Superstitions and Game Day Rituals

SkerFalcon8710

Let's hear em, personally I make sure I have at least 1 piece of falcon gear with me wherever I am. I work on sundays but still get to watch games so it important to to be representing every Sunday. When I'm home I Gotta make sure the living room is spotless so my OCD won't distract me from the game at all. 

Whats yours?

1 minute ago, notthatcool said:

I have same gameday t-shirt I have worn the last six weeks

I also wear the opposing team colors to church before the games.  It started out by accident when we played Carolina.... then I couldn't not do it for the rest of the season.  

I like that lol take em to church those soulless ******** 

I can't wear anything Falcon related during the game cause this obviously puts the voo-doo hex on them. And I have to wear my Falcon Pajamas and Falcon night shirt to bed the night prior. Just started this second one about 4 games ago. Thru the years I'm surprised to find how so many things worked for good luck at first just to be tossed away in a sea of disappointment. Still have a Chris Chandler Jersey from '97' that I only wore about 8 times. Just hope this Pajama thing works out.

GO FALCONS!!

Ugh I'll apologize in advance. My thing is, never wear any Falcons apparel. I've been pretty consistent this year wearing the same shorts and same color wife beater and watching the game from MY couch. 

Well about 4 months ago my wife and I RSVP'd to a friend of ours vow renewal. The other day my wife reminded me about it and I said "**** that the Falcons play at 4:30". The thing is at 5. My wife was not pleased. So I had to compromise and tell her I'd go, so she doesn't have to go by herself, but I'm getting there before my game and staying at the bar. It's at a nice restaurant that also has a wedding hall. No tvs in the hall but my wife said it's ok for me to stay at bar and not go watch the renewal nor be there for the dinner. Feel a bit bad for our friend because I'm sure they had to pay per RSVP so I'll probably ask him if I can give him the money for my part.

My American Flag underwear... Black fitted Falcons shirt under Red Julio Jersey... downstairs in my recliner laptop hooked to TV (in Canada) ... lay my sons jersey on the couch next to me (he just doesn't like to wear it)... Falcons (Man Cave) Carpet under my feet... Falcons Blanket on back of Recliner... have my sons little Braves Baseball rubber bat in hand....the usual

Edited by AtlDraino

35 minutes ago, cb5639 said:

Ugh I'll apologize in advance. My thing is, never wear any Falcons apparel. I've been pretty consistent this year wearing the same shorts and same color wife beater and watching the game from MY couch. 

Well about 4 months ago my wife and I RSVP'd to a friend of ours vow renewal. The other day my wife reminded me about it and I said "**** that the Falcons play at 4:30". The thing is at 5. My wife was not pleased. So I had to compromise and tell her I'd go, so she doesn't have to go by herself, but I'm getting there before my game and staying at the bar. It's at a nice restaurant that also has a wedding hall. No tvs in the hall but my wife said it's ok for me to stay at bar and not go watch the renewal nor be there for the dinner. Feel a bit bad for our friend because I'm sure they had to pay per RSVP so I'll probably ask him if I can give him the money for my part.

Dedication just make sure you wear your shorts and wife beater to the restaurant :lol: 

Only thing I really do is when the game first starts, I pace back n forth and I won't sit down until the other team scores or we punt. 

I don't think it's a ritual, I'm just an anxious person.  

Also I won't engage in any conversation during play. Falcons need my full concentration when they are on the field

I have a throwback Roddy jersey that I wear every gameday and my son has a Julio jersey.  I do not wash either until a loss.  I have a pink plastic ring that my daughters gave me that I have to put on 20 mins before the start of a game on my left pinky finger.  I drive to the store and at the first stop sign I have to take the ring off my necklace.

No bathroom breaks after halftime, period.  I have to change where I am sitting at the start of the 4th qtr.  If we are behind, then I have to stand up the whole 4th qtr.

I have a faded Falcons tee that I wore to work after everygame, win or lose.  I got promoted to the office this year, so now I have a Falcons polo that I wear instead along with Falcons knee socks.

Nothing much.

I used to wear my old school Falcons hat but it lost it's mojo. Daughter got me what she calls Falcons voodoo beads LOL (Mardi Gras beads with Falcon logo) in New Orleans and those are usually laying around to be thrown or rubbed for good luck. Before the last game found my old 1998 Western Division Champions hat.  Had that on the first half with 5 straight scores , so it gets a return trip to the dome last game I wore it was the 98 playoff against the Niners, 18 years ago. 

1 hour ago, cb5639 said:

lol

6 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I used to wear my old school Falcons hat but it lost it's mojo. Daughter got me what she calls Falcons voodoo beads LOL (Mardi Gras beads with Falcon logo) in New Orleans and those are usually laying around to be thrown or rubbed for good luck. Before the last game found my old 1998 Western Division Champions hat.  Had that on the first half with 5 straight scores , so it gets a return trip to the dome last game I wore it was the 98 playoff against the Niners, 18 years ago. 

Did you ask your daughter how she obtained those beads at Mardi Gras? I would have been rather suspicious.. hopefully they are not hex'd to boot.. <_<

/purple, didn't man any disrespect just couldn't help but laugh a bit :o

My ritual obviously has more merit than all these other flukes.When I watch the games we either Win or Lose. We've won 11 of the games I have watched so far... Causing me to believe that I have a secret power that can change the outcome of the games (We win or there is a small chance we lose if I watch)hence 11 wins 5 losses. Anyways you guys better hope I'm watching the game on Saturday.