See If You Can Spot The Moment Fear Sets In

Since people will be wanting to talk about respect, figured I'd post this. Love this comment section on the Cowboys blog.

It started with some admitting they hadn't seen us, naturally - not exactly big on the national stage.

cboy1_zps2kziaqor.png

Then the first drive happened, and they looked like TATF, calling the D garbage, etc...

cboy2_zpsn7t4muz1.png

...except for one person, who suggested something that sounds familiar to us Falcon fans...

cboy3_zps3ryl3ang.png

And they got the first taste of our offense...

cboy4_zpsh3oja6bj.png

Followed by a bit of boredom, still thinking Seattle had it in the bag...

cboy5_zpsv5xqhdas.png

And then, the most hilarious safety of all time. A beaut. The game changer.

cboy6_zps9jqamqbe.png

And things started taking off...

cboy7_zpslxnpy5lr.png

And further...

cboy8_zpsksdatapb.png

...a little louder, now...

cboy9_zpsjzzric7l.png

The first fear comments...

cboy10_zps2scy88rm.png

And then this, think it was after Free's TD, when Bennett threw his fit.

cboy11_zpsebhnzjj3.png

Everyone watched these Birds. They went on the National Stage and showed the everyone who the helI Dan Quinn's Falcons really are. Gonna start getting that respect you crave (imo we've been getting a good bit, but yeah, it's gonna amp up)

tl;dr - went from blatant optimism, thinking our D was garbo, especially at the first drive, to grudging respect for our offense, to shaky fear and outright "wow this team is good." Ye buddy.

Its funny because you can throw up stats all day and say "best ever at this, best ever at that" but until you actually see it for yourself you won't believe it. I think that's what happened today with a lot of people. Think about it, our MNF game went head to head with the first Presidential debate. No way in heck people were gonna watch that. Our 2nd prime time game was a Thursday night game and those games are known to be stinkers. So the only time fans of another team saw us was if we played their team. 

I read tweets from people saying "Hey I had no clue Atl's offense was this good." Seeing is believing. The Cowboys have been forced down our throats so of course we're jumping up and down yelling "Hold on, this team ain't better than ours" but they'll see should they win. They will see.

As far as the defense I knew they would settle down. We have a young defense so jitters are expected. I'll give Seattle props, they punched us in the mouth that first drive. It was hard not to think "Oh here we go again" but they got stronger and better as the game went on.  

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And this is why I was saying screw all that "we don't get any respect" nonsense. We're taking it. We haven't done anything to have national respect so this year we're snatching teams hearts. THIS is how you take respect. All the way to the SB. 

yo @TheFatboi it looks like this young defense just didn't know any better. and mayne, I've been big on Brooks Reed but dude was going bananas today and I loved it. even Babs was making tackles instead of whiffing. it feels good to be in a house full of "other" fans and watch them get more and more nervous as the game went on

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

And this is why I was saying screw all that "we don't get any respect" nonsense. We're taking it. We haven't done anything to have national respect so this year we're snatching teams hearts. THIS is how you take respect. All the way to the SB. 

I would be shocked if we did not drop 35 on either the cowboys or the Packers..... if we get the packers I think a 40 burger would be very possible..

We  played awesome today but  we left a lot on the field..... if we can cut that down and not leave as many points on the field.... there is not a team that can stop us.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

The scarey thing about the defense is it's going to get better and better.The more talent we add it will hopefully match the offense.

When we control tempo the offense is a juggernaut say what you like but no ones stopping us.

Nobody except the salary cap. Thanks for posting OP.