For those who want tix but don't have $$$$

The buddy who i brought to Saturday's spanking of Seattle has been working the phones and believes that there will be a batch of tickets released early this week. This is how he attended the 2012 NFCCG...several hundred tix for the NFCCG were released on the Tuesday before the game, and were sold via Ticketmaster. He and his wife parked outside the nearest Publix (which is where Ticketmaster has an sales office) with their laptop. They got 2 thru Publix - he warns that trying to use the computer is fool's gold because the system tends to just freeze up and it's nearly impossible to buy them that way.

He is being told by the folks he's in touch with that the same thing will occur this week, likely announced in the paper and on the radio tomorrow, likely a Tuesday release like last time. Because these are not tickets that have already been purchased and are being sold on the secondary market, they won't have jacked up prices, just the usual NFL playoff upcharge. For example, my sec 322 tix were $95 during the regular season, $110 yesterday, and $151 for next Sunday.

Good luck to everyone!

25 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

He and his wife parked outside the nearest Publix (which is where Ticketmaster has an sales office) with their laptop. They got 2 thru Publix - he warns that trying to use the computer is fool's gold because the system tends to just freeze up and it's nearly impossible to buy them that way.

This is a little confusing to me. So did he buy them on his computer sitting in front of Publix or go in and buy them? Since he said using the computer was fool's gold. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

This is a little confusing to me. So did he buy them on his computer sitting in front of Publix or go in and buy them? Since he said using the computer was fool's gold. 

No, they had their laptop with them to increase the options for purchase, but the online portal never did anything until the tix were all sold. One stayed in the car, the other went inside. The one who went inside got tix.

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

No, they had their laptop with them to increase the options for purchase, but the online portal never did anything until the tix were all sold. One stayed in the car, the other went inside. The one who went inside got tix.

So the short of it is they may announce that Ticketmaster has additional tickets and because Publix is a Ticketmaster seller they may be your best bet? 

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

The buddy who i brought to Saturday's spanking of Seattle has been working the phones and believes that there will be a batch of tickets released early this week. This is how he attended the 2012 NFCCG...several hundred tix for the NFCCG were released on the Tuesday before the game, and were sold via Ticketmaster. He and his wife parked outside the nearest Publix (which is where Ticketmaster has an sales office) with their laptop. They got 2 thru Publix - he warns that trying to use the computer is fool's gold because the system tends to just freeze up and it's nearly impossible to buy them that way.

He is being told by the folks he's in touch with that the same thing will occur this week, likely announced in the paper and on the radio tomorrow, likely a Tuesday release like last time. Because these are not tickets that have already been purchased and are being sold on the secondary market, they won't have jacked up prices, just the usual NFL playoff upcharge. For example, my sec 322 tix were $95 during the regular season, $110 yesterday, and $151 for next Sunday.

Good luck to everyone!

If you're in row 1 of section 322, I think I saw you yesterday.

3 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I'm in az so not an option haha, and I just need 1. 

same problem here in VA.  Ticketmaster outlets won't sell these to out of market, so you have to try to get them online, which is basically impossible.  So, if anyone gets to ticketmaster & wants to pick me up a couple when they are getting theirs........

Good advice because the tix are not cheap..........

Falcons, Packers fans scramble for tickets

GREEN BAY – As soon as Mason Crosby's kick cleared the goalposts Sunday night, Packers fans began buying tickets for Sunday's NFL championship game in Atlanta.

They weren't alone. Atlanta Falcons fans flooded to ticket sites as well, since they didn't know they would host the NFC championship until the Cowboys were defeated 34-31 by the Packers on that last-second field goal.

As of Monday  morning, the lowest-price tickets on resale sites ranged from $295 to $327, not including fees. According to TicketIQ, the Falcons-Packers game was the third-most expensive NFC conference championship game in seven years of tracking.

The New England-Pittsburgh AFC championship game is the most expensive, which probably won't change because tickets for that game are scarce.  As of Monday  morning, NFL Ticket Exchange, the official secondary market for the NFL, said it had no tickets remaining. Other secondary market vendors reported prices starting as $325 to $333 per ticket.

SeatGeek's analysis on Monday  determined an average resale price of $484 for the NFC game, which would make it the most expensive Falcons game ever, and $636 for the AFC game.

"There was a huge amount of demand from Falcons fans right after yesterday's game, and that coupled with interest from Packers fans both near and far caused a spike in interest," said Chris Leyden of SeatGeek.

TicketIQ said the Atlanta game is twice as expensive as the 2013 game the Falcons hosted and the most expensive at the Georgia Dome since 2011.

Prices normally come down pretty quickly in tight selling-windows, Leyden said.

"I would expect to see a pretty normal trend after this initial surge, as I would think most Packers fans who are traveling to this game will want to secure tickets today or tomorrow, Leyden said. "The one thing that could impact that is how much of a Packers fan base there is within driving distance, because those could be the fans who are waiting it out to see if prices drop, which may cause more demand than expected at the end of the week."

Last-minute airfares will be more of a cost challenge for Packers fans than game tickets. Flights from Green Bay to Atlanta on Monday morning started at just under $800 per person, based on a Saturday-Monday trip. From Milwaukee to Atlanta, the lowest fare was $416 and from Chicago to Atlanta was $224.

Losses by the Houston Texas and the Cowboys had another effect. The price of Super Bowl tickets dropped $1,000 in 48 hours, Leyden said.

For fans daring to think beyond Atlanta, SeatGeek offers a Super Bowl Ticket Tracker, which provide average price and number of tickets sold on a daily basis.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/news/2017/01/16/falcons-packers-fans-scramble-tickets/96628526/?hootPostID=4634318f50bf4bbc8ec4fc1efe6fc606