Has Mack opened TD's eyes

We finally have a center that brings a firm foundation to our Oline. It's arguably the single biggest factor in our offensive success (considering the weapons we already had). So going forward, Mack probably has 3 more good years with us on his 5 year contract before we need to look for or develop another high end center.. I know about this same time we're going to have to start looking for a Qb also, but has Mack finally opened TD's eyes on how important this position is? I'm already pumped for next weekend, if you re-watch the game keep your eye on Mack. The guy dosnt stop till the whistle blows on every play. That's probably going to be the next jersey I get. 

Edited by aDrunkGuy

I doubt anyone in the organization thought center wasn't important. They did spend a #2, our highest pick that year, on Konz who was supposed to be the best center in the draft. Guys like Mack don't grow on trees. Few teams have good centers let alone great ones.

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I doubt anyone in the organization thought center wasn't important. They did spend a #2, our highest pick that year, on Konz who was supposed to be the best center in the draft. Guys like Mack don't grow on trees. Few teams have good centers let alone great ones.

I think Konz would've looked better in this zone blocking scheme then the more traditional blocking scheme.

3 minutes ago, aDrunkGuy said:

Watching that guy work his *** off last night was awesome. I've never been a real fan of any olineman but I'm ordering his jersey today.. I knew he was good, just something about his play last night turned me into a real fan of his. 

Can you imagine playing on a team for 7 years and never having a winning season?  Mack is all in for this Super Bowl run. 

4 minutes ago, AmaZze said:

I think Konz would've looked better in this zone blocking scheme then the more traditional blocking scheme.

For sure, that is what he ran I college. Once he came here they put him out of position and tried to make him a roadgrader.

1 minute ago, Krosis said:

Can you imagine playing on a team for 7 years and never having a winning season?  Mack is all in for this Super Bowl run. 

I know, I thought about that. Guy was selected several times a pro bowl player on a team that was absolutely horrible. He could have sand bagged but he's a natural hard worker. He definitely gets a tip of the hat from me. I hope he really enjoys being a Falcon, but I think he would work his *** off anywhere he played 

Yeah as happy as I am for all of us and our long suffering players, I am so happy to see a guy like Mack come here and get what he deserves.  He reminds me of all the poor guys who played their butts off here their entire career only to have nothing but disappointment and losing as their memory of their NFL careers. I have often felt so sorry for guys who wasted their careers in this cesspool.

Such a different organization and team now.  It's really hard to believe this is us out there now.

Pinch me and tell me this is not a dream.

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

I was reading somewhere someone's opinion was that we might do this. Can't remember where I read it though.

Dan Feeney, tevin Coleman's old RG from Indiana would give us the best line in football if he lived up to expectations. Everyone would be 31 or younger so Matt could ride them out the rest of his/Julio's career

If I was in charge of this team my number 1 priority this off season would be signing Ron Leary from Dallas to be our new RG. I wanted him last year when Dallas was looking to trade him after they signed Lael Collins. He is young and one of the better guards in the league. Perfect fit.

Then I would also draft a guard in the 3rd and solidify this line for years to come. 

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Obviously TD's eyes were already open because he got Mack before Mack came in here and dominated.

Idk why, but I always thought Quinn had a bigger hand in going after Mack. Have nothing to back that up with, just never thought TD would have went after him if Smith was still here