Visual Evidence: Richard "the Cheating Chicken" Sherhen

MACK4ttACK

This play got my goat. People were celebrating Hester's "return ability" on that long "return" before big Ben had the safety.

The play got a flag for holding at the line of scrimmage but you have to be crapping me to tell me that Chicken Shermen  did not hold #16 and throw him down from behind just as he attempts to make the tackle.

There was a ref STANDING RIGHT THERE but he was not even looking. Sherhen was watching the ref to see if he could commit the illegal holding and guess what he "got away with it" and IT WAS A 70 YARD RETURN? Just more evidence of the Refs doing a poor job.

source.gif

Edited by MACK4ttACK

14 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

From what you posted, the only call I could see would be "block in the back" by Sherman.  It would be hard to tell for that ref to actually see a block in the back and I think Hardy could have been flagged for tripping.

Go back and re-watch the game. On the replay of the return, it's clearly holding as Sherman is grabbing up near the shoulder pads and pulling on him blatantly.

When watching live that's what I thought the flag was. Looked pretty obvious to me had a fistful of jersey. Even on a  Julio 'drop' Sherman definitely had him wrapped around the waste. It was hilarious on one play where 2 or 3 defenders just have to hold on as the WRs make their breaks.. they couldn't hang with us, period.

2 hours ago, MACK4ttACK said:

This play got my goat. People were celebrating Hester's "return ability" on that long "return" before big Ben had the safety.

The play got a flag for holding at the line of scrimmage but you have to be crapping me to tell me that Chicken Shermen  did not hold #16 and throw him down from behind just as he attempts to make the tackle.

There was a ref STANDING RIGHT THERE but he was not even looking. Sherhen was watching the ref to see if he could commit the illegal holding and guess what he "got away with it" and IT WAS A 70 YARD RETURN? Just more evidence of the Refs doing a poor job.

source.gif

Now some of those crying about ST instead of celebrating a win would realize this maybe they can enjoy this victory.