placed a "Rise Up!" note under the windshield. 

ATL is the better team, the home team, and the favorite Sunday. No need to be angry, just let them know they are the outnumbered visitors.

For those that want to 'crash' their pep rally, a funny thing to do would be to walk around passing out fliers announcing the time for the "End of the 2016 season" rally that will be taking place on Sunday night "so Packers fans can show the team how much they are loved even though Green Bay fell short of winning." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, newgafatboy said:

that's ONE problem with being a native Atlanta fan... Atlanta is such a large international hub, there are transplants from ALL over... same thing happens every time we play the Giants and the Saints....not to mention all the years of bad football, people just had to find a team to follow that wouldnt break their heart.... 

the good news is... no matter how many GB fans show up... they cant get into the game... it just reflect bad on us as fans for letting them get inside the dome...

I was at the bears game two years ago. They were loud and everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Hate to break it to you guys but there are fans from other teams in this world.  Why is this a big deal?

It's a big deal because we obviously want home field advantage..  Did you see the Chargers/Raider game this year in San Diego?  It was basically a Raider home game.  The team feeds off the crowd (One of the reasons why Seattle's defense is good at home) so if this crowd ends up being like it was in week 8, where I have to hear "go pack go" during various periods of the game, it takes away from our home field advantage thus gives the advantage to Green Bay..  Don't know how else I can break it down for you so you will understand how home field advantage works..  

 

Let's just hope more Falcon fans in Atlanta buy tickets over Packer fans in Atlanta..

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

It's a big deal because we obviously want home field advantage..  Did you see the Chargers/Raider game this year in San Diego?  It was basically a Raider home game.  The team feeds off the crowd (One of the reasons why Seattle's defense is good at home) so if this crowd ends up being like it was in week 8, where I have to hear "go pack go" during various periods of the game, it takes away from our home field advantage thus gives the advantage to Green Bay..  Don't know how else I can break it down for you so you will understand how home field advantage works..  

 

Let's just hope more Falcon fans in Atlanta buy tickets over Packer fans in Atlanta..

Big difference form a couple hours drive from A plane ride down. They will be there but they are not "Taking over the dome". In the words of Aaron Rogers himself Relax! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Espo said:

This is what i been afraid of going into Sunday. The Packers are trying to take over Atlanta. I hope im wrong but i think they will occupy 15-25% of the dome on Sunday... 

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-Everywhere-set-to-host-free-playoff-pep-rally-for-fans-Saturday-in-Atlanta/c7eafc77-2513-4386-810f-071cf1441e88

It's "They're". Petty I know and not important but it's just one of those things that bugs me. Also I think we see a repeat of last Saturday as far as Falcon Fan attendance goes. Should be 90% Falcon fans.... Hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously there will be Packer fans there probably more than the Seahawks fans on Saturday but so what and ain't no way it's gonna be 15 -20 % and in the unlikely scenario it is. #2 sends them home with a migraine, much lighter wallet, and a cheddar impacted colon and dreams of 2010. 

That said I'd boycott the restaurant hosting it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

It's a big deal because we obviously want home field advantage..  Did you see the Chargers/Raider game this year in San Diego?  It was basically a Raider home game.  The team feeds off the crowd (One of the reasons why Seattle's defense is good at home) so if this crowd ends up being like it was in week 8, where I have to hear "go pack go" during various periods of the game, it takes away from our home field advantage thus gives the advantage to Green Bay..  Don't know how else I can break it down for you so you will understand how home field advantage works..  

 

Let's just hope more Falcon fans in Atlanta buy tickets over Packer fans in Atlanta..

Falcon fans show up when we are a winning team. This is actually a none issue if you think about

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ElMirage said:

It's "They're". Petty I know and not important but it's just one of those things that bugs me. Also I think we see a repeat of last Saturday as far as Falcon Fan attendance goes. Should be 90% Falcon fans.... Hopefully.

You beat me to it. I know it seems petty, but dang... come on folks.

There - a place

Their - ownership of a group

They're - short for "they are"

This is right up there with people who say "could care less" or "irregardless." Irregardless is not a word and if you could care less that means you care at least a little bit, thus you could care less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cnst said:

From what I could tell, they were big in Dallas.  I was listening to the game from the kitchen and thought Dallas scored from the crowd noise but when I looked, it was Green Bay.  It will be worse here.

Agreed, I had the same thought during that game.

Other than risk getting thrown out by acting hostile toward them in the Dome (deterring opposing fans from wanting to attend), the only way to minimize how many opposing fans are in your stadium is BUY TICKETS AND ATTEND. 

I couldn't care less whether they congregate at some local bar that I don't go to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hooper72 said:

You beat me to it. I know it seems petty, but dang... come on folks.

There - a place

Their - ownership of a group

They're - short for "they are"

This is right up there with people who say "could care less" or "irregardless." Irregardless is not a word and if you could care less that means you care at least a little bit, thus you could care less.

lol, I was typing my comment about not caring less while you were posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...