Is It Me....

Jesus

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

...Or does this feel like the most anticipated game in franchise history. Well maybe the super bowl but it feels like the Falcons vs the world tomorrow, as if this team has a lot to prove.

I feel the same way. ..I almost want to call it redemption Saturday. ..no one believes in us...a win would absolutely make the naysayers eat crow. .I want to win..I want to go to the Superbowl. .but I absolutely want to see peoples reaction and comments if we pull this off..

"Brotherhood Baby"

This has been the L.O.N.G.E.S.T. W.E.E.K. E.V.E.R. Seriously, it dragged by. Felt like I was counting the actual seconds at work sometimes. (And I love my job, that's not a usual thing for me.)

I've never anticipated any Falcons game like this (wasn't a fan yet during the one previous Super Bowl).

I KNOW we can do this. I KNOW we can win the whole thing this year. I KNOW it.

And I can't wait to get started.

We look back on it now clouded by jaded memories, but being the #1 seed in 2010 and 2012 was a really big deal and those postseasons were just as filled with anticipation and expectations as this year. 

I remember standing and screaming with 70k others when ATL went up 17-0 on SF and nearly everyone in the Dome was thinking (and/or saying) "Falcons learned their lesson last week, no way they let the 9ers back in this, we're headed to the Super Bowl!"

I'm excited for tomorrow because I've watched live and feel confident that this team is in a much better place in terms of offensive diversity and defensive athleticism. But in terms of just plain "anticipation," the 2008-2012 run was just as exciting, we just don't remember it that way because the team failed.

12 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I feel the same way. ..I almost want to call it redemption Saturday. ..no one believes in us...a win would absolutely make the naysayers eat crow. .I want to win..I want to go to the Superbowl. .but I absolutely want to see peoples reaction and comments if we pull this off..

"Brotherhood Baby"

Well stroked Sir!

7 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

What is this "no one believes in us" stuff?  A lot of people are picking us to win this game.

More people are picking the Falcons than picking the Seahawks. The line (5.5) is beyond the 3pts usually assumed of home teams. Even as the #2 seed, the Falcons are the SB choice of several pundits. 

I do think the D is not believed in. And I have a feeling that may change after tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

More people are picking the Falcons than picking the Seahawks. The line (5.5) is beyond the 3pts usually assumed of home teams. Even as the #2 seed, the Falcons are the SB choice of several pundits. 

I do think the D is not believed in. And I have a feeling that may change after tomorrow.

Agreed.  I don't know if I believe in this D.  I HOPE that changes after tomorrow.

If we win tomorrow, it's going to be a lot of "Aaron Rodgers is too hot for that Falcons D" or "Dallas is on a roll." I think everyone picking the Falcons is more about how bad the Seahawks have been recently. If Seattle only has 10 points going into the 4th tomorrow, this one will be over. 

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

trying to figure out if there's a Freudian slip in there or not.....:airquote:

I dunno. I am edgy tho.

Anyway, that what all my X-wifes and Girl friends say.

Happy to be with my Yorkie these days.

He is cool with my behaviors, even while watching Falcon games....Well, he has been known to leave the area during the games for some reason.

31 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

We look back on it now clouded by jaded memories, but being the #1 seed in 2010 and 2012 was a really big deal and those postseasons were just as filled with anticipation and expectations as this year. 

I remember standing and screaming with 70k others when ATL went up 17-0 on SF and nearly everyone in the Dome was thinking (and/or saying) "Falcons learned their lesson last week, no way they let the 9ers back in this, we're headed to the Super Bowl!"

I'm excited for tomorrow because I've watched live and feel confident that this team is in a much better place in terms of offensive diversity and defensive athleticism. But in terms of just plain "anticipation," the 2008-2012 run was just as exciting, we just don't remember it that way because the team failed.

Well said.  We should have played Baltimore in the Super Bowl.  Just being honest though...Roddy was mugged by Navarro Bowman worse than Julio by Sherman.  

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Well said.  We should have played Baltimore in the Super Bowl.  Just being honest though...Roddy was mugged by Navarro Bowman worse than Julio by Sherman.  

But Gonzo was wide open in the end zone.

32 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If we win tomorrow, it's going to be a lot of "Aaron Rodgers is too hot for that Falcons D" or "Dallas is on a roll." I think everyone picking the Falcons is more about how bad the Seahawks have been recently. If Seattle only has 10 points going into the 4th tomorrow, this one will be over. 

With GB and Dallas having bigger media markets it would actually gain the the networks more publicity by picking against either of the two at this point in the playoffs imho