Matt Ryan, Falcons have pieces to do something special

birdz4i

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Right, but I think you mean he did some DIFFERENT things in the offseason to get better.  Because he's always focused on getting better and always has been. So it's the same guy.  This isn't some magic show.  I see your point and don't disagree with you btw...

I think this is just semantics - we're saying similar things in different ways. The heart of any message board. :D

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Right on man. That's an awesome call because Ryan has shocked the world and a lot of people are still in denial about it. Like I had first take on in the background this morning and while Kellerman finally gave props. Smith still refused to acknowledge that Ryan is ballin right now. I don't care what his opinion is, but its still out there. A lot of people still refuse to believe it

They'll slowly come around. It's gonna take a SB win to win most of the over but after he hung 36 up on one of the best defenses in the NFL in the playoffs it's evident he's playing out of his head right now. And he has a chip in his shoulder AND a monkey on his back. It's bout to get ugly for whoever we play. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

They'll slowly come around. It's gonna take a SB win to win most of the over but after he hung 36 up on one of the best defenses in the NFL in the playoffs it's evident he's playing out of his head right now. And he has a chip in his shoulder AND a monkey on his back. It's bout to get ugly for whoever we play. 

I created a thread after the Rams win about how I felt the Falcons will be a dangerous playoff team. After watching all 4 divisional playoff games, I truly believe the Falcons will win the super bowl

My biggest critism of Ryan was his mobility in the pocket and sometimes seeing ghosts.Those 3 years behind a bad oline I think messed with him regarding his mental clock. This Ryan is 2008 Ryan only wiser. Quinn has brought out the gunslinger and you could tell as we were throwing for first downs instead of milking the clock. This is Ryan in his prime and we can go on a run for the next 5 years.

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I do too. It's our year. 

I'm going to third that.

I can't fathom us losing this game at home given the state of Green Bay's defense.

And when you take a hard look at the Pats' schedule this season, there is not a SINGLE offense in there that even approaches ours.

We're going to shock some people.

(Yes, I realize I'm assuming Patriots. Living in Boston for a decade will do that to you.)

I was in utter disbelief at how bad KC was yesterday.  They managed to fk up every single postitive thing they had going on about 10 separate occasions.  Alex Smith was bad... really bad.  There were 5 different times he had a TD pass developing in the secondary and his vision was so poor that he managed to miss every one.  Makes me appreciate Ryan.

2 minutes ago, AmaZze said:

My biggest critism of Ryan was his mobility in the pocket and sometimes seeing ghosts.Those 3 years behind a bad oline I think messed with him regarding his mental clock. This Ryan is 2008 Ryan only wiser. Quinn has brought out the gunslinger and you could tell as we were throwing for first downs instead of milking the clock. This is Ryan in his prime and we can go on a run for the next 5 years.

I just said the same thing to BCEagle in another post. Shanny and Quinn coached the fire back in him that was coached out by the previous staff

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I'm going to third that.

I can't fathom us losing this game at home given the state of Green Baby's defense.

And when you take a hard look at the Pats' schedule this season, there is not a SINGLE offense in there that even approaches ours.

We're going to shock some people.

(Yes, I realize I'm assuming Patriots. Living in Boston for a decade will do that to you.)

Ryan's about to knock off two legends in the game and get the MVP over them. It will cement his place as Elite. No more doubt from the media.

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I just love how these articles just flood the news cycles...  Matt Ryan blah blah blah.  This is so fkg elementary.  

Unless you just refuse to admit it or have an ulterior motive, MR isn't this new, REINVENTED version of himself.  

He's the same guy he's always been.  Except now he has all the components together at one time.  The RB situation, the WR corps AND an Oline that can block for him.  Even the defense is on the rise.

We had some huge gaps last year and arguably the most complex attack scheme in football & it clearly takes time to fully understand.  

I've seen a lot of articles or conversations about MR where they don't even mention this chit... Amazing.

Couldn't agree more.  He's def. stepped it up a notch this season but acting like he wasn't a top 7-8 QB before this season is BS.  Extra season in the WCO, ballsy play calling, and some f'n help does wonders huh!

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Talk about making a business decision...

I love that Matt emphatically claimed he was planning to make the block and just tripped.

You can see him mouth "I tripped" in that clip, and he said it in his post-game interview, and he said it on 680 the Fan.

I call BS, Matt.

He didn't trip.

He decided to live.

:lol:

4 hours ago, ballfan said:

Like it or not, the post season shapes the legacy and reputation of all players; none more than the QB. 

I believe Quinn will have them ready. 

I agree... even as a fan, Quinn has done a great job keeping me focused on the next game. In all his interview he reminds me that all that matters is this week. Head down and just keep wining! 

1 hour ago, raysnill1 said:

I just said the same thing to BCEagle in another post. Shanny and Quinn coached the fire back in him that was coached out by the previous staff

I'm with you as well. THIS is the Ryan that beat VT on a cold rainy night in Blacksburg. Smith and company sucked all that passion right out of him.

1 hour ago, oxygencube said:

I agree... even as a fan, Quinn has done a great job keeping me focused on the next game. In all his interview he reminds me that all that matters is this week. Head down and just keep wining! 

Quinn has done that like a master. He has these puppies believing, and me too. 

3 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I agree with you. 

AND ...

Matt did do some re-inventing work over the offseason. 

Beyond Alex Mack, beyond the scheme, beyond those around him, he identified some things to improve and he went out and DID it.

I've never seen him throw a deep ball so consistently and beautifully as he has this season.

I've never seen him work the pocket like he has this season.

I guess all I'm saying is that it's the perfect combination of things - Matt was finally given the pieces he needs AND did some work on himself.

And the result?

Fireworks.

Getting Mack and Sanu was huge for Matt, but he has recreated himself in many ways. He's grown very much thru this season. I used to look at him and see a lot of boy, ( as far as confidence) now I'm seeing a man out there and I believe the team is feeding off that as well. The pieces are all here now and forgive me my haters, but we have a qb who can lead us all the way. Oh how I hope!