Gabriel, Coleman, Hooper

DCBird33

So follow me a bit here. Everyone is aware of the likes of Julio, Devonta and even Sanu to an extent as our #2 WR. One of these three - Coleman, Gabriel, or Hooper - is likely to be the one who has a breakout playoff performance for us if we are to advance. There could be arguments for Aldrick Robinson and even Levine Toilolo as well, but I think it is more likely to come from the 3 I mentioned previously. So who is it? Who do you see as the best secondary weapon in this weekends game?

I am gonna say that Tevin has the breakout. Similar to the way we utilized him against Denver I see him catching 5+ balls and making a couple of high impact plays. His speed attacking the seam routes and wheel routes could make the difference.

Who you got? 

I as well say Tevin , there's just no way that a linebacker can keep up with him . And Also .., I hope some fans done get impatient with the running game . There's gonna be some plays where there is little or no yardage . Seattle is good against the run . Just keep running and wear the defense down 

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

I as well say Tevin , there's just no way that a linebacker can keep up with him . And Also .., I hope some fans done get impatient with the running game . There's gonna be some plays where there is little or no yardage . Seattle is good against the run . Just keep running and wear the defense down 

I wouldn't say there's no way. Coleman kept up with him in camp and Wagner is just as fast as Campbell. Depends on how they play is. A lot of zone or a lot of man. 

It will all depend on how the Hawks play us. They play Cover 3 like we do and it's not a defense that necessarily takes a person away. It's simply designed to keep plays underneath. The weakness is the seam and underneath. We will stress the seam like we did last game if they play cover 3. If they play man it will be more difficult. Their linebackers are faster than denvers so don't expect Coleman to just run wild. They also don't blitz as much as Denver does. I'd say it's Gabriel tho. He has the ability to take the top off from the slot and he'd be facing their 3rd or 4th best wr in the slot if they play man. 

I don't know if I'd say "Breakout" but, I'm going Free. That touchdown he had in the 9ers game after the goal-line fumble showed me he's got another gear. He hit like 5 guys and should've been stopped each time but just wouldn't be refused. 

If Free goes into his gear and JJ goes into his Green Bay gear (that time he took over the game) and they both can maintain that, we'll have nothing to fear the rest of the way. 

We all know losing Thomas hurts that secondary, so I would think Gabriel + Hooper on a couple post routes (ala Roddy in 2012 playoff game) would be interesting.  

But I fully expect Julio to be the one who has the big game for us. 

Edited by Vandy