Taking any and all Packers' Questions

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, samueladams said:

I'm already positive GB will not stop us from scoring.  But how does the team stop GB?  The last time we beat them BVG was the DC.  Do we blitz less and let the front four penetrate the pocket.  Or can the team pull a MNF on Peyton Manning that caused us to win the game?

Blitzing Aaron Rodgers is playing with fire, but when you give him 5+ seconds to throw, you're done. 

If we aren't successful with the pass rush, we better be ready to put up 40 points. 

Personally, I would treat Aaron Rodgers like a dual-threat QB just like Cam and Russell. Spy him so when he gets out of the pocket, Deion Jones is waiting to hurry the throw. 

We've got a better chance making him get rid of the ball early. 

4 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

1.) How have they done this year on kick and punt returns? I was not pleased with what I saw from our special teams this past Saturday.

2.) I was surprised to see that while they're nearly dead last in pass defense, their run defense is actually in the Top 10. Think Free and TeCo are the types of runners and 1-2 punch that can still make a dent?

1. They are not strong in the return game. Christine Michael, Jeff Janis and Micah Hyde are their main return men. I expect a much better game out of our ST. 

2. The run defense is very good led by stud 3-4 DE Mike Daniels. We need to be able to run, and I think we can. The Cowboys ran the ball rather well against them, but abandoned it early. They can stop the run decently well, but they're so thin at CB. They have two great safeties, but very thin at CB.

*Green Bay has struggled for years to stop players they've got to cover with LB's. Our RB's should be huge in the passing game. 

5 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

^^^This. 

And:

What type of defensive scheme do they run? Blitzing, Pittsburgh-style 34? Zone-based 2/3-deep stuff? 

Base 3-4. 

Don't blitz too often, but they like to move around Clay Matthews. 

Don't blitz LB's very much, but will occasionally send a DB. No Carolina gap blitzes.

They can play man or zone. Probably better off in a zone. 

1 minute ago, WiscoFalcon said:

1. They are not strong in the return game. Christine Michael, Jeff Janis and Micah Hyde are their main return men. I expect a much better game out of our ST. 

2. The run defense is very good led by stud 3-4 DE Mike Daniels. We need to be able to run, and I think we can. The Cowboys ran the ball rather well against them, but abandoned it early. They can stop the run decently well, but they're so thin at CB. They have two great safeties, but very thin at CB.

*Green Bay has struggled for years to stop players they've got to cover with LB's. Our RB's should be huge in the passing game. 

Cool. Thanks, man. (And that's kind of what I was thinking - if their run defense is strong, let's find some other ways to get Free and TeCo involved early ... and then start pounding it down their throats when their defense is gassed.)

This is awesome of you to field all of this.

Hope I can do the same and answer some questions when/if we face the Pats. I know The Deflators inside and out after a decade plus in Boston.

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

Is Rodgers pressured by dlines more at home than on the road?

Doesn't really matter. One of the best pass-protecting lines in football. They don't give up a lot of pressure with a four man rush. 

Really hoping Vic finds success against Bulaga. 

LT David Bakhtiari may be the best pass blocking LT in the league the last 10 weeks. 

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Cool. Thanks, man. (And that's kind of what I was thinking - if their run defense is strong, let's find some other ways to get Free and TeCo involved early ... and then start pounding it down their throats when their defense is gassed.)

This is awesome of you to field all of this.

Hope I can do the same and answer some questions when/if we face the Pats. I know The Deflators inside and out after a decade plus in Boston.

We all need our insiders!

No problem BC.

If we play in the big one against them, I'd have plenty of questions for you. 

Just now, WiscoFalcon said:

We all need our insiders!

No problem BC.

If we play in the big one against them, I'd have plenty of questions for you. 

Sure thing! 

The cliff-note version is that while we would be the underdogs, there are some very clear things to exploit in their defense. They have a very intimidating PPG average, but you have to dig deeper. They have not faced an offense like ours all season long. Not even close actually. They've faced Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Texans x 2, and Cards, Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Seahawks, 49ers, Rams, Ravens, and Broncos. Tell me a single offense in there that can do what ours can. I'm not saying their defense isn't very strong ... but I KNOW we could exploit it.

For Brady, like any other QB, it's pressure. Beasley and Co. early and often. While I don't advocate dirty play, I wouldn't cry about some hard hits a moment or two after the whistle (not to the head or anything, just HARD hits). I'd even take a 15-yard penalty in return for getting in Brady's head early. It works. Seen it time and again. 

2 minutes ago, Jen said:

Think Jordy will play? Does it even matter? 

I don't think he will no. Was still trying to breathe normally a few days ago. But no, it doesn't matter.

They may put him as a GT decision so they force us to prepare for him however. 

Rodgers has won the last two games without him, they don't need Nelson to win - that's how good Rodgers is. 

Edited by WiscoFalcon