Major observation

NOVAFalconFan

So the guest on the Locked on Podcast pointed out something that hadn't struck me yet:

all of our WRs have numbers in the teens.  Surely that has never happened before, with any team.

Julio #11

Sanu #12

Daniels #13

Weems #14

Williams #15

Hardy #16

Gabriel #18

Robinson #19

That had to be done on purpose?  Cool, though.

And, looks like Devin Fuller didn't get the memo.  Awkward.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hester's #17 retired.

I didn't see his jersey listed as retired, however he was released July 26th.  It's fair enough to assume Devon Fuller picked his number well before Hester's departure.

Devin Hester was released by the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday after two seasons with the team. Hester, who was entering the final season of a three-year, $9 million contract, holds the NFL record for kickoff (20) and punt (14) returns for touchdowns. Hester, 33, was sidelined until Week 13 with a toe injury last season.Jul 26, 2016

2 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

So the guest on the Locked on Podcast pointed out something that hadn't struck me yet:

all of our WRs have numbers in the teens.  Surely that has never happened before, with any team.

That had to be done on purpose?  Cool, though.

And, looks like Devin Fuller didn't get the memo.  Awkward.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, pzummo said:

I don't think you know what "teens" means either... Eleventeen. Twelveteen.

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

I was going to if no one else had by the time I reached the end of the thread. Thanks for beating me to the punch  :tiphat::golfclap:

If we're going to be that technical.... we are talking about numbers and not kids ages. 11 and 12 may not be teenagers but they certainly are teens. The etymology of the words eleven and twelve are derived from older cultures that used a base 12 numerical system. But modern day society and Americans count on a base ten system which means numbers repeat at 10. So all double digit numbers that start with a 1 which represents the number 10 ( so numbers 10-19) are all considered teens. 

The confusion many have is because the word teenager was coined much later in society to describe youth in the midst of puberty so 13 and up were called teenagers and ages 10-12 were considered pre-teens but make no mistake, from a strictly mathematical and/or counting definition, 11 and 12 are in fact teens. And if it makes it easier to remember just ignore the word "teen" and just think "ten" or "over ten". I.e. 1 over 10 = 11, 2 over 10 equals 12. The etymology is different but the math doesn't lie.

Edited by LightningDawg58

1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

If we're going to be that technical.... we are talking about numbers and not kids ages. 11 and 12 may not be teenagers but they certainly are teens. The etymology of the words eleven and twelve are derived from older cultures that used a base 12 numerical system. But modern day society and Americans count on a base ten system which means numbers repeat at 10. So all double digit numbers that start with a 1 which represents the number 10 ( so numbers 10-19) are all considered teens. 

The confusion many have is because the word teenager was coined much later in society to describe youth in the midst of puberty so 13 and up were called teenagers and ages 10-12 were considered pre-teens but make no mistake, from a strictly mathematical and/or counting definition, 11 and 12 are in fact teens

This is my favoriteenth post.

2 hours ago, athell said:

I don't think you know what "major" actually means, friend ;)

2 hours ago, pzummo said:

I don't think you know what "teens" means either... Eleventeen. Twelveteen.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I thought this was about to be another Tony Martin story and I was about to absolutely lose it

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

And all of our players with single digit numbers are named Matt (including practice squad)

127814606985.jpg

16 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

The confusion many have is because the word teenager was coined much later in society to describe youth in the midst of puberty so 13 and up were called teenagers and ages 10-12 were considered pre-teens but make no mistake, from a strictly mathematical and/or counting definition, 11 and 12 are in fact teens. And if it makes it easier to remember just ignore the word "teen" and just think "ten" or "over ten". I.e. 1 over 10 = 11, 2 over 10 equals 12. The etymology is different but the math doesn't lie.

Oh yeah?

giphy.gif