Potential Last Game At GA Dome - Deja Vu? Check This Out!

Want some Deja-Vu?  Tomorrow's game in the Georgia Dome can very well likely be the last game in that facility unless these TWO scenarios happen and that's if Atlanta wins and GB wins in Dallas. 

Roll the tape back to the 1991 season.  This was the last year Atlanta played in Fulton County Stadium.  The last game played there was none other than the Falcons vs Seahawks Atlanta won that game 26-13 to secure a wild card despite losing the regular season game at Dallas 31-27.  They went on to beat the Saints 27-20 at the Superdome before losing against a very good Redskins team in Washington 24-7 to complete that season.  It should also be noted that the Redskins went on to beat Buffalo that year in the Super Bowl.

IF tomorrow, we beat Seattle and Dallas wins, we'll have played our last game in the Georgia Dome and will play an away game in Dallas only this time for the NFC title. We can only hope that if this scenario plays out, that unlike in 1991, that we go to Dallas and WIN the NFC title.  It just seemed very odd that I went through curious about our last game in our old house and found this information.  I do remember beating the Saints that year in the playoffs.  Chris Miller was the Falcons QB and also prior to that season, Atlanta had drafted Brett Favre in the draft. 

More Info: 

Atlanta Fulton County Stadium - Playoff Records  Home Games 2 - Record 1-1

1978 - Hosted Wild Card Playoff vs Eagles - Falcons 14 - Eagle 13  (Lost at Dallas 27-20 next week)

1980 - Lost vs Dallas 27-20 in playoffs at home.

Georgia Dome - Playoff Records  Home Games 5* (Before tomorrow)

1998 - Beat 49ers 20-18 (Would beat Vikings and lose to Broncos in SB)

2004 - Beat Rams 47-17 (Lost to Eagles in NFCCG)

2010 - Lost to GB 48-21

2012 - Beat Seattle 30-28 (Lost at home to 49ers 28-24)

2016 - Seattle? 

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

good grief, just read the post. do you read so slowly that you can't read three short, VERY interesting paragraphs before bedtime?

I guess the bottom line is that some people cannot appreciate when the Falcons do host a playoff game. Tomorrow will only be the 7th home game playoff the Falcons have hosted as a franchise in 51 seasons. That does make it so much more important to try and make up for so many years of falling short.  And some people wonder why the Falcons' franchise doesn't get any respect. 

Edited by falconfansince66

Just now, falconfansince66 said:

I guess the bottom line is that some people cannot appreciate when the Falcons do host a playoff game. Tomorrow will only be the 7th home game playoff the Falcons have hosted as a franchise in 51 seasons. That does make it so much more important to try and make up for so many years of falling short.  

well, isn't the whole point of coming to a message board, to read posts and post responses? I mean is he on a 'pitch count' as for paragraphs? not the first time I've seen that, and it just makes me wonder. If someone doesn't want to "READ" news and info, why come to a message board? man there have been some really weird posts this week to be going into the playoffs and being one of the most exciting historical seasons ever for the Falcons

Just now, papachaz said:

well, isn't the whole point of coming to a message board, to read posts and post responses? I mean is he on a 'pitch count' as for paragraphs? not the first time I've seen that, and it just makes me wonder. If someone doesn't want to "READ" news and info, why come to a message board? man there have been some really weird posts this week to be going into the playoffs and being one of the most exciting historical seasons ever for the Falcons

No doubt.  I don't start many threads but thought this info was thread worthy given our history and such.  Just seemed so weird too.  As anyone can see, Dallas (and GB) have been our achille's heel in the playoffs and a win tomorrow guarantees us a game against either one in which we can get some way overdue payback! 

9 hours ago, papachaz said:

Change your tampon

4 hours ago, BigBhang said:

Change your tampon

that the best you got? Oh never mind, no point responding with more than three words to you, you're too lazy to read that much, still makes me wonder why even bother coming to a message board if you're too lazy to READ, it's kind of the whole point, ya know?