GB Defense Cannot Stop ATL Offense

Radiohead

I have to admit, the first few series from the packer's D had me a bit concerned, but as that game developed, I saw a Defense that was so overmatched and got to a point where they couldn't stop anything.

The problem for Dallas yesterday is that it took them an entire 1/2 of football to get into a rhythm. This is not the case for the ATL offense. 

I expect them to be in rhythm and churning drives from the start like usual and once Ryan gets that Defense worn out and on their heels they will not be able to stop the Falcons.

the DB Gunter, especially is a gigantic weak link and was getting abused by Bryant, not to mention it looked like Burnett went out with a concussion(?).

The interior of their line started out decent enough, but after a few sustained drives, you could tell they were gassed.

The GB front-7 is nothing compared to SEA's and I think the Falcons will force the issue of the run early and often and then just let the play-action rip.

However, after thinking about it, maybe I have that backwards.

Edited by Radiohead

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Our offense would get points.. Can our defense play the press/man coverage from the start as we adjusted after half time in the first game

I have to be honest and say I'm not expecting a great day from the ATL secondary.

I think if Beasley and company upfront can do just enough to force a couple drives to stall, then ATL wins it.

7 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

I have to be honest and say I'm not expecting a great day from the ATL secondary.

I think if Beasley and company upfront can do just enough to force a couple drives to stall, then ATL wins it.

I'll take Cobb on Alford and Collins on Adams. I don't think Allison was that good, he was just completely wide open. They killed Dallas with the same crossing routes they killed us with. Hopefully, we can get to Rodgers in time. He's gonna be scrambling around like crazy.

I agree. I 't think the Packers D can stop the Falcons offense. Their only hope is for turnovers. That is really their bread and butter. Rushing the passer and taking the ball away.  I do think that Green Bay will be able to pressure Ryan more than they were able to against Prescott. That Dallas OL is simply incredible. Even if you stack the box to stop Zeke they still get like 2 yards  of push resulting in a 4-5 yard rush.

I'm not sure if Atlanta can stop Green Bay either though. I'm not sure I buy into how much they've "improved". What good offenses has Atlanta shut down lately? Drew Brees just put up 30+ points on them in the season finale. Seattle's offense was terrible this year. Green Bay beat them 38-10 just a few weeks ago. This is going to be a shootout and honestly I don't think either defense has the edge. I think Atlanta is better up front and faster but Dallas has a significantly better secondary than Atlanta. So while Atlanta will probably be able to get more pressure on Rodgers and force him to get the ball out faster but Rodgers will get the ball out faster against Atlanta. Back in Week 8 a cold Aaron Rodgers dropped 32 points on Atlanta while missing Randall Cobb, Jared Cook, and Ty Montgomery. I'm not convinced that Atlanta is going to be able to hold up against Green Bay's offense.

4 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

I agree. I 't think the Packers D can stop the Falcons offense. Their only hope is for turnovers. That is really their bread and butter. Rushing the passer and taking the ball away.  I do think that Green Bay will be able to pressure Ryan more than they were able to against Prescott. That Dallas OL is simply incredible. Even if you stack the box to stop Zeke they still get like 2 yards  of push resulting in a 4-5 yard rush.

I'm not sure if Atlanta can stop Green Bay either though. I'm not sure I buy into how much they've "improved". What good offenses has Atlanta shut down lately? Drew Brees just put up 30+ points on them in the season finale. Seattle's offense was terrible this year. Green Bay beat them 38-10 just a few weeks ago. This is going to be a shootout and honestly I don't think either defense has the edge. I think Atlanta is better up front and faster but Dallas has a significantly better secondary than Atlanta. So while Atlanta will probably be able to get more pressure on Rodgers and force him to get the ball out faster but Rodgers will get the ball out faster against Atlanta. Back in Week 8 a cold Aaron Rodgers dropped 32 points on Atlanta while missing Randall Cobb, Jared Cook, and Ty Montgomery. I'm not convinced that Atlanta is going to be able to hold up against Green Bay's offense.

Don't understate the 38-13 lead we had in the New Orleans game. You act as if we gave up a ton a points and it was a race. 

7 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

dallas secondary is not better than ours claiborn had a groin injury and couldnt move, gunter was terrible, they were not good.

I agree too..I really didn't see anything from the Packers that scares me defensively. In fact watching that game,  it was obvious how much faster we are on both sides of the ball. It was obvious to me too that our guys just play harder. I really believe if our team just plays the way they have all year, they should win this game..maybe even by a lot more than people are expecting . I wasn't impressed with Dallas either and the fact they gave the Packers all they could handle when it was obvious they are clearly an inferior team to us, really leads me to believe we have a good shot at winning by a decent margin. 

The last time the Pack came to town in the playoffs, they never punted. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if WE never punt this time.

In the immortal words of Matt Ryan, "[They] can't f*cking stop it."

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d824672b2/Sound-FX-Matt-Ryan (2:47 mark)

I honestly think our defense only needs to make 2 or 3 stops.

We shredded Seattle.

GB is no Seattle.

16 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

dallas secondary is not better than ours claiborn had a groin injury and couldnt move, gunter was terrible, they were not good.

Gunter plays for the Packers and yes he's terrible. The Packers are playing scrubs at CB right now. They have been all season. And these are the same CBs that were out there when Green Bay went blow for blow with Atlanta earlier in the year. There is nothing at all to support your claim that Dallas' secondary along with their overall defense not being better than Atlanta's. Dallas was better than Atlanta in just about every single defensive category.

Dallas was #14 in overall defense. Atlanta was #25. Dallas was #5 in scoring defense. Atlanta was #27. Keep telling yourself that Atlanta has a better defense. Give me a break. And don't fee me this line of BS that Atlanta is "improved" on defense. What great offenses have they played well against during their "hot streak". That same Seattle team that you beat 36-20 on Saturday was just stomped down 38-10 by Green Bay a few weeks ago.

Let's face the facts. The Championship Game is going to be a shootout. Neither defense is worth a lick and they are going to be playing two red-hot QBs. Aaron Rdogers has lit up some pretty good defenses during his hot streak. He threw for 4 TDs and 0 INTs against both Seattle and Minnesota. Two top 5 defenses.

Here we go.. godgers is coming and everyone yells sky is falling. We will play cover 1 majority of the game. Pass rush will have to be on point.. we're not gonna stop them every drive but dallas proved you can stop them enough to catch up... 

their defense cannot stop us, would not be surprised if we don't punt all game and  end up with a score of 37-24 or something of the sort.. 

its gonna be a tough game but Brice gunter and Hyde couldn't hold julio and our redirects jock straps.. it's gonna be a long day for the Green Bay D. 

The ONLY thing that stopped us last game vs GB was illegal formation penalties.. we had 4 of them and they erased big plays that went for first downs.. I haven't seen Atlanta have a penalty for that since the GB game... 

end of story 

4 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Gunter plays for the Packers and yes he's terrible. The Packers are playing scrubs at CB right now. They have been all season. And these are the same CBs that were out there when Green Bay went blow for blow with Atlanta earlier in the year. There is nothing at all to support your claim that Dallas' secondary along with their overall defense not being better than Atlanta's. Dallas was better than Atlanta in just about every single defensive category.

Dallas was #14 in overall defense. Atlanta was #25. Dallas was #5 in scoring defense. Atlanta was #27. Keep telling yourself that Atlanta has a better defense. Give me a break. And don't fee me this line of BS that Atlanta is "improved" on defense. What great offenses have they played well against during their "hot streak". That same Seattle team that you beat 36-20 on Saturday was just stomped down 38-10 by Green Bay a few weeks ago.

Let's face the facts. The Championship Game is going to be a shootout. Neither defense is worth a lick and they are going to be playing two red-hot QBs. Aaron Rdogers has lit up some pretty good defenses during his hot streak. He threw for 4 TDs and 0 INTs against both Seattle and Minnesota. Two top 5 defenses.

I know who gunter plays for sorry, I was trying to pt out both secondaries were not that good at all. you are wrong and obviously not watching our defense the last 6 weeks. we kept the 2nd best offense in the league to 13 pts for 3 quarters

Edited by jdawg4876