ALL OUR 2016 Sins Have been Absolved. Sunday, We Are Born Again. RISE UP, Falcons!

HolyMoses

The penalty marred cluster freak that was opening day?  Forgotten.

The botched P.I. Call against the Seahawks?   Meaningless.

Blowing a 17 point lead at home against the Chargers (10 points in the fourth quarter)?  Fagetaboutit.

Matt, Dan, Armstrong and Kyle's multiple brain farts that cost us the Chiefs game?  Forgiven

The egg laid in Philly? A Cheese Steak under the Bridge.

The best anyone can ever get from a regular season is the opportunity to play the Conference Championship at home.  Thanks to the Packers, the Falcons will now have that chance despite the (albeit limited) shortcomings of the Regular Season.  Even better, we scored an extra day of rest in the bargain. 

The Cowboys died tonight so that our sins could be forgiven, but Sunday, it will be the Falcons who RISE UP!*

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

*This might be a little obscure, but this picture was taken in Jerusalem at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the place of Christ's resurrection.  

When I went to Israel a few years ago, I packed the shirt so I could take the pictures and make the ( @JDaveG approved ) joke.

I first decided to wear the shirt to the game Saturday because, since the Chief's game, I did not have another lucky Falcons shirt.  (Even the game worn and autographed Todd Weiner Jersey had failed me.)  But on the way to the game it occurred to me that maybe things might be working the other way.  Maybe God wanted me to take the shirt to Israel so that it could become Holy. 

All I know is that, without being touched by anything worldly, one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the league fell over backwards into his own endzone for a Safety.  That was when the shirt rubbing began.  We will just have to see where this goes . . .

5 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I said this in another thread but could ANYONE just 4 or 5 weeks ago ever imagined we'd be hosting the conference title. Incredible 

4 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

I remember folks asking if we would even make the play offs after the KC loss.....look at us now!

Right?! When we lost to Kansas City (especially the WAY we lost) and Tampa Bay tied our record, it was armageddon on here. And I get it. I'm not a calm or rational person after a loss.

But after that, every star aligned. We lit it up and with a little help from Arizona and the Cowboys, the Georgia Dome is about to go out in extreme style.

Yea, though I was a rookie and I played as a rookie, with poor run fits and too deep drops and the occasional offsides, through the transformative power of experience, I am no longer a rookie, I am wise beyond the number of games played.

I excel in man coverage and no longer fall for the dreaded double move. I am sure in my tackling and I bring the holy wrath of the big hit to seahawk and packer alike.

And perhaps, if my spirit holds and the brotherhood is strong, then i may play in the most holy of sites, Houston, against the infidels of the other conference, many of whom we have smitten already. 

Praise the Fllying Spaghetti Monster and may I be touched by his noodlely appendages.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Yea, though I was a rookie and I played as a rookie, with poor run fits and too deep drops and the occasional offsides, through the transformative power of experience, I am no longer a rookie, I am wise beyond the number of games played.

I excel in man coverage and no longer fall for the dreaded double move. I am sure in my tackling and I bring the holy wrath of the big hit to seahawk and packer alike.

And perhaps, if my spirit holds and the brothership is strong, then i may play in the most holy of sites, Houston, against the infidels of the other conference, many of whom we have smitten already. 

Praise the Fllying Spaghetti Monster and may I be touched by his noodlely appendages.

FIFY

12 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I said this in another thread but could ANYONE just 4 or 5 weeks ago ever imagined we'd be hosting the conference title. Incredible 

Pretty remarkable how EVERYTHING has fallen into place, starting with the Seahawks loss in overtime to the Cardinals. . . .