I'm prepared to say...

jidady

10 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Yes. He's had a bigger impact than any other FA signing in history. Bigger than Michael Turner. Bigger than Abe. Bigger than Chandler.

I disagree.

Michael Turner allowed Matt Ryan to develop. Defenses had to worry about stopping our run. That is critical for a young qb. We probably would already have a SB if Abe had help or if he doesn't get hurt in the Panthers Week 17 game or was it TB.

But I will say that he is oe of the most critical signings in the franchise history.

FWIW, I wouldn't put neither above the other. Different era, different positions, different teams.

Edited by The Peregrine

1 minute ago, The Peregrine said:

I disagree. Michael Turner allowed Matt Ryan to develop. Defenses had to worry about stopping our run. That is critical for a young qb. We probably would already have a SB if Abe had help or if he doesn't get hurt in the Panthers Week 17 game or was it TB.

Yeah, I think Michael is probably our #1 free agent signing. If you can think of anybody else when someone is named, maybe they aren't the answer. Turner immediately popped into my mind when I read the OP. But I think we're definitely probably not where we are now without signing Mack.

3 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

I disagree.

Michael Turner allowed Matt Ryan to develop. Defenses had to worry about stopping our run. That is critical for a young qb. We probably would already have a SB if Abe had help or if he doesn't get hurt in the Panthers Week 17 game or was it TB.

But I will say that he is oe of the most critical signings in the franchise history.

FWIW, I wouldn't put neither above the other. Different era, different positions, different teams.

I listed those others because I think they were all huge acquisitions. All were instrumental to Falcons success. 

But none of them led to the Atlanta Falcons setting NFL records, and I don't think the ATL offense would have done so without Mack. That's why I give the nod to him. 

3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

I listed those others because I think they were all huge acquisitions. All were instrumental to Falcons success. 

But none of them led to the Atlanta Falcons setting NFL records, and I don't think the ATL offense would have done so without Mack. That's why I give the nod to him. 

With another competent center, maybe maybe not. The same can be said if we didn't get Turner, that Ryan could've been the next David Carr from the hits he would've been taking because defenses were keying on him. Its not like we had a monster line.

Mud Duck would suffice just fine.

3 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

With another competent center, maybe maybe not. The same can be said if we didn't get Turner, that Ryan could've been the next David Carr from the hits he would've been taking because defenses were keying on him. Its not like we had a monster line.

Mud Duck would suffice just fine.

Had Mud Duck AND Turner on the same team and didn't get close to this offensive proficiency, so I'm not so sure about that claim.

Just now, Kaptain Krazy said:

Had Mud Duck AND Turner on the same team and didn't get close to this offensive proficiency, so I'm not so sure about that claim.

As I stated, different era, different team.

We ran a conservative offense. But make no mistake about it, we were an offensive threat with that squad. Could we have put up these numbers? Probably not. But we didn't run this scheme, playbook, offensive talent/weapons. Not apples to apples.

But I'm not here to arguey dude, just disagreed. 

Just now, The Peregrine said:

As I stated, different era, different team.

We ran a conservative offense. But make no mistake about it, we were an offensive threat with that squad. Could we have put up these numbers? Probably not. But we didn't run this scheme, playbook, offensive talent/weapons. Not apples to apples.

But I'm not here to arguey dude, just disagreed. 

You're doing a fine job of disagreeing ;-)

Unfortunately the list of successful Falcons FA is so small, there are only a few players to argue about.

2 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

You're doing a fine job of disagreeing ;-)

Unfortunately the list of successful Falcons FA is so small, there are only a few players to argue about.

Very true

Btw, I saw Brent Grimes at the game yesterday. It was after the game was over. We were walking towards the exits in opposite directions. He tried to fit in and was being lo-key. No one around knew who he was.

I was like Brent...he dapped me up and said whats up. I asked for a pick but he was like nah and just chunked the deuces, head nodded and proceeded to keep it moving.

I don't think Miko was with him. He didn't want to be noticed. A TB player coming to support the Falcons in the Dome. Haha

My wife didn't believe it was him when I told her, so she called him and he turned around quickly when he heard a beautiful woman's voice.