Congrats Matt Ryan

atlbaby

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating:

I am so proud of Matt right now I could literally shed a tear or two.

I've watched this guy for 12 years now and always had to listen to how he folds in the big moment.

All the while knowing that this is a 3-phase game and he often had to do more than his fair share.

Well, today ... for any moron still doubting ... Matt Ryan f***ing arrived.

He put this team on his back today. Defense was shaky in the beginning (although then they really dialed it up!) and special teams was just abysmal throughout.

But he never batted an eye today. 99 yard TD drive? No problem. All-out blitz? No problem, will get a gigantic gain to Freeman. Seahawks still hanging on? No problem, awesome throw and catch to Sanu.

The best performance against the Seahawks D in the Pete Carroll era.

H*LL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Calm down guys. Yeah he played well, but I'm reserving my enthusiasm until we go to the Super Bowl. We beat the Seahawks in the playoffs before. Still two more games until his playoff record breaks even.

Take the wet blanket off. Live. This is good. PFFFFFFFTTTTTTHHHHH!

7 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Calm down guys. Yeah he played well, but I'm reserving my enthusiasm until we go to the Super Bowl. We beat the Seahawks in the playoffs before. Still two more games until his playoff record breaks even.

I agree, but that's not really the point of this thread. We're just celebrating Matt Ryan's maturation into an incredible QB, one of the league's best. If he doesn't win it all he'll have his share of haters, but after tonight's elite performance I'm sure many media pundits and fans nationwide see Ryan in a different light.

I mean, when you look at the highlights for this game, it might actually be his best game of the whole season. Some of those throws under heavy duress were lights out.

Edited by likeriver

9 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I don't see any reason why he won't play as well or better against Dallas or Green Bay.  So while the rest of Atlanta is amped up, you can 'reserve your enthusiasm'.

44 minutes ago, papachaz said:

but but but, he'd only won ONE playoff game!?!?!!1111???

before today that is. 

Now they will say he's only beaten one team. Critical thinking fails when haters have agendas. They know that it's time to change the questions when you have the answers.

Stephen-A-Smith-facepalm-645x356.jpg

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

Now they will say he's only beaten one team. Critical thinking fails when haters have agendas. They know that it's time to the questions when you have the answers.

Stephen A. actually picked us to win this game. Max and McNabb picked Seattle. 

2 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Now they will say he's only beaten one team. Critical thinking fails when haters have agendas. They know that it's time to change the questions when you have the answers.

yeah, but both times, wasn't their D supposed to be one of the best in the league? no better team to have your wins against. Besides, by the time this season is over, he should be at 4-4 with a Lombardi and an MVP on his resume'