Looking like Shanahan to SF

jfalconsp

Schefter: 49ers are - and have been - honing in on hiring Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan as their HC, per sources.

Surprised he actually responded to me - I asked Rapaport if Shanahan was interested in the job:

Rapaport: Shanahan is interested in #49ers. But until there is an offer and a real discussion, it's speculation.

Edited by jfalconsp

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SirCzah said:

If so then good for Kyle.  For his sake though I hope he doesn't get the SF job.  That FO is a joke and if they couldn't handle Harbaugh's "ego" after taking them to a Superbowl, Kyle might have a bad first HC experience.

I hate the 49ers, so I hope he doesn't go there. I like him, but I can't root for him there.

6 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Schefter: 49ers are - and have been - honing in on hiring Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan as their HC, per sources.

5 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

No way.

Why in the world would he set himself up for failure?

Exactly. McDaniels withdrew for that very reason. SF is dysfunctional. I can't imagine Shanny would want a job where it's not at least similar to Atlanta. Already having a good QB in place being the main thing. SF has NO quarterback. And he said he wouldn't just take 'any job', and the SF position definitely qualifies for 'any job'. 

Just now, fuego said:

Exactly. McDaniels withdrew for that very reason. SF is dysfunctional. I can't imagine Shanny would want a job where it's not at least similar to Atlanta. Already having a good QB in place being the main thing. SF has NO quarterback. And he said he wouldn't just take 'any job', and the SF position definitely qualifies for 'any job'. 

What if they hire Mike Shanahan in a Coughlin/Elway role as VP of Football Operations?

Just now, fuego said:

I agree, I figured before all the hiring started that this opportunity was the perfect example of a job he would never take. I get that just bc SF wants him doesn't mean he'll take it. Hope he doesn't. 

Breer: One thing to remember with Kyle Shanahan -- Being with Matt Ryan gives him the same flexibility Josh McDaniels has had to stay where he is.

Rapaport: Two years ago, #Falcons waited weeks to hire Dan Quinn. #49ers could be in same situation to hire #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan, their favorite.

The niners is the ultimate challenge right now. Maybe he wants the challenge? They do have 2 higher first round picks. 

Regardless, I highly doubt this is a distraction. Winning a SB is so hard, he is giving it all he has. 

Edited by T-peg

3 minutes ago, T-peg said:

The niners is the ultimate challenge right now. Maybe he wants the challenge? They do have 2 higher first round picks. 

Regardless, I highly doubt this is a distraction. Winning a SB is so hard, he is giving it all he has. 

Well Cleveland was a challenge too, and how did he do there? You really need some pieces in place already like we had.