I'm worried Julio is more injured then we are being told... convince me otherwise.

oxygencube

1 minute ago, oxygencube said:

Julio had a good game on Saturday but I don't remember seeing him take the roof off and go deep. I'm worried his toe is a lot worse than we know. We don't need him to have 200yds and 2tds but we need the Packers to fear that he can.

Didn't look like we were game planning to go deep. That wasn't what we were trying to do. 

He'll play. He's not missing the NFCCG. That being said ...

I might get flamed for this but I honestly believe that Julio could sit and we could still win the NFC Championship. I wouldn't have said that about Seattle, but GB is not Seattle. Green Bay's defense is not going to be able to stop us in the passing game. We are too versatile. This team is no longer the Matt Ryan to Julio Jones show. Heck, Julio was severely hobbled during the entire game-winning drive so we just repeatedly converted to Sanu last time against GB.

Now, all that being said, Julio Jones is one of a kind. Put him out there even as a decoy and it will help us immensely.

But in this particular game, I actually think Clayborn's injury is more critical than Julio's.

The lack of deep routes, I think, was the scheme vs Seattle more than injury. We wanted to get the ball out fast. Our big plays were catch and run. We worked the space under their deep safety. Each week the game plan is so tailored to our opponent because we are so versatile. Hopefully, Julio is good to go. Even at 80%, he changes how the defense plays us.

Naw he's hurting, and there is a good chance won't see 300 yard Julio from the Carolina game till next season (tho get him to this Superbowl bye week maybe he can come back close).

That said the mind is still very much willing, and we've really now arrived at the point where their is no reason to hold anything back, That Packer D does not have any single body they can match up on him and I would not be shocked by 150+  2 TDs

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

this place is nerve wracking with all the worrying and be scared.

Lol.

I am just moving from thread to thread injecting optimism.

I think it might actually kill me if we lose this game.

Because I am CERTAIN we are going to the Super Bowl.

I've never been so absolutely certain of a Falcons victory.

26 minutes ago, oxygencube said:

Julio had a good game on Saturday but I don't remember seeing him take the roof off and go deep. I'm worried his toe is a lot worse than we know. We don't need him to have 200yds and 2tds but we need the Packers to fear that he can.

24 minutes ago, chifalc said:

Didn't look like we were game planning to go deep. That wasn't what we were trying to do. 

Ryan didn't have a pass that traveled over 20 yards in the air in that game.  And we've proved we can keep up the arms race even without Julio. 

6 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Lol.

I may be delusional, but seriously, I think we do to them what we did to the Seahawks. I don't think it will be any closer than that. And Seattle didn't score their second TD until 3 minutes or so left in the game. 

6 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Lol.

every Nervous Nellie & Anxious Andy is getting blocked. I don't need this crap in my life right now. we have earned the right to be here. I expect to get this crap from everybody else but not at home sheesh

Just now, fuego said:

I may be delusional, but seriously, I think we do to them what we did to the Seahawks. I don't think it will be any closer than that. And Seattle didn't score their second TD until 3 minutes or so left in the game. 

It's not outside the realm of possibility.

The Saints are one heck of an offense and we DESTROYED that team in the first half.

That 4th quarter foolishness seriously skewed how absolutely unstoppable both sides of our team looked in that game.

Since nobody has anything concrete at all about anything regarding JJ's foot... I vote to come against all those who now inject the word "worry" in a thread title just for attention or to pizz other's off or because they think it's girly cute, or because their wussy hurts LOL.

Have a clue man.

There was a lot of worry warts before we kicked the chit out of Seattle too.  It's unnecessary anxiety that serves no purpose other than negative vibes. We need to think and act like champions!