Jump to content

Trying to find forgotten 80s fight song


tikibar
 Share

Recommended Posts

There was an an awesome old timer team fight song that was played in Fulton Co stadium, and I've been unsuccessful at finding it on YouTube. Would love any help finding it.

Lyrics as best I remember:

go atlanta Falcons win, down the field to vic'try, fight until the end, go atlanta Falcons win, go -fight- win. Go atlanta (music), fight Falcons (music), win (music). F-a-l-c-o-n-s, go atlanta Falcons win, go-fight-win.

thanks again in advance if any help might dig this one up. Cheers and GO FALCONS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off topic, sorry but..

Anyone who attends home games... do they still do that "go falcons go" thing at kick off that they were trying to start up a few years ago? , I remember many here thinking it was lame, but I thought it was pretty cool. I never hear it though on tv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fight songs ARE cheesy but they can also be pretty cool if everyone participates. Objectively speking, J-e-t-s, Fly Eagles Fly, Fight for Old DC, Bears Chicago Bears are very much outdated.

The problem we face is thier fans have being doing these songs for decades, they grew up on it are used to it (same principle that makes so many goofy college traditions so fun to participate in) while we try to force feed some something new across to our fans everybody just kind of sits on their hands and looks weirdly at anyone who gets into it.

Chants on the other hand seem to work pretty well, Panthers seem to have had some success with "keep pounding" and the Vikings pretty much just stole the Skul chant from the Euros over the summer but its really cool and works. Go Pack Go, and Who Dat,  are also pretty easy. We just need something a little more unique than Go Falcons Go, and more importantly fans gotta buy into it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Fight songs ARE cheesy but they can also be pretty cool if everyone participates. Objectively speking, J-e-t-s, Fly Eagles Fly, Fight for Old DC, Bears Chicago Bears are very much outdated.

The problem we face is thier fans have being doing these songs for decades, they grew up on it are used to it (same principle that makes so many goofy college traditions so fun to participate in) while we try to force feed some something new across to our fans everybody just kind of sits on their hands and looks weirdly at anyone who does.

Chants on the other hand seem to work pretty well, Panthers seem to have had some success with "keep pounding" and the Vikings pretty much just stole the Skul chant from the Euros over the summer but its really cool and works. Go Pack Go, and Who Dat,  are also pretty easy. We just need something a little more unique than Go Falcons Go, and more importantly fans gotta buy into it

What this guy said. I think it's cool to have a culture and identity. I think that's why Dirty Birds has stuck around so long. It's all we got lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was the Falcons marketing director  I'd invite my Hawks and Braves  (and Atl United) counterparts to a lunch and jointly try to come up with something that could be sold to the whole base, then subtley push it it through social media. It's far more likely to catch if the Big 3 are all pushing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Fight songs ARE cheesy but they can also be pretty cool if everyone participates. Objectively speking, J-e-t-s, Fly Eagles Fly, Fight for Old DC, Bears Chicago Bears are very much outdated.

The problem we face is thier fans have being doing these songs for decades, they grew up on it are used to it (same principle that makes so many goofy college traditions so fun to participate in) while we try to force feed some something new across to our fans everybody just kind of sits on their hands and looks weirdly at anyone who gets into it.

Chants on the other hand seem to work pretty well, Panthers seem to have had some success with "keep pounding" and the Vikings pretty much just stole the Skul chant from the Euros over the summer but its really cool and works. Go Pack Go, and Who Dat,  are also pretty easy. We just need something a little more unique than Go Falcons Go, and more importantly fans gotta buy into it

"Rise Up!".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

"Rise Up!".

This is the best one we got going for us right now. Problem is I think it took hit after all those years of embarrassing playoff losses followed by the latter Mike Smith years, I think alot of our fans unfairly associate it with disappointment. Still the Samuel L Jackson thing is still pretty cool.

Also hard to hear  it rolling off the  "collective tounge" . Needs deeper vowels as it where

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

This is the best one we got going for us right now. Problem is I think it took hit after all those years of embarrassing playoff losses followed by the latter Mike Smith years, I think alot of our fans unfairly associate it with disappointment. Still the Samuel L Jackson thing is still pretty cool.

Also hard to hear  it rolling off the  "collective tounge" . Needs deeper vowels as it where

I hear you. A Super Bowl win will make it sound a lot better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Off topic, sorry but..

Anyone who attends home games... do they still do that "go falcons go" thing at kick off that they were trying to start up a few years ago? , I remember many here thinking it was lame, but I thought it was pretty cool. I never hear it though on tv

No, I haven't seen it at all this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

This thread has a link the Falcons Roost where you can download the MP3 of the one I remember. You're lyrics are not any I recall.

Thread--Fly High Falcons

More direct link to MP3

It was around the 86-89 seasons I believe. Sounded like it could've been produced by the folks who made the old see the USA in your Chevrolet commercials...and I'm confident of those lyrics, but Google was not much help for my confidence, lol.

Edited by tikibar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...