No matter what happens we had a successful season

MAD597

Of course we want a SB but as fans I'm pretty relieved with the convincing win yesterday. It validated our progress and direction and completely vindicated this season as currently one of the best 4 seasons in Falcons history. From my perspective it is all gravy from here on out. Yes the team itself is focused on winning a SB but as a fan I take great comfort in this point of the season.

Agreed. i know the players and coaches are not satisfied yet and won't be complacent, because they all have the SB in their sights. But as a fan, i'm very pleased and a loss in either of the next two games isn't going to make me feel bad about this season. Disappointed? Sure. But that will be mixed with excitement for 2018. This D is growing up quickly and will be better next year. Heck, they may be better next week!

Edited by Kaptain Krazy

Be honest, Mad, how happy are you right now? And I want details. I want some effusive praise because I remember at every turn you going deby downer about not making the playoffs or backing in and being one and done. Every injury was going to be the catastrophic one that ended the season. Every Tampa Bay win was the one step closer to ending Atlanta's postseason hopes. Every week no matter how bad the opponent you were waiting for Atlanta to be exposed.

So how jazzed were you yesterday watching the Falcons beat up on the Seahawks?

I'm very excited as a fan of the team since the early 80's I've seen great Falcon teams fold like lawn chairs and am pretty happy to have been wrong. The defense came together at the right time and Collins came through when we needed him most when Tru went down. On offense we can win even with injuries which is the exact opposite of other Falcon teams. 

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This offense was this deadly even with a huge hole at RG and the defense is starting, what? 7 rookies and second year starters? This team has what it takes to make a run this year but what makes them very encouraging is that they still have room to improve.

#Quinning :lol:

There is really not a huge hole at RG. Chester is just the weaker one of the group which is magnified by how good the rest have been.

Edited by Asault86

Of course we're all happy...  we weren't supposed to be here yet, yet here we are.

I  don't however think that anyone on the team would say "oh we're satisfied with this".  I know and this group of players probably know that they've got what it takes to go all the way.

Now  is not the time to say "OK I'm satisfied".

It has but opportunities like this don't happen often. You bet your *** Ryan Julio and Babs won't be satisfied. We are the hot team and look like world beaters. I'd be disappointed for sure if we don't go all the way just because we are the best team in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Back on that loser stuff, and the playoffs ain't even over...:(

STUFF all that kind of talk, i want a CHIP!!!  Anything else is a waste...

It's not a chip, it's a ring.

Said before the season started that a successful season was 10 wins and a playoff win, so yeah, really happy with the season. Of course I want two more games, but, been a great season already.

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

It's not a chip, it's a ring.

Said before the season started that a successful season was 10 wins and a playoff win, so yeah, really happy with the season. Of course I want two more games, but, been a great season already.

Image result for diamond chip

As I said in another thread, our time is NOW. Our window is NOW. You never know what the future holds and we are here NOW and have to take advantage of it NOW. 

I mean I'll be glad at the progress but if we don't win the SB this year I'll be just as disappointed as if we were expected to win it this year. I want a REAL victory, not a moral one. 

49 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

See what you're saying but nope. This kind of team comes around to each franchise once in a generation or less. We must, or they must take advantage.

Yes but that is for the "team" to figure out, as a fan I can take comfort in a successful season regardless of what happens next. Me being happy about making to the NFC championship game has no bearing in the team preparing to try and win a SB

13 minutes ago, Hocus_Pocus said:

Yeah, no way. While this team should be in similar form next year, you can't bank on the fact that it will be. We are two games from a championship. Strike while the iron is hot, and finish this thing.

Yes but what does that have to do with us fans being happy with what we have accomplished so far. No harm in being happy just to play in the NFC title game as fans. I have nothing to do with the teams prep or mindset. We are fans and can certainly enjoy this season no matter what happens next.

Man, yall sound soft. Stuck on mediocrity. If we don't win anything else, how in the **** are we better than any other falcons team in history? We aren't because we haven't won anything. I don't care about division winning. I don't care about NFC Champions. I want SUPER BOWL champions. Arthur Blank doesn't want anything but the best. You shouldn't either. All this soft talk and being easy and comfortable without winning anything can be thrown in the garbage. Nonsense.