Work vs. Falcons football

Sitting here right before bed thinking about tomorrow. Just a little story for you guys.... as soon as the 2nd seed was locked up and the playoff schedule came out I looked at my work calendar and went F***!!!

The only possible time slot (early Sat game) that could be a conflict with my work schedule and we got that one! (Still surprised a bit that the NFL execs put NE on prime time because realistically any of the opponents they would have had after Wild Card weekend would be a team with a replacement level QB) 

Long story short... Took a day off from work (with a full schedule list of patients from 10am-5pm EST to boot!) so I don't miss pregame and kickoff... win or lose, I know it was the right decision. 

Who else is giving up something this weekend to focus all their energy on this game? 

My final thoughts about the game as a whole since reading all the "expert" opinions being generally lopsided in the Falcons favor... the game is still 60 minutes long with an oblong shaped ball that can bounce any sort of way! I'm hoping for a win but regardless we should be proud of the team this season. I just hope IF the Falcons lose it's due to Seattle clearly being the better team and not some other forces / fluke plays / bad calls. 

#inbrotherhood 

- FFiT

1 hour ago, FalconsfaninTORONTO said:

Long story short... Took a day off from work (with a full schedule list of patients from 10am-5pm EST to boot!) so I don't miss pregame and kickoff... win or lose, I know it was the right decision. 

You are a true Falcons fan and a great American! :tiphat:

You take the day off or skip whatever else is going on. I haven't missed a live falcons game on tv since direct tv Sunday ticket came out. I refuse. On Sunday when Atlanta plays I don't exist to the outside world. 

About 8 years ago I actually was about an hour and a half away from where I live and had to go to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Had the surgery around 11 pm. Falcons played the next day at noon. Woke up asked the doctor when I would be out he said mid afternoon. I just laughed at him and said 10:00 am I'm out the door. End of story. To make a long story short He said it wasn't possible I proved him wrong and by 10 am I was on my way home to watch the game at noon. At 11:55 I was crawling up the stairs of my house. Didn't miss a snap. 

2 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

It's called a "DVR". Record the game, buy some earplugs and tune out the world until you get to watch it while the rest of us are rolling over celebrating and drunk...

exactly, that girl will only be 6 one year of her life. Having dad there to watch is way more important than a football game you can record and watch later

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

You take the day off or skip whatever else is going on. I haven't missed a live falcons game on tv since direct tv Sunday ticket came out. I refuse. On Sunday when Atlanta plays I don't exist to the outside world. 

About 8 years ago I actually was about an hour and a half away from where I live and had to go to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Had the surgery around 11 pm. Falcons played the next day at noon. Woke up asked the doctor when I would be out he said mid afternoon. I just laughed at him and said 10:00 am I'm out the door. End of story. To make a long story short He said it wasn't possible I proved him wrong and by 10 am I was on my way home to watch the game at noon. At 11:55 I was crawling up the stairs of my house. Didn't miss a snap. 

:lol:

hope we won

Had to switch to night shift at the hospital for tonight and tomorrow night in order to be home during the game so hence being awake now but hey!  This is what we live for! 

Second best thing to actually being at the game but atleast got to fly in for the weekend and witness the beating of the 'aints 2 weeks ago #RiseUp