[ESPN] Big-play Falcons pose big problems for Seahawks' vulnerable secondary

knomercy

6 minutes ago, knomercy said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/24857/big-play-falcons-pose-big-problems-for-seahawks-vulnerable-secondary

"Seattle Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia and Atlanta Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure take an in-depth look at Saturday's NFC divisional playoff game in Atlanta (4:35 p.m. ET, Fox). "

Thanks.

Man, they are pumping up Rawls every way they can think of. First it was his total yards and yards per carry, now it's his yards after contact. Pretty soon it'll be like the "Vick Yards" :lol:

Anyway I grant you the man had a dream game, now it's time to wake him up.

9 minutes ago, rounz said:

Thanks.

Man, they are pumping up Rawls every way they can think of. First it was his total yards and yards per carry, now it's his yards after contact. Pretty soon it'll be like the "Vick Yards" :lol:

It's not in any way a direct comparison, of course (they're different runners facing different defenses) but remember when Turner absolutely went OFF for like 200+ yards in his and Ryan's first game and then was smothered a week later in Tampa?

It's not easy to repeat a 150+ kind of performance 2 weeks in a row in this league.

33 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

It's not in any way a direct comparison, of course (they're different runners facing different defenses) but remember when Turner absolutely went OFF for like 200+ yards in his and Ryan's first game and then was smothered a week later in Tampa?

It's not easy to repeat a 150+ kind of performance 2 weeks in a row in this league.

No it isn't...especially if you are not use to doing it. I wait for the jelly legs to set in by the 3rd quarter.  If the Seahawks are smart they'll save him for the 2nd half. 

38 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

That's a good point

Just from the physical standpoint it's hard do do.

And different teams match up differently.

We are not Detroit; heck we aren't even the same team they faced earlier this season when we were really just finding our feet

You guys act like Thomas Rawls is just some guy that came out of nowhere this season that the media is arbitrarily picking to be a difference maker. He's been doing this since last season before he got injured. He's a really good RB. Last season (rookie season) he averaged 5.6 yards per carry on 147 attempts for 830 yards. Heck, I remember him rushing for 160+ yards at Cincinnati last year. Of course he wasn't gonna set the league on fire coming back from a fractured ankle running behind a patchwork O-line that was still gelling.

Edited by JerseyNo12

1 hour ago, rounz said:

Thanks.

You need to look at his tape from his rookie season (last year). This isn't just a one-hit wonder. This kid is good.

2 hours ago, nomak said:

No it isn't...especially if you are not use to doing it. I wait for the jelly legs to set in by the 3rd quarter.  If the Seahawks are smart they'll save him for the 2nd half. 

It doesn't have anything to do with jelly legs or not being used to anything. Ajayi had back to back 200 yard games. It's about how the next team plays you. Unknown backs have big games because the team they face may not believe in their ability to run so they focus on pass which allows the other team to run. If you get jelly legs from running, something you've done your entire football life, then you shouldn't be playing in the NFL. You practice to not have jelly legs. You're not in shape if you have jelly legs in 2 games lol. A lot of these guys are used to having 200 yard games back to back. It's no difference from high school or college besides the competition is better at the top level. But if you're a running back that's what you do. Run. 

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

You need to look at his tape from his rookie season (last year). This isn't just a one-hit wonder. This kid is good.

I was about to say this. Why are ppl thinking he's a one hit wonder? I felt like this kid was a good replacement for Lynch when he was still on the team. He came in for Lynch and feasted. Rawls is a good back. I think some guys ONLY watch the Falcons and don't keep up with the whole league until the playoffs start. I watch the entire league. 

1 hour ago, dmo_dlo said:

OK I'm officially worried now that McClure is predicting a Falcons win.

Now this is a real issue. All year he doubted and we won. Now he's on board. Smh. If I believed in superstition like that I would be worried. Still wish he would've done like he did all year. Don't switch the routine. 

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He may be.

I'm not worried though, I'm sure Quinn & Co. know just what he can do and will be ready for him.

What tickled me was how they kept trotting out that one game to represent his production this season.

3 minutes ago, rounz said:

He may be.

I'm not worried though, I'm sure Quinn & Co. know just what he can do and will be ready for him.

What tickled me was how they kept trotting out that one game to represent his production this season.

I don't know, I'm sure this guy gets 200+ a game without fail and never gets winded or weak in the knees. 

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

You guys act like Thomas Rawls is just some guy that came out of nowhere this season that the media is arbitrarily picking to be a difference maker. He's been doing this since last season before he got injured. He's a really good RB. Last season (rookie season) he averaged 5.6 yards per carry on 147 attempts for 830 yards. Heck, I remember him rushing for 160+ yards at Cincinnati last year. Of course he wasn't gonna set the league on fire coming back from a fractured ankle running behind a patchwork O-line that was still gelling.

And the same with Gurley? Plus all those missed tackles for Detroit. Sometimes you put it on the opponent and your offensive line. Detroit didn't make adjustments on double teamed spread out DTs. Everyone thought Gurley would run all over us too. Fact is the offensive line sucks and I don't expect it to change after playing Detroit. He's gonna get his but not 160 yards again. I would be willing to put cash on that. 

4 hours ago, nomak said:

I don't know, I'm sure this guy gets 200+ a game without fail and never gets winded or weak in the knees. 

LOL!

Bring him home

Nah, while I know it's possible to run for record-breaking yardage in consecutive playoff games, the idea that a game like that doesn't take a physical toll just doesn't seem logical.

Plus, as Fatboi said, the next opponent should have the advantage because he's now on their radar and will key on him.

I just know I will be surprised if Rawls has a repeat performance.

5 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

You guys act like...

And some people are acting like he's Sweetness 2.0. It's all a bit of hyperbole.

He's a decent back coming off an injury that had a good game at home.

He'll be a non-factor when we go up 14-0 in the first quarter and Seattle has to play catch up the entire game. :slick:

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

That Philly game was a bad game coming off a hard stretch on the schedule. This is a team fresh off a bye. The only concern with them facing Rawls is if they are unprepared and soft. I don't think that's gonna happen.

24 minutes ago, knomercy said:

And some people are acting like he's Sweetness 2.0. It's all a bit of hyperbole.

He'll be a non-factor when we go up 14-0 in the first quarter and Seattle has to play catch up the entire game. :slick:

I trust that Quinn will have his guys ready. But I'm telling y'all, if the defense underestimates Seattle and Rawls in particular, he will rush for a 100+ again. He may do it again anyway, but we have to limit his yards per carry and force them into third-and-long situations.

59 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I trust that Quinn will have his guys ready. But I'm telling y'all, if the defense underestimates Seattle and Rawls in particular, he will rush for a 100+ again. He may do it again anyway, but we have to limit his yards per carry and force them into third-and-long situations.

He can rush for 1000 yards, as long as we get the "W" at the end of the day.

Falcons DL does not lack experience...its our back 7 that does.

Furthermore this Falcons D is not undersized up front. Sea's running game ranks about 25th in the NFL.

WIll our LBs and secondary over pursuit? Will they be emotionally too high because of whats at stake?

I dont think so....they know that our offense is going to put up points. They can afford to play bend but do not break if needed. Lots of talent in that back 7 for Atlanta. I am not worried about our D. They will play hard and smart for 4 qtrs....thats all I can ask for. 

My only concern originates on the other side of the ball. I thinks Seattle's secondary will certainly test the refs to see how tight and close they can cover. If the refs call everything...they are going to blitz more and more. If the refs do not and we see a repeat of the earlier match up....that will hurt us....the game will be very close...and that could rattle our younger defense in the 4th qtr especially...when we will need them the most.  

5 hours ago, knomercy said:

Coming off a good game at home against a crappy team.

I really really really really really want us to come out and play like we did against the Saints. TDs on the first 5 possessions. I want to see that kind of dominance.