Jump to content

Matt Ryan doubters


RYNE
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love the new talk from the idiots in the media. Now all of a sudden Matt Ryan has this "great offense around him" and that why he is doing so good. Matt Ryan has a stud receiver and two good running backs. The same thing most teams have. 

No!!! Matt Ryan is playing great because Matt Ryan is playing great. Plain and simple. Matt Ryan is seasoned and is having a career MVP year. You didn't hear anyone saying how great the Falcons offense was prior to this season. 

Same could be said for Kyle Shanahan. Before this season everyone including me was luke warm on Kyle at best. (I mainly didn't like the redzone play calling) Now all of a sudden Kyle is a genius and blah blah blah. It's just so sickening that people just can't give Matt Ryan credit and the falcons team as a whole. 

The only way to change it is for the Falcons to go hoist that Silver trophy on February. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Nah... my favorite is now how he has a good defense... the best he's ever had.

While they could very well turn into that statistically it's not even close.

Oh yeah. I heard this one a few times yesterday as well. "Now he finally has a defense." 

 

Defense is improving. But they aren't carrying this team in any stretch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've watched ESPN today and they seem like they are giving everyone props, including Matt Ryan. Trent was just showing his highlights from yesterday saying wow. Moss talked about WR's, Woodson about the defense. 

The broadcast team sucked and weren't giving Matt his due yesterday, but the narrative today is a bit different. Putting up 36 on the Seahawks in the playoffs is hard to hate on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People just can't stomach it.  Atlanta has always been a whipping boy of the NFL talking heads.  He11, in some years Cleveland has gotten more respect than us.

People just can't admit that right now.  Matt Ryan is the best QB in the NFL.  He has bested every QB he has gone against this year.  He was better than Wilson yesterday.  He will be better than Rodgers next Sunday.  He will be better than Brady in three weeks.

He finally has tools around him equal to the talent these other star QB's have had.  Mainly an Oline that can protect him more than 1.3 seconds before he is hit.  People don't want to admit that Ryan just may now be the best QB in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Nah... my favorite is now how he has a good defense... the best he's ever had.

While they could very well turn into that statistically it's not even close.

Gonna say the same thing. Read that yesterday and couldn't believe it.

If you can't cut Ryan slack for losing with bad defenses, then don't deflect his credit when he has a "good" one (which he doesn't yet). So ridiculous it's funny

Edited by blackredfellow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anybody ever questions him earning the "Ice" name like Stephen A did, point them to that 99 yard drive against the Seahawks.

We are up by 2 with 3:41 left in the first half. We get the ball after halftime. Starting a drive backed up to our own 1 yard line against the most imposing pass defense in the entire league in a Playoff game.

9 passing plays in a row. Not a single running play. 99 yards. TD. Up by 9 making it a 2 possession game with :53 seconds and 2 timeouts to spare. Our very next drive, the first drive of the 2nd half, turned that 2 point lead into 16 before the Seahawks knew what hit them.

Let's not talk about that though. Let's talk about the amazingness of Rodgers throwing a jump ball into the endzone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pzummo said:

If anybody ever questions him earning the "Ice" name like Stephen A did, point them to that 99 yard drive against the Seahawks.

We are up by 2 with 3:41 left in the first half. We get the ball after halftime. Starting a drive backed up to our own 1 yard line against the most imposing pass defense in the entire league in a Playoff game.

9 passing plays in a row. Not a single running play. 99 yards. TD. Up by 9 making it a 2 possession game with :53 seconds and 2 timeouts to spare. Our very next drive, the first drive of the 2nd half, turned that 2 point lead into 16 before the Seahawks knew what hit them.

Let's not talk about that though. Let's talk about the amazingness of Rodgers throwing a jump ball into the endzone. 

I'd like to see him try it against us. Even if someone got their hands on it, they'd be decked so hard in the end zone it would turn into an incompletion.

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pzummo said:

If anybody ever questions him earning the "Ice" name like Stephen A did, point them to that 99 yard drive against the Seahawks.

We are up by 2 with 3:41 left in the first half. We get the ball after halftime. Starting a drive backed up to our own 1 yard line against the most imposing pass defense in the entire league in a Playoff game.

9 passing plays in a row. Not a single running play. 99 yards. TD. Up by 9 making it a 2 possession game with :53 seconds and 2 timeouts to spare. Our very next drive, the first drive of the 2nd half, turned that 2 point lead into 16 before the Seahawks knew what hit them.

Let's not talk about that though. Let's talk about the amazingness of Rodgers throwing a jump ball into the endzone. 

I am so sick of hearing about Rodgers Hail Mary's.  100% BS.  More about a defense not doing their job than the QB doing anything well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I find it funny how many are saying "Yeah, but Ryan also has Taylor Gabriel."

 

As if Gabriel was even a name before coming to Atlanta from Cleveland.

 

People just have a hard time giving credit.

That's exactly the stuff I am talking about. Gabriel wasn't "good enough" to be on the browns.  But now since Ryan is playing well it's because his supporting cast is so great 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AmaZze said:

A lot of our main weapons were on the team last year. Ryan has elevated his play and those around him. This is why he's the MVP.

Ryan had James Stone and Person as his centers last year, this year he has Alex Mack. 

Thats the main difference and it is much bigger than most realize.

The #2 and #3 reasons are called Gabriel and Sanu.

You put Tom Brady in same exact situation last year and this year and Brady would have magically become a better QB this year too. In other words, the problem wasn't Ryan, it never was, never has been.....ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pzummo said:

If anybody ever questions him earning the "Ice" name like Stephen A did, point them to that 99 yard drive against the Seahawks.

We are up by 2 with 3:41 left in the first half. We get the ball after halftime. Starting a drive backed up to our own 1 yard line against the most imposing pass defense in the entire league in a Playoff game.

9 passing plays in a row. Not a single running play. 99 yards. TD. Up by 9 making it a 2 possession game with :53 seconds and 2 timeouts to spare. Our very next drive, the first drive of the 2nd half, turned that 2 point lead into 16 before the Seahawks knew what hit them.

Let's not talk about that though. Let's talk about the amazingness of Rodgers throwing a jump ball into the endzone. 

Meanwhile Seattle has :53 and 3 timeouts. Wilson likes to throw deep and a FG before the half gives them some life. What do they do? Three runs and sprint to the locker room. That was the moment they quit. That was the watershed moment for their franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I am so sick of hearing about Rodgers Hail Mary's.  100% BS.  More about a defense not doing their job than the QB doing anything well.

I would love to talk about it if we were having an honest conversation. This is what the narrative should be.

GB had to punt on 5 consecutive offensive possessions. With GB led by Rodgers having 1:38 left in the half, he goes 2 for 5 passing with the running game helping get them to midfield. Unfortunately, GB had no choice but to make a desperation throw into the endzone. Cobb gets away with a push off in the endzone, resulting in a TD bailing out a very unimpressive drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Meanwhile Seattle has :53 and 3 timeouts. Wilson likes to throw deep and a FG before the half gives them some life. What do they do? Three runs and sprint to the locker room. That was the moment they quit. That was the watershed moment for their franchise.

I couldn't believe they did that. I would be soooo pissed if I saw us do that with 3 timeouts. That was cowardice. That was playing scared, without question. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Ryan had James Stone and Chester as his centers last year, this year he has Alex Mack. 

Thats the main difference and it is much bigger than most realize. The #2 and #3 reasons are called Gabriel and Sanu.

You put Tom Brady in same exact situation last year and this year and Brady would have magically become a better QB this year too. In other words, the problem wasn't Ryan, it never was, never has been.....ever.

I agree. I said this at the beginning of the year there is no question Alex Mack was the best thing we did this offseason. He has made a huge impact that flies under the radar to most people 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although his stats looked good it really didn't tell the whole story.
Matt, could've easily had an interception and a fumble lost because of bad decisions.

To his credit he said during his post game interview with Pam Oliver that there were some mistakes.


At 10:34 of the second quarter, a third an 8 pass for Coleman streaking down the sideline was overthrown.
At 2:40 of same quarter, with a second and ten Matt misses Sanu on a pass.
@ the 1:59 mark before the half Matt misses a pass and Deshawn Shead should have had a pick six.
@ 1:02 of the 2nd quarter Julio has to go to the ground to bring a pass in
@ 14:29 of 3rd quarter, Matt over throws a wide open Gabriel
@ 13:20 of 3rd qtr. Matt misses Robinson on a pass
@ 12:42 of 4th qtr. Matt loses a fumble recovered by team mates while carelessly running with ball.


We all have an opinion so here's mine of Matt Ryan: 1) Matt is a cerebral QB. that doesn't have a cannon for a arm. He will do alright as long as we call plays to his strength. 2) Give Matt the option to audible and 3) run more of the hurry up offense.
Does Matt deserve league MVP? In my opinion based on his overall play, and where he has positioned his team so far this season, YES.

Although I like Matt, he doesn't have the arm of a Breeze, Rogers or Roethlisberger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rn1979 said:

Although his stats looked good it really didn't tell the whole story.
Matt, could've easily had an interception and a fumble lost because of bad decisions.

To his credit he said during his post game interview with Pam Oliver that there were some mistakes.


At 10:34 of the second quarter, a third an 8 pass for Coleman streaking down the sideline was overthrown.
At 2:40 of same quarter, with a second and ten Matt misses Sanu on a pass.
@ the 1:59 mark before the half Matt misses a pass and Deshawn Shead should have had a pick six.
@ 1:02 of the 2nd quarter Julio has to go to the ground to bring a pass in
@ 14:29 of 3rd quarter, Matt over throws a wide open Gabriel
@ 13:20 of 3rd qtr. Matt misses Robinson on a pass
@ 12:42 of 4th qtr. Matt loses a fumble recovered by team mates while carelessly running with ball.


We all have an opinion so here's mine of Matt Ryan: 1) Matt is a cerebral QB. that doesn't have a cannon for a arm. He will do alright as long as we call plays to his strength. 2) Give Matt the option to audible and 3) run more of the hurry up offense.
Does Matt deserve league MVP? In my opinion based on his overall play, and where he has positioned his team so far this season, YES.

Although I like Matt, he doesn't have the arm of a Breeze, Rogers or Roethlisberger.

Welcome to the boards! Seahawks, Cowboys, or Packers fan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Meanwhile Seattle has :53 and 3 timeouts. Wilson likes to throw deep and a FG before the half gives them some life. What do they do? Three runs and sprint to the locker room. That was the moment they quit. That was the watershed moment for their franchise.

Yeah, on seahawks.net there was a thread asking when you knew it was over, and that sequence got a lot of votes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...