Do We Feel More Confident This Week Than We Did in 2012?

Jesus

I was more confident when we faced GB in the divisional round back in 2011. I was certain that the Falcons would win that game. I was shaky with the entire 2012 playoffs, especially after the Seattle game. 

This year, it is not about feeling confident for me. I feel like the Falcons are playing with house money, and anything can happen. I do think that Lady Luck is on our side though.

I do.

Our offense is surgical.

Our defense is a bunch of young, fast, pumped "junkyard dogs" (Ricardo Allen's term) who believe in themselves and their brothers and are playing above their experience.

I know ... Aaron Rodgers blah blah blah.

But AR is not the MVP this year.

OUR guy is.

And now we have a chance to prove it in our house.

I feel confident as ****.

The 2012 team never felt as dominant as the record indicated. The offense was too conservative and Matt leaned on Tony G to the point of it being predictable. Also, Turner had lost most of his explosiveness. The defense always felt like it was just barely hanging on.

This Falcon team has the attitude of a prize fighter. There is an edge that has never been present in a Falcons team before. The offense is a Hydra and Matt is a maestro back there distributing it. The defense is kind of like a baby viper. It's dangerous now, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as it is going to be once it matures.

It's a good time to be a Falcons fan.

3 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Nope.

I'll admit that I think this is a better team though.  I thought we were gonna beat SF though.  Still think we should have.  Kaep never impressed me and I thought we could score on them (which we did).

I don't really think we can stop the Packers offense.  

Well you must not have watched the 2nd half of our gb game this year bc this defense is more than capable 

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well you must not have watched the 2nd half of our gb game this year bc this defense is more than capable 

I did.  I just think that Montgomery and Cobb make them better on offense and their young receivers have improved.

What I will say is they don't seem to play well when corners get physical with them.  Outside of Jordy it's a bunch of lil guys.

4 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I did.  I just think that Montgomery and Cobb make them better on offense and their young receivers have improved.

What I will say is they don't seem to play well when corners get physical with them.  Outside of Jordy it's a bunch of lil guys.

Well our young defenders have improved so... it's a wash.. and we get Coleman back on offense 

Also, I should have said it before, but there's another reason I'm more confident this time ...

And his name is Dan Quinn.

In two years he has completely transformed the identity of this team.

We all could see the difference in how we played yesterday vs. how we played in EVERY play-off game with Smitty.

Quinn's team will be READY. Confident, loose, hungry, and ready.

9 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Also, I should have said it before, but there's another reason I'm more confident this time ...

And his name is Dan Quinn.

In two years he has completely transformed the identity of this team.

We all could see the difference in how we played yesterday vs. how we played in EVERY play-off game with Smitty.

Quinn's team will be READY. Confident, loose, hungry, and ready.

And have a defensive game plan for Rodgers. He had one for Manning and Brady in the Super Bowl. The loss was not on him and the defense.