Ryan vs Brady

gazoo

I honestly have grown so tired watching so many Falcon fans, who are also  Bradyettes, fawn over how good he is while dissing on Matty Ice. This absolute garbage about Brady stepping up in big games and lifting his teammates is especially disgusting to me as we see the Patriots win all the time no matter who is playing QB. Brady's bad games are covered up by his awesome supporting cast. 

Tom Brady has thrown an average of 1 interception in every single postseason game he's played in. Not only that, yesterday Brady threw 2 interceptions and completed only 47% of his passes, with several erratic wild throws missing wide open receivers yet the Patriots still blew the Texans out scoring more than twice as many points (36 points) 

In 2012 so many Ryan haters blamed Ryan exclusively for losing to the 49ers in the NFCCG despite Ryan playing an heroic game against the NFLs best defense.  Ryan's 2012 playoff numbers were phenomenal given he played the top two defenses in NFL.  Brady throws two picks, misses countless wide open receivers and his team still blows out the Texans.

Its time for everyone to get behind Matty Ice even if he doesn't have an absolutely perfect game. 

Brady is a Hall of Famer with four rings. He deserves all the accolades he gets.

BUT:

Thus far, with the exception of Dallas, the losers in this year's play-offs have scored 14, 12, 16, 16, 6, 13, and 20.

With the exception of the Giants debacle, we would have won every play-off game we've ever played under Matt if any of those were the opposition's score.

A quarterback can't do it all.

Yikes Gazoo Ryan's been really good and has been Bradyesqe BUT the mentioned man I'm sorry to say this is on an entirely other level and has been on that level for a very long time.

We can make arguments around coaches franchises owners and all the rest of it but when it comes down to it Brady has the results to back up his resume Ryan as yet does not.

I just can't go there when the thread title is Brady vs Ryan.

I plan on watching some NE games after this Sunday's game. I honestly believe Pittsburgh can beat NE based on that sloppy Houston game. PS: Montana always over Brady in field vision, ethics, calmness, poise. Post season playoff victories and Super Bowl appearances aren't the metric. Quality of player and victories are. People always forget about Bradshaw too. He had the arm, the vision, the poise. 4 Steeler Super Bowls under Bradshaw didn't happen just by the Steel curtain. PS: Brady has been in the SAME system of a WCO hybrid, under the same coach his entire career. Imagine if ICE had that luxury? Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, Brady 4. 

Edited by BIRDLAND 2.0

14 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yikes Gazoo Ryan's been really good and has been Bradyesqe BUT the mentioned man I'm sorry to say this is on an entirely other level and has been on that level for a very long time.

We can make arguments around coaches franchises owners and all the rest of it but when it comes down to it Brady has the results to back up his resume Ryan as yet does not.

I disagree brother kiwi

You can compare the two QBs, but comparing the supporting casts is another thing.

Brady gets all the credit for those awesome supporting casts and coaching he's had for his entire career. 

Ryan, for the second time in his career, has a supporting cast equitable to what Brady has almost every year.

Bradys team wins without him, Brady teams blow opponents  out even when Brady has a terrible game. Bradys team has won multiple playoff games and even Super Bowls when Brady throws multiple interceptions.

Ryans teams cannot win without him. Ryan's teams lose in the playoffs if he doesn't play perfectly.

Its a ridiculous double standard and Ryan's own fans should not be guilty of such absurd double standards. 

DOnt tell me you can't compare Ryan to Brady, that's patently irrational and based on an emotional response. Of course you can compare the two players.  When you add their teams with them I agree you can't compare, Bradys teams have almost always been way better that's Ryan's teams.

24 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Funny thing right now is that Brady's somewhat in the background of the QB debate. With the NFC Championship coming up, everyone's debating Ryan vs. Rodgers

It is understandable people outside the Falcon fan base don't know just how good Matty Ice is. It's not understandable Tom me how his own fan base applies flagrant double standards when comparing him to the other elite NFL QBs. It's like our own fans don't have any idea the other elite QBs don't play perfectly in playoff games yet still win most of the time because they have better support around them.

30 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Championships belong to teams not quarterbacks. 

I know that it is fun to argue Ryan or Rodgers, Manning or Brady, and on and on.

When it comes to football it is about the team. If Tom Brady would have been drafted by the Browns do you think he wins a bunch of Super Bowls? If Matt would have been drafted by San Diego he'd look a lot like Phillip Rivers.

As much as I hate this word, it is all about synergy. You put a good QB, good GM, and good coach together and yeah, you're going to have great success. In that type of situation, one of those three can afford to be a little off because the other two can cover you. The TEAM is strong.  If you take any of those pieces away and you'll have a good team but not a great one. Take two away and you get a mediocre team. Take three away and you have the Browns.

I would argue that the mystique around Brady is more of a reflection of the fact that he has been the face of a team that has a great QB, great FO, and a great coach. Those elements have bolstered each other to the point where they are **** near unstoppable. That being said, his contribution to that greatness (while substantial) is only one part of many. Brady without Bellicheck is still probably a great QB but not five Super Bowls great. The same is true of Bellicik (or however you spell his **** name).

In Ryan's time with the team he's been a **** good QB and depending on the year, he's had good coaching, but a bad FO. Then the FO gets it together and the coaching drops off. Right now, we have all three. The QB if playing great, the coaching is working at a high level, and the skill level of the team is where it needs to be.

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and aren't all those points about what we score in a little over two games? :D

If we'd scored one more touchdown each in the Rams and 49ers games (which we easily could have if we'd left Matt in for the 4th), we actually WOULD have tied the total output from the losers of those 7 games (97 points).

Yeah, it's the Rams and 49ers.

But that's kinda awesome, lol.

5 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

I know that it is fun to argue Ryan or Rodgers, Manning or Brady, and on and on.

When it comes to football it is about the team. If Tom Brady would have been drafted by the Browns do you think he wins a bunch of Super Bowls? If Matt would have been drafted by San Diego he'd look a lot like Phillip Rivers.

As much as I hate this word, it is all about synergy. You put a good QB, good GM, and good coach together and yeah, you're going to have great success. In that type of situation, one of those three can afford to be a little off because the other two can cover you. The TEAM is strong.  If you take any of those pieces away and you'll have a good team but not a great one. Take two away and you get a mediocre team. Take three away and you have the Browns.

I would argue that the mystique around Brady is more of a reflection of the fact that he has been the face of a team that has a great QB, great FO, and a great coach. Those elements have bolstered each other to the point where they are **** near unstoppable. That being said, his contribution to that greatness (while substantial) is only one part of many. Brady without Bellicheck is still probably a great QB but not five Super Bowls great. The same is true of Bellicik (or however you spell his **** name).

In Ryan's time with the team he's been a **** good QB and depending on the year, he's had good coaching, but a bad FO. Then the FO gets it together and the coaching drops off. Right now, we have all three. The QB if playing great, the coaching is working at a high level, and the skill level of the team is where it needs to be.

THIS is the post of this thread! System placement with a HC, owner and FO making the supporting cast is the catalyst for Lombardis.