Alford makes big play against Devin Hester...

Spts1

Everybody is in a uproar about how good Hester still is, but the tackle by Alford on one of those returns showed the speed he has and why he is my favorite Falcon defender. Most people would've given up on that play, but Alford stayed with it and walked him down...

Go to 25 second mark...

5 minutes ago, Sir Joe™ said:

It was a good hustle play but I wouldn't say "big", they scored on the very next play sure with Alford holding on to Baldwin for dear life.

Run down Hester after 60 yards you would be tired as well. It's probably why they lined Baldwin up against him.  It's football strategy. We line up Gabriel and Robinson on Sherman to wear him down then sick Julio on him. It happens. 

Just now, FentayeJones said:

Rocky was probably gassed after having to run down Hester.

Exactly. It was all good. Trust me, nobody on the Falcons, coaches, players, ball boys, were upset with Alford for giving up that touchdown after the way he walked Hester down on the previous play...

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Hustle plays are ALWAYS big... It spreads thru out a good team...

Image result for dan quinn falcons gif

I'd define 'big' as game altering plays. Neither the subsequent TD or had that been run back would have made a difference, that's just my view.

Good hustle just to me, which isn't a bad thing of course.

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Everybody is in a uproar about how good Hester still is, but the tackle by Alford on one of those returns showed the speed he has and why he is my favorite Falcon defender. Most people would've given up on that play, but Alford stayed with it and walked him down...

Go to 25 second mark...

Yes, that was very impressive. Unfortunately, it also directly led to the touchdown on the following play, this was a coaching break down, not Alford's  fault at all. Honestly, the only thing he could've done was call a time out.Honestly, the only thing he could've done was call a time out.