Why be scared of Aaron Rodgers?

Spts1

Seriously. All this " avoid " Green Bay talk. To be the best, you don't shy away from anybody. I rather the Falcons have home field advantage again in the dome with that home crowd and feed off that, than to go to Dallas.  Who is Green Bay?  They got to worry about the Falcons offense. They can't really run the football.  Aaron done had a nice little run, but this ain't the Giants and Odell Fakeup junior and the Miami crew, this the Falcons.  Atlanta is too physical for Green Bay. Bring them on...

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Seriously. All this " avoid " Green Bay talk. To be the best, you don't shy away from anybody. I rather the Falcons have home field advantage again in the dome with that home crowd and feed off that, than to go to Dallas.  Who is Green Bay?  They got to worry about the Falcons offense. They can't really run the football.  Aaron done had a nice little run, but this ain't the Giants and Odell Fakeup junior and the Miami crew, this the Falcons.  Atlanta is too physical for Green Bay. Bring them on...

I would rather take on GB here in the dome but we will be alright either way. Team has been better on the road and Ryan super-saiyan at home. 

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

^ THIS!

I agree with your thoughts on never backing down. But there is a certain level of concern when playing Rodgers because he can dice you up unlike any other QB in the league. He can kill you with his arm which is one thing... but how he really kills defenses is when he scrambles to convert 3rd downs or creates time for his receivers to get open with his ridiculous pocket awareness/mobility. 

46 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I'd like to host the NFC Championship again and here's something to think about with Dallas. 

Their 2 rookies aren't really rookies and by tomorrow they're going to have playoff experience.

1)  Green Bay is on a hot streak

2) Erin Rojers (I don't like the guy so that's how I purposely spell his name to troll my packer friends) is far better than Dak Prescott

3) 2010 playoff flash backs of Rojers going crazy in the GA Dome...

although after seeing them last week and with Nelson being out, I don't see them really as big as a threat as I originally did heading into the playoffs.  Honestly I want Dallas to win so I can watch the Falcons vs. Cowboys next week with my Cowboy friends (haven't seen them in a while).

Edited by Golden State Dirty Bird

1 minute ago, Steel City Falcon said:

I agree with your thoughts on never backing down. But there is a certain level of concern when playing Rodgers because he can dice you up unlike any other QB in the league. He can kill you with his arm which is one thing... but how he really kills defenses is when he scrambles to convert 3rd downs or creates time for his receivers to get open with his ridiculous pocket awareness/mobility. 

This the thing. Russell Wilson is the SAME quarterback because of the scrambling. I knew coming into the game that Russell was gonna get yardage by stepping up into the middle of the Falcons defense. ( Quinn purposely gives  you that running lane.)  The Falcons survived that. Rodgers is not gonna step up as much. He is more East to West.  Thats where the Falcons strength is with their team speed on defense.  Also, they will stick with the receivers long enough. It just like playing against Russell Wilson...

Rodger's stats look gaudy from last week, but I think people forgot just how well the Giants stopped Rodgers in the first half of the game. They had many coverage sacks and, if they kept him contained, severely limited his playmaking ability. Most of Rodgers great plays came off of some 8+ second plays on what I would consider some holding by the O-line but whatever

It was only after the Giants defense had stayed on the field essentially all game that Rodgers started really carving them up, but by then the Giants D was gassed.

Compare Packers offense which stalled significantly in the first half and slowly accelerated in the final quarter to our Offense which was on a rampage all game.

Edited by likeriver

Just now, slickgadawg said:

This the thing. Russell Wilson is the SAME quarterback because of the scrambling. I knew coming into the game that Russell was gonna get yardage by stepping up into the middle of the Falcons defense. ( Quinn purposely gives  you that running lane.)  The Falcons survived that. Rodgers is not gonna step up as much. He is more East to West.  Thats where the Falcons strength is with their team speed on defense.  Also, they will stick with the receivers long enough. It just like playing against Russell Wilson...

I get what you're saying and I fully agree. I actually really liked how Quinn used Campbell to suto spy Wilson last night. I would assume he would apply the same logic to Rodgers or Dak.

Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic if the Falcons get a home game in the NFC Championship. I just hate going against Aaron Rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

Matt Ryan would like to have a word with you....

I think 2010 has a lot to do with peoples' attitudes about seeing Twinkletoes come back to the dome.  

I'm torn.  I think Dallas is obviously a more complete team and if we face them, it's in their house.  And while I'm not crazy about seeing Rodgers again (because he can beat you all by himself), I do like the dome mojo, and home cooking.  I would rather play the Packers here than the Boys there.

But I don't think Green Bay is winning today regardless.  They'd have to really play incredible defense against the Cowboys line, and I don't see that happening.  Especially with Jordy Nelson down. I expect Dallas to be rested and ready, and I predict a really big game from Zeke Elliot.

Pack your bags, Falcons.  You're Dallas bound.

50 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Agreed.  Also, I would like to see Falcons and Matt Ryan beat Aaron Rogers/Packers and Tom Brady/Patriots and stick it in the earhole of all the media doubters of Matt Ryan.

Because he's Arron Rodgers period. He can and has won games on his own. Any game he plays he's a threat there's a reason he's been the best in the NFL for years. That whole beat the best to be the best never made sense to me. Say what you want but I'll take the path if least resistance which in my opinion is a rookie qb. I'll take the cowboys in Dallas 10 out of ten times in this scenario. Before you flame me it's not doubt of the ability of our team, or being scared, I just believe it's the best odds on the road to the Super Bowl. 

21 minutes ago, falcon1fan said:

Because he's Arron Rodgers period. He can and has won games on his own. Any game he plays he's a threat there's a reason he's been the best in the NFL for years. That whole beat the best to be the best never made sense to me. Say what you want but I'll take the path if least resistance which in my opinion is a rookie qb. I'll take the cowboys in Dallas 10 out of ten times in this scenario. Before you flame me it's not doubt of the ability of our team, or being scared, I just believe it's the best odds on the road to the Super Bowl. 

Urban Myer approves your message...Thats why i never liked Ohio State.  Half their schedule are cream puffs, EVERY year...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg