Tally up all points from Falcons losses this season = 22 points

NobisFan60

4 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

they Falcons were in every game played this season except the Bucs. that's crazy

And the Philly game..  the Philly game was the only game that concerned me and we actually got beat pretty bad.  The Tampa week 1 game was just being out of sync, opening day jitters and we had a good chance in that game..

Just now, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

We were in the Bucs game. Had a chance to tie at very end but went 4 and out.

I remember. I was in the stands. :(

kinda but I watched that game over and we wasn't gonna win that game. Matt was still off on his throws and on that last drive he was WAY off. matter of fact he almost hurt Julio and Sanu on back to back bad passes. this was the game that set it off because that next week Matt had the fire in his eyes and he's had it ever since.

11 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

So basically you are saying that when the season is over for us, we will still be at 22? Now that is ******* impressive. Thanks for the info.

No need to be snide in your response, just pointing out that the Falcons lost by 22 points if you tally up all their losses for the regular season. 

5 minutes ago, fuego said:

You didn't get the meaning behind his post. ;)

No she's implying that we won't lose again. I got it, but that wasn't the point. It's just an interesting stat, I imagine it's the lowest in the league.  

Edited by lidsville_falcon

18 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

kinda but I watched that game over and we wasn't gonna win that game. Matt was still off on his throws and on that last drive he was WAY off. matter of fact he almost hurt Julio and Sanu on back to back bad passes. this was the game that set it off because that next week Matt had the fire in his eyes and he's had it ever since.

Ya know what? That's fair. Sometimes the score isn't reflective of the actual game. Eagles game being mentioned in this thread is a good example. We had a lead in the 4th quarter yet we were never actually competitive in that game.

As for your point in bold, I am beyond proud of my boy Matty Ice this year.

Every time that he could have let something get in his head, he hasn't.

Losing the first game after a LONG off-season of questioning after a very disappointing 2015? Goes on to win the next 4 games.

Throwing a pick-6 and pick-2 in a single game and facing a whole week of questions around whether we're collapsing again and whether he can turn it on in December? Goes on a 4-game tear to end the season (crazy stats, not a single interception), takes the #2 seed. 

Another two weeks of questioning about that 1-4 record? Shreds Seattle.

This is a new Matt.

We're going to the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Philly was the only 'bad' game the Falcons played.  They were flat worn out.  And they still had a chance near the end.

agreed. if you go back and look at that Eagles game, our guys were sucking wind big time the second half. we had just run the gamut of tough teams and guys were as you put it, simply worn out

11 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

No need to be snide in your response, just pointing out that the Falcons lost by 22 points if you tally up all their losses for the regular season. 

As fuego said you didn't get the meaning of my post. Read it again, it wasn't a snide remark. If you continue to see it that way that's fine.

6 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Ya know what? That's fair. Sometimes the score isn't reflective of the actual game. Eagles game being mentioned in this thread is a good example. We had a lead in the 4th quarter yet we were never actually competitive in that game.

As for your point in bold, I am beyond proud of my boy Matty Ice this year.

Every time that he could have let something get in his head, he hasn't.

Losing the first game after a LONG off-season of questioning after a very disappointing 2015? Goes on to win the next 4 games.

Throwing a pick-6 and pick-2 in a single game and facing a whole week of questions around whether we're collapsing again and whether he can turn it on December? Goes on a a 4-game tear to end the season (crazy stats, not a single interception), takes the #2 seed. 

Another two weeks of questioning about that 1-4 record? Shreds Seattle.

This is a new Matt.

We're going to the Super Bowl.

agreed. this is the Matt that was wasted for most of his career. Matt came in the league with a burning fire and it got coached out of him and he played tight and scared of making mistakes. after that TB game, apparently somebody pissed him off because he came back with a vengeance I haven't seen since he was throwing out routes on a dime and diving head first in the end zone in 2008

14 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

No she's implying that we won't lose again. I got it, but that wasn't the point. It's just an interesting stat, I imagine it's the lowest in the league.  

Close, but the Cowboys lost their three games by a total of 18 points.  The Falcons probably do have the smallest average margin of loss in defeats, but I didn't actually check that.

3 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

BC, I didn't see game, but was ready to pack it based on the performance. Did the offense and defense just look out of sync or lethargic?

Basically, the dagger for that game was our defense giving up (if I remember correctly) 3 ugly, explosive scores in a row. (One of which was right before the half and the other right after ... took all the air out of the building.)

So we very suddenly found ourselves in a gigantic hole that the offense and defense tried valiantly to claw their way out of (offense began to make plays, defense began to make stops), but we just couldn't quite do it.

I think "out of sync" is a much better description than "lethargic." Without that 5-7 minute defensive lull, we might have won. In fact, I just went back and looked at what I posted on Facebook right afterward:

"Matt Ryan finally looks like himself again (now if the run game could kick it up a notch and the defense could just tighten up). Was a close and exciting game and almost a furious comeback win."

I saw enough in that game to know we weren't repeating last season. We just needed a game to work out the final kinks in the system. 

1 hour ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

And the Philly game..  the Philly game was the only game that concerned me and we actually got beat pretty bad.  The Tampa week 1 game was just being out of sync, opening day jitters and we had a good chance in that game..

The Philly game was weird. We seembed tired and just going through the motions. We were ready for our bye week. 

8 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Basically, the dagger for that game was our defense giving up (if I remember correctly) 3 ugly, explosive scores in a row. (One of which was right before the half and the other right after ... took all the air out of the building.)

So we very suddenly found ourselves in a gigantic hole that the offense and defense tried valiantly to claw their way out of (offense began to make plays, defense began to make stops), but we just couldn't quite do it.

I think "out of sync" is a much better description than "lethargic." Without that 5-7 minute defensive lull, we might have won. In fact, I just went back and looked at what I posted on Facebook right afterward:

"Matt Ryan finally looks like himself again (now if the run game could kick it up a notch and the defense could just tighten up). Was a close and exciting game and almost a furious comeback win."

I saw enough in that game to know we weren't repeating last season. We just needed a game to work out the final kinks in the system. 

Thanks. Borat gave me the NFL HD link and I have been going back and watching games. In the Bay Area I get nothing. PS: After Sunday's game if you could keep the board posted on local Boston media regarding cerebral insight, not garbage fluff, of the Super Bowl match up I'd appreciate it. Assuming Birds win Sunday--and they WILL. :munch:

4 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Thanks. Borat gave me the NFL HD link and I have been going back and watching games. In the Bay Area I get nothing. PS: After Sunday's game if you could keep the board posted on local Boston media regarding cerebral insight, not garbage fluff, of the Super Bowl match up I'd appreciate it. Assuming Birds win Sunday--and they WILL. :munch:

Sure thing, sir, sure thing.

If we advance (and yes, I agree, we WILL), I'm holding down the fort up here.