the chris chester narrative

jdawg4876

Im so tired of reading that chester has not been playing well, its simply not true. he has been good do we need to find a replacement yes bc of his age, but dude has balled out the lat 4 to 5 weeks, the weakest link of late has been jake matthews and he too has been fine. Matt had plenty of time to throw the ball yesterday, on two of the sacks he held it longer to see if anyone opens. in yrs past the old matt would have thrown it out of bounds

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yes he needs to be upgraded because of his age.What is he 34-35 now if we could squeeze the lemon maybe a season more but I think the coaches know when his time is up and to me right now the tank is running dry.

agree if he has the desire to play one more yr, sign him and start him and let him help groom a 3 to 4th rd RG, unless you think Wes can start there next yr than chester would be awesome back up.

My pt remains he has not been a weak link since after mid season. Folks forget he was coming off surgery before the season started and almost just retired

7 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

agree if he has the desire to play one more yr, sign him and start him and let him help groom a 3 to 4th rd RG, unless you think Wes can start there next yr than chester would be awesome back up.

My pt remains he has not been a weak link since after mid season. Folks forget he was coming off surgery before the season started and almost just retired

O-line wise I think the best way to do it is the draft.

With the idea right now that the nucleus is there.You have Macks and Levetries experience with Schraeder and Matthews as the bookends I'd really love to throw the best G in the draft in there and be set for the next 5 years.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

He's doing better.  He's still much better at run blocking than pass blocking. 

Ryan was getting rid of the ball very quickly yesterday because we didn't expect the line to hold up...you notice very few slow developing deep passes yesterday.

I saw him hold the ball for a while on several plays and climb the pocket which he could bc of mack, andy, and chester

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

He's doing better.  He's still much better at run blocking than pass blocking. 

Ryan was getting rid of the ball very quickly yesterday because we didn't expect the line to hold up...you notice very few slow developing deep passes yesterday.

I dunno man I saw Ryan hold on and step up alot yesterday.

Remember it's hard to get deep shots on that cover 3 defense so Ryan worked the intermediate for the most part and had a lot of 10-20 yard completions.

You know what has me really excited? Whoever we face in the NFCCG will not have nearly the DL the Seahawks did, they arguably have the best DL in the NFC. LBs won't be as good either. The front 7 in general was the best we're going to face from here on out...and I am confident in Ryan to take advantage of whatever secondary he goes up against if he has time.

If our defense can just play average from here on out, not even the dominating effort they gave yesterday, we're Lombardi bound.

*knocks on all the wood in a 100 meter radius*

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

You know what has me really excited? Whoever we face in the NFCCG will not have nearly the DL the Seahawks did, they arguably have the best DL in the NFC. LBs won't be as good either. The front 7 in general was the best we're going to face from here on out...and I am confident in Ryan to take advantage of whatever secondary he goes up against if he has time.

If our defense can just play average from here on out, not even the dominating effort they gave yesterday, we're Lombardi bound.

*knocks on all the wood in a 100 meter radius*

I agree but one thing I agree with skip bayless on god forgive me is the dallas defense. they are actually pretty good just like us but you are right they are not like the seahawks

as far as the best defense left that goes to KC, they are about as good as the seahawks when healthy

38 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

after Schraeder signed his extension, the right side of the line has been on fire. there was about 5 or 6 times yesterday when Chester was 5 to 10 yards downfield blocking. we need to get younger and better at RG but I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as depth for another year.

We drafted his replacement already. Chester won the position battle tho. 

4 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

I agree but one thing I agree with skip bayless on god forgive me is the dallas defense. they are actually pretty good just like us but you are right they are not like the seahawks

as far as the best defense left that goes to KC, they are about as good as the seahawks when healthy

I would actually argue that the best defense left is PIT, they've been playing really, really well as the season has went on. Was mostly just talking about GB and DAL though.

DAL has a solid defense for sure, but their strength is their secondary. That plays to our advantage imho. Ryan's weakness is pressure with the front four, he can pick apart any secondary with time, and if we can stay balanced with the run, this offense is unstoppable.

GB is just...really, really bad defensively.

6 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Dallas defense hasn't really been tested all year. I don't believe them. They've benifited from resting thanks to the offense. 

We stayed in rhythm as a team, but getting the playoff win under the belt bodes well given things like our defense's age and collective experience. Back to work this week. Ryan will get more time to shred whoever we face from here on out with our OL. Pairing them up with a top QB and Shanny orchestrating.. fun to watch 

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We drafted his replacement already. Chester won the position battle tho. 

agreed, I think Wes is gonna be that dude. we've seen this staff develop the heck out of players so why are we worrying about whether or not Wes can fill the role. plus, if there's someone better, then they will play. I love this staff.

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Dallas defense hasn't really been tested all year. I don't believe them. They've benifited from resting thanks to the offense. 

you could be right, but I do like sean lee a lot and Maliek collins, and crawford. They have some very solid DTs, and can get some pressure. just what I see when watching them

6 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

agreed, I think Wes is gonna be that dude. we've seen this staff develop the heck out of players so why are we worrying about whether or not Wes can fill the role. plus, if there's someone better, then they will play. I love this staff.

agree but the one thing that worries me about wes development is he is never active on game day, garland and compton are

5 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

you could be right, but I do like sean lee a lot and Maliek collins, and crawford. They have some very solid DTs, and can get some pressure. just what I see when watching them

Sean Lee is the real deal. My cousin Jeremy mincey was telling me how smart and athletic he is. Very underrated linebacker.